Fake: Prophet Dealing Some Pain

Prophet

Here is a fake that took some work. Everything is custom, except the hook in the background, and the sub-zero and ermac sprite.

fakeprophetone7if.png

Feedback necessary.

:twisted: Nice. I like the BG quite a bit, and the rest is excellent too. We've seen this fatality a bunch of times, though... but that doesn't take anything away from the execution of this one. 10/10

Nothing to say about the edited*spelling? parts (I like the sprite and the red ice?? a lot) but let me ask: did Subzero get impaled in air or was he on the ground? I assume he was lying on the ground then the spike got thru him. Or maybe the character on the left (Prophet right?) lifted Subzero and impaled him on the spike? It looks more like the first option, looking at Prophet's pose. I think Subzero looks too rigid (head, legs...), that's why I'm asking.

first comment - holy crap prophet, your character has a shirt on!

like koroner said, this is a little on the unoriginal side, even i have used an almost identical fatality in a tremor vs. mileena fake. however, this is a gorgeous fake. only problems are the backgound is a bit plain, and there isn't enough gore. 8.5

I give it a 9/10

I dunno. It deserves that rating... But I don't like it. There is a LOT to be desired for here. The background is too boring and while the sprite is quite good it doesn't look like it belongs on the picture for some reason. The spike... No cribs about that, thats properly the best part of this picture. If MK had its 2D period now thats how it properly would look.

No bonuses for orginality, this has been done hundreds of times. Properly though the best attempt I've seen in a while.

Thats excellent prophet. The fake looks excelent you outdone your self on this prophet. Even know that fakes been done plenty of time you still add your own originalty to it

Thank you for your feedback. I will surely work on originality next time around.

To answer your question Gor, Sub-Zero was laying on the ground, when Prophet shot a spike up from the ground through Zero. If Sub-Zero was being lifted, I would leave some reminisence of the red aura around him.

Goraka said:
first comment - holy crap prophet, your character has a shirt on!

first thoughts too :lol:

I think it turned out pretty excellent, Prophet. I don't see what's so bad about the background, sometimes simplicity is best.

A solid fake nonetheless. Good job

One word: Sloppy. The 'Prophet' sprite is way too blurry in comparison to the more crisp Sub-Zero sprite. On that note, try making a sprite without abusing the smudge and blur tool. Heh, the background is decent but it doesn't make up for the sprites. Better luck next time.

MKRocket said:
One word: Sloppy. The 'Prophet' sprite is way too blurry in comparison to the more crisp Sub-Zero sprite. On that note, try making a sprite without abusing the smudge and blur tool. Heh, the background is decent but it doesn't make up for the sprites. Better luck next time.

Thats it! You've picked out the reason I couldn't find about why it doesn't look like it belongs with the picture! :D

The Jacket now someone has pointed out blurs, the blurs on that don't even look realistic enough.