Any ideas here?

Angel

You know I have a sore throat this morning due to my bro grabbing me by it and janking me away from the modem power cable.

Okay I'm a gamer... Not a great gamer, but I'm a gamer. I love games but I'm not obessed with them. My bro on the other hand is not only a gamer but an obessed gamer. He gets up in the morning at 11am -12 and goes striaght on his computer... Without breakfast or lunch... He comes off at about 5pm to eat something and goes striaght back on it.

He puts off every chore and task he is given because he can't pull himself away from the game. He recently brought a mic and started talking to everyone on-line... Trouble is we're in the UK and they are in the USA. In other words timezones interfer. In order for my bro to talk to the people he plays with he has to stay up to 11am... and doesn't get to bed until 3am.

Yeah last night after 3 night in a row of constantly asking him to 'shut up' he refused... The previous night my dad turned off the power supply to the house to get him to get something. Even with a threat and all my bro turned his computer back on and continued playing. Last night I lost my cool and pulled the plug out of the modem. Hence why I got grabbed by the throat. Its not the first time, the previous time he tried to strangle me because his computer switched itself off in the middle of a game while he was out of the room... And I got the blame for turning it off... ¬_¬'

So yeah... My dad made a deal that he turned it off at midnight. However he still insists on talking past midnight. I'm suffering from a lack of sleep... I'm grouchy this morning and I have a serious sore throat. Worst is my father won't do a thing about it and can't because my bro ignores him. I want to get sleep before middnight... But its impossible to do so with my bro constantly talking.

You guys have no idea what the hell its like to sit there and every 10 mins just as your drifting off... To have someone talk and wake you up again. :cry:

Um dont have much suggestions but have you ever tried a timer switch (it will automaticaly turn the computer or anything else of. Or you can try bringing some of his friends round. And let them sit there with him cause his friends will get really bored doing nothing and they will maybe ask him to come outside and get away from that. But you might have tried these and if you have i aint got a clue what else to do

is the computer in your room? or why does him talking so loud keep you awake. i usually just put a pillow over my head if like the tvs on and im too lazy to turn it off. other than that, just take the power cable from the computer and hide it til morning.

Vixen said:
is the computer in your room? or why does him talking so loud keep you awake. i usually just put a pillow over my head if like the tvs on and im too lazy to turn it off. other than that, just take the power cable from the computer and hide it til morning.

But then he will blame Angel and try to choke her again... So that is a BAD idea. No offense.

hey. it was a only suggestion as thats what she asked for. i didnt say she HAD to listen to a word i said. okay so if hes going to choke her over a stupid game then he has some major anger managment problems.

:(

^ I said No OFFENSE.

The only thing I was saying is her brother may hurt her again...

But now my brother that would work on. Angel all I can say is kick you brother's ass.

My bro's computer is in his room, its next to mine. I like silence when I go to sleep and I find it very hard with noise around me to sleep. I'm also a light sleeper and I get woken up very easily.

Hiding the power cable = bad idea... First he needs to come off it so I can steal it. And then he'd hit me if I don't tell him where it is. He is not afriad to use force and thats the prob, even against a girl who is his own sister.

My bro has a bad temper. He is alright... Until someone interfers with his game. You see the problem? He is most annoying. He has been like this for the past several months, but the last three months he just want to shut up.

He has a trick now, when I go to bed, he comes off his computer... Goes down watches TV for half and hour and goes back on his computer. However he wakes me up as soon as he begins talking. He has been using it for the last 3 days (hence why I've suffered a lack of sleep).

All I can say is your brother is an idiot.

Even I the guy who takes games seriously wouldn't do stuff like that. (Although I hit my friends/etc. When they screw up my game/files)

You need to kick his ass or report it to your father or another parenting figure, to get him psychiatric help, he needs it.

He doesn't need to chat with his friends every SINGLE day.

Or you could always invite me over to beat the shit out of him for being such an ass-wipe. Or use force yourself don't be afraid to use a knife, hammer, saw, etc. If need be attack him or the computer.

Sleep Deprevation is a serious thing. After a few days you will start getting weaker. All I can say is good luck on whatever you choose.

BTW does he ever sleep? I mean once he does you could smash his computer if he tries to hurt you get a knife.

I wonder what your electric bill is..anyway...

Ever try taking the microphone? or tell your dad to? It might work, idk just pitching in my 2-cents.

Kona said:
I wonder what your electric bill is..anyway...

You do not want to see our families eletric bill... :shock:

BTW my dad = not so good... He actually sides more to my bro's side then mine. My dad gave up on my bro a long time ago and so now my bro gets away with a lot of things. Worst my dad does is turn off the power supply... He has threatened to kick him out but that is never gonna happen.

He is like... Addictied to games... And worst still is the games he plays... Return to castle wolfenstien: Enemy territory and Raganok on-line. Their like... Crap.

when he talks online...does he use the speakers, meaning you can hear the other people too? Or does he use headphones. If he doesnt, make him wear headphones and tell him to talk quieter.

okay, I heard a story about something similar on the internet. what the younger sister did is she bought a tazer and when the older brother was about to physically attack her, she would tazer his mofo ass. you should do the same. with the computer problem though, you should get your bro out of the house, sell his computer, problem solved. if he tries to attack you, tazer his ass.

pyro scorpion said:
okay, I heard a story about something similar on the internet. what the younger sister did is she bought a tazer and when the older brother was about to physically attack her, she would tazer his mofo ass. you should do the same. with the computer problem though, you should get your bro out of the house, sell his computer, problem solved. if he tries to attack you, tazer his ass.

I think that is a marvelous solution. And a funny one at that.

Yes Angel you should get something to protect yourself from his abuse.

Kona said:
when he talks online...does he use the speakers, meaning you can hear the other people too? Or does he use headphones. If he doesnt, make him wear headphones and tell him to talk quieter.

Yeah he has headphones... Just as well... It was worst in the days before it had them... I swear Enemy terroritories constant 'MEDIC!' calls from the players would make me go crazy.

If I used a Taser... I get the same treatment my bro gets. My bro is not suppose to hit/hurt me or faces departure from our house. So a taser = a bit overboard. I can't hurt him... He isn't suppose to hurt me.

Reguardless every time my father tells him off for doing he says the same thing... 'Next time your out!'... Of course... Next time never comes.

This is going to sound stupid, but how about an intervention? Sure, that's usually used for drugs, alcohol and stuff like that, but if he has a problem that bad, it could be an option to get your whole family together and confront him. At the very least, he might change his habits out of the sheer embarrassment of the situation.

I have no idea what else you could possibly do that would have any effect on him. If he doesn't think he's got a problem, then you can't really do anything. :?

Hire a hit...

Oh I'm sorry, I hope your brother isn't reading the above.

Seriously though if you get to the point you feel weak you have to do something.

I have stayed up for 3 whole weeks when I went to sleep I felt terrible.
Also does he sleep though? I mean ever?

As I said... from 3am to 11am-12ish midday. Timezone don't help because as I said, we live in the UK, he talks to people from the US. What is daytime to you is nighttime for us. theres something like 7 hours or whatever difference.

Your father seems to be a bad parent no offense.

Maybe you should teach him a lesson if he kicks you out, you could sue him for bad parenting, or you could sue him for child/teen abuse, and what-not.