Buy Right Away, or wait a little while?

Buy Or Wait?

• No way! I want to see what version is the best this time!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MoonEye821

I have been a huge Mortal Kombat fan sense I was in grade-school. I first fell in love with the series with Mortal Kombat II in the Arcades. Then, I fell in love with Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. As the years went by I purchased MKI and MK3 as well as Trilogy. I own MK4 for the N64 and at one point, before it broke, owned MKDA for my Game-Cube. I have always, to that point, loved the Mortal Kombat Series and Games.

I loved Deception as well, but it was indeed a deception for me. I spent my Birthday money on a Playstation2 so I could play the game. That is because, originally, you had not advertised or mentioned any plans that you would be releasing the game for the Nintendo Game-Cube. It was not until, well long enough, later that me and a lot of other people bought it for own X-Boxes or Playstaion2s. It was one of the most deceiving and ironic times in all my life. I felt betrayed and cheated. The first thing that hurt about Deception was that if I waited a handful of months I would not have had to blow my money on a new system to get a game that was coming out for the system I already had, sans the online play but with two more characters. The second, and more painful of the two, was that you did not give me the choice. It would have been sad to have to choose between online play and Goro and Shoa Kahn. But to not even know there was a choice until it was too late, that indeed was a stab into my heart. And now there is even another version coming out for the PSP.

Well, it seems we come again to your next major release. Your next game, Mortal Kombat Armageddon will truly mark the end of my official child-hood. I child-hood in which I have bought many of your games, seen the movies, watched the cartoon show. And until Deception I was a fan. I have complained heavily in online forums because of what was done, and few seem to care. I hope that the company that has brought me joy and excitement, action, sense child-hood would have some pride and take some action about that. I don’t expect you to pay me back any money for the purchase of the Kollectors edition of Deception or my Playstation2. But what I do hope for is that you would have the dignity to, this time around and from now on, do one of two things.

One, do like you did with Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance and make the game equal as possible for every system. The X-Box, by most people’s standard’s, became the best because the X-Box was considered the best performing system. But all three versions, excluding the two game-boy ones that the community sees more as side games, had the same characters, features, and modes. The Game-Cube, PS2, and X-Box where feature wise identical. Only the hardware performance picked a superior, as it should be.

Or two, if you don’t take the first and best choice, at least mention in the press releases that a Game-Cube, PSP, or any other version is coming soon. And, which would have done wonders for me, mention it well in advance to the release of the X-Box and Playstation2 versions of Mortal Kombat Armageddon.

I know that you are the company, and it is your product, and that you will do as you see fit. I just wanted to express a suggestion from one lone-time Mortal Kombat fan, although not the longest by any means, but still a long time fan you loves the series but felt burned by on Deception; and does not want the same feeling for Armageddon. After all, Armageddon is the battle to end all battles. I realize there will be more Mortal Kombat games. But this is the first one to come out after I turn 18 in September. It will have all the characters from all my child-hood Mortal Kombat games. I don’t want to get burned again by being as I see it a loyal fan, pre-ordering, then calling each day to make sure I get it the day it comes. Then to find out my version is obsolete in months. That is no way to treat your fans. If I get Armageddon, I want to make it my crowning game. A time capsule of all the characters and fun I’ve had sense child-hood. And I want to be proud of my game, not feel burned over it.

There where other people who felt as I did. And I know it must make a good amount of money to have the fans buy a game, then come back and buy it all over again for two characters like some fans did but as I did not and never will. But to make Armageddon a game worth being proud of, to treat the fans right, and to hold up the honor and integrate that has held Midway so high for all these years, I beg you please. Please do not let what might be my crowning game of my life-time, and land-mark in MK History, and a toast to both your success and the loyalty of the fans burn the fans as did Deception.

I know it doesn’t sound pleasant, but I do not plan to buy the game until I know for sure the incident will not repeat itself. Also, if I do buy it I plan to make it my favorite game. As such, I may or may not see the need to buy another one hence. And that will be no fault of yours. I am a very fickle person at times. All I ask is that this game be handled with love and honor. I hope to think you, Midway, did not intentionally gauge the fans for more money with Deception. I hope if it where true that you never do it again. I am sorry for any past complaints, and I look forward hoping that what will come to pass will not make my insides feel like I drank a jug of spoiled milk. Thank you, and let Mortal Kombat begin!

Also, will every character ever make it, or just the fighting games? For instance, will the Elemental Gods from Mythologies Sub-Zero and other characters from the side games play too, or just the name characters? Also, I hope you get at least all the name ones in if nothing else. I voted and checked a poll and the overwhelming majority did hope to see Motaro enter the game.

:p

Dude Motaro IS confirmed for MK:A by Ed Boon himself.

Plus why would you complain about having to buy another system?

I mean you have more playability choices.

I'm pretty sure GC isn't getting it this time.

The Xbox version is better because the Xbox is the strongest system...

The PS2 is even weaker in some areas that even the GC don't have.

But IMO, I'm buying both versions. I like the PS2 controller better but Xbox will most likely look great.

End of a child-hood? I've played MK games since they came out and bought all of them, other than they are getting more 3D and less combo-perfect, they really aren't that different.

Plus can you really blame Midway? No. Mortal Kombat is like there highest selling series. They have almost went bankrupt many times, these add ons/etc. Need otherwise good-bye Mortal Kombat.

Also you do know you need to stop complaining.
"Boo hoo,I didn't wait" well not to sound rude, no wonder the other forums/etc. Didn't take you seriously. You should blame yourself for not waiting.

"Waiting is a virtue" As many have said. BTW you do know you could return the games you have that you don't want to make enough money for the GC version right? Didn't think so.

Again why the hate for the other systems? I mean you make it sound like Sony/Microsoft systems suck and GC rocks. Wrong.

PS2=GC>Xbox by how the fans, etc.

Now I like Xbox, don't get me wrong. I still love all my old systems.

Also, I would say if you have the PS2 buy it. I don't think they are going to rerelease it: Since transfering all that game data too GC would take more than one disk and well Midway really doesn't like that anymore. (MK:DA 1 disk/etc.)

Plus how many times do you have to go on: "It was a Deception you didn't tell me you were releasing/etc."

Again it is YOUR fault. You should have waited a few months to buy it.

Also the PSP gets only 4 new characters... So what they aren't that great: Jax, Kitana, Frost, and Blaze.

Seriously you are getting upset over 4 characters ?! Dude the PSP battery won't last forever. Thus you would have to keep it on charger while playing somewhere.

All in all:

-You shouldn't complain

-Your faults aren't Midway's.

-Buying a system for mainly 1 game is ludicris

-WTH were you thinking, if you didn't like the system?

-Midway doesn't have to release every single game for the GC.

-Learn to wait.

-Buy it immediately you have PS2, plus they aren't going to be adding any new characters. Except for Bob, but he is also in the Xbox/PS2 version.

Pretty much sums it up.

I'll most likly buy it as soon as possible. I won't reserve it, unless there is a good freebie that comes with it.

Well...it depends on whether or not Zelda can keep me playing until after October. But all silliness aside I'll most definitelely get it IMMEDIATELY!

I gotta get it as soon as possible. If I don't, I'll miss out on all the discovery fun around here.

I have a God-given right to complain when a company stabs me in the gut for being fan enough to buy a system for their game. Don't yell at me because Midway price-gauges as much as gas companies. People complain about that all the time, justly. I am justly complaining that Midway screwed me over deliberately for $210.00! I am perfectly just in my complaints. I shouldn’t have to wait. They should keep game integrity. It is only weak companies who have to resort to price gauging to stay afloat. If this is true in Midway, then they should die with a good name rather than live on dishonorably.

I beg your pardon! *no offense for this whole post*

Do you even know what the hell you are talking about?

It is your damn fault.

You shouldn't have:

-Bought the GC if you thought all MK games were coming to it.

-Bought the PS2 for any MK games because YOU certainly aren't a fan

-Should have returned the GC if you just wanted it for MK games/etc.

-Should never even have played the games.

-Should have waited patiently.

Now that is your fault.

Midway is a small gaming CO.

It doesn't have money like Microsoft, Sony, and or Nintendo. So what the hell do you expect? Them to just waist away their money and go bankrupt?

I don't freakin think so!

They aren't dishonest. If you want to buy a game for just a few characters you are a loser in your own right.

If you bought the PS2 for just MK:D shut the hell up and leave. We don't want to hear it!

Do you see others complaining like this? My PSP broke and I'm going back so I can buy the new MKU game. That is a total of 300$ am I complaining? Even though I have money problems? No! Because it is my fault.

Now pretend it was like this:

Midway confirms MK not for this system... *but then it does*

Then yes you have a good right to complain. But when they just said

"It may come to GC sooner or later"-stated once in a magazine which I have the copy still.

Guess what? It is YOUR, not Midways damn fault.

Also you dis the system why? Nintendo fanboy? If so I suggest you leave like the rest of the Xbox/Sony fanboys. Because they along with NFB aren't welcome here.

I don't care if it is your God-Given right. God says you shouldn't wrongfully blame someone for your misfortunes for your own faults. But guess what? Here is the topic.

Now you have the PS2, with the largest selection of games. The Xbox will always look better because you know what? Microsoft is richer than Sony by millions, if not billions. Thus they are going to have the better technology installed into their systems. *Xbox has hardly any good games, compared to GC/PS2*

The Game Cube, doesn't need to load, but lags. I can't stand pulling certain combos with a GC controller. But I still like it.

Why do you think everyone but me ignored your post to the max extent? Because then you would go to some other site, and complain.

Do you think Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft doesn't milk the cash bar for what it's worth? They make series and continue them even if they suck to get loads of money. (Pokemon was once really cool now it is mainly boring)

So no company is any better than what Midway is doing. That is a fact of life. "Life isn't fair, so get over it!"

If you can't well then I question your maturity level.

-So just buy the damn game and stop complaining. No one really cares about it.

So in other words. Just buy it, if another game for the GC comes out of it, sell that one back, make some money somehow (I suggest W-O-R-K the four letter word teens/etc. Hate to hear) then buy it. Because success only comes before work in the dictionary.-fact of life.

*Ends rant*

So what are you waiting for save up some money.

I'm sure you have 50$.

My birthday is in september so i'm preording with the money I get and then picking it up on release date.

Ffs people, stop it already. Mooneye stop complaining and Pheonix stop inciting him! There's no rule saying you have to have only 1 system, I've got both a Gamecube and an Xbox (which I rarely use btw) and I've got all the MK games for BOTH of them, but who's to say those are the only games I have eh? Stop with the system wars, knit-picking, and Midway bashing, it accomplishese NOTHING.

Strickly speaking you should be glad to have a copy of the game and not argue about the system wars. For some of us who have only 1 console and like... Have to wait until the game is nearly out of stock. Owning the game is more important then worrying about which console has the best version.

Ffs people, stop it already. Mooneye stop complaining and Pheonix stop inciting him!

He is the one inciting me to flame, with complaining about the systems and breaking on them.

There's no rule saying you have to have only 1 system, I've got both a Gamecube and an Xbox (which I rarely use btw) and I've got all the MK games for BOTH of them, but who's to say those are the only games I have eh?

Yeah and as I stated before I have all 3. unles you are giving this to Mooneye there isn't a point at all in saying that. I have all Mk games for each system. (With the exception of Arcade machines and the Geo Pocket version of MK:T)

But the way he said it sort of said he only had 1 game/MK games for it.

He didn't deny it was the first thing that gave me proof, and he started talking and complaining on how unfair it was to let the Xbox/PS2 have it and not GC. (Which later it got so why complain, when he could have worked to obtain the game for GC to?)

Stop with the system wars, knit-picking, and Midway bashing, it accomplishese NOTHING.

I wasn't knit-picking. I was pointing out:

-Xbox has better technology. But it has low supply of Video Games which the other two systems don't already have. (Still find that reason enough to buy them with their special games alone)

-GC needs no loading 8) . It has many more fun games, and also has good graphics if the game is meant to have them. There are many games for it, but still... (I still find that reason enough to buy one)

-PS2: The weakest system at the time. I'm sorry to say it to any Sony fanboys but it is true. The thing that makes it the highest selling is it's ganes. It has the largest supply anywhere. Even though it may be weaker, its shear amount of games is reason enough to buy one and be happy about it. The same goes for the other two.

I also wasn't Midway bashing. Actually I was defending it's name from the likes of what he was saying which was unfairly inaccurate.

Exactly like I said it accomplishes NOTHING/ other than me getting upset insighting/etc.

But thanks for giving my side a winning streak.

Strickly speaking you should be glad to have a copy of the game and not argue about the system wars

I'm sorry but I don't even believe in the console wars. They are equal in their own ways. With each their own strength and weakness. See above for details. Although I agee we should be happy, I'm already happy just seeing a pic of MK:A. (I've watched/downloaded the trailor what 20 times already?)

(I remember not having the most money and not being able to buy the games I wanted... *Sniff* Some I'll never be able to ever get again. I feel for you Angel... Although work still helps if you keep at it and obtain some money.)

For some of us who have only 1 console and like... Have to wait until the game is nearly out of stock. Owning the game is more important then worrying about which console has the best version.

I really hope that wasn't directed towards me.

I know what it is like with one system. But hey you are living.

Yeah I know how that feels, when the game is mainly out of stock...
:cry:

No game version is better than the others though. Like I explained.:

PS2 version: Somehow is easier on the eyes, and the controller IMO is better.

GC: Middle graphics better than PS2's, no loading, and fun.

Xbox: Graphics, and decent game play. But none of them are the best.

So no matter what they balance even. Which is what I was getting at.

Anyway like I said before. If you can work, save up money, get a bank account, borrow, rent from a store, etc.

Just buy it and stop worrying if their is a new game version of it with more characters, I'm sure 60+ characters is good enough.

Well, Phoenix, just so you know nothing in my post was directed toward you except the request to cease flaming, which I once again extend.

Alright. But I wasn't flamming :? I was just explaining my POV on my whole discussion over it... Sorry if it looked like that.

phoenix, mooneye,

shut the f*ck up!

moving on...
i might buy it right when it comes out, i might rent it. 3 times. lol
shaolin monks i rented 2wice. never bought it though.
I'll more then likely rentit then buy it right after. or maybe i'll just buy it. matter if i get to blockbuster or target first. :)

~Sub-Zero~ said:
phoenix, mooneye,

shut the f*ck up!

moving on...
i might buy it right when it comes out, i might rent it. 3 times. lol
shaolin monks i rented 2wice. never bought it though.
I'll more then likely rentit then buy it right after. or maybe i'll just buy it. matter if i get to blockbuster or target first. :)

Ok, you're just a cheap ass queer.

I'll buy the game right away. how are we supposed to decide wether or not you buy it right away/if at all? i think most people will get the game right away because this looks like the best MK game so far.

It will include the good graphics,"8-player mode" (whatever that is), air combos, classic stages and characters, create-a-fatality/character, along with a lot of new things that I'm sure will be very fun.

^I agree. There is no excuse for being a cheap queer. LMAO. No offense ~Sub Zero~

Seriously and people wonder why gaming COs. Sometimes go bankrupt, because of people who steal them, buy them cheaply, and etc. When I play a game I rent it once or twice unles I can't find it anywhere. (Dragon Warrior 7 I rented so many times the clerks wouldn't allow me to rent it anymore at that point in time XP/ but I still bought it at Game Stop the minute I found it for $20 bucks)

3 words
go fuck yourself.

that post was uncalled for. what is it with the cyrax lovers that make them act like total camel asses?

anyway i said i might buy it, i might rent it then buy it. how am i cheap? how am i gayer than you two butt buddies?

You seriously don't understand a thing. Ever heard you are as cheap as a cheap ass quear? It means you.... Nevermind you wouldn't understand.

Lets just say I agree because most COs. Close because of people who wait till the game cost what 10$ then buy it? if you have the money and it is affordable I buy it, so the CO. Can stay alive if they have money problems.

(thanks to cheap ass fans Midway almost went bankrupt three times. Think about this 3 times.) That is why people who are cheap/Very cheap are cheap ass quears. Unles like Angel who seriously can't afford it, then you aren't and can you honestly say you can't afford a 50$ game?

Hopefully everyone will be able to buy it when it comes out in which I plan to do.