UMK3 Tourny at BreakDown Feb 18th, Dunellen NJ

EWAShock

There will be a UMK3 Tournament at 8 on the Break February 18th, 2006. UMK3 is generally an under the table tournament so no cover charge will apply (most likely) and a $5 entry fee for the UMK3 tournament itself plus quarters to play is the expense.

340 North Ave, Dunellen, NJ 08812

Players who are/might be participating:

Shock, The Prophet, Phi, Rob Sigley, BustaUppa, Julian Robinson, Jeron, DreemerNJ, Red Gouki and others. We need players to show up else we cannot have a tournament. Keep UMK3 alive and represent it.

Other tournament info:

--- BreakDown5 (Saturday Feb 18, 2006) MvC2/CvS2/3S/ST ---

...because i can't just turn my back...

tournaments:
super turbo
capcom vs snk 2
street fighter 3 - 3rd strike
marvel vs capcom 2

saturday, february 18, 2006 (yes, a saturday tournament at the break, presidents' day weekend too, so you better have a *really* good excuse for missing out)
signups start at 2pm
super turbo starts at 4pm
capcom vs snk 2 starts at 3pm
street fighter 3 - 3rd strike starts at 3pm
marvel vs capcom 2 starts at 4pm
team tourneys if and only if there are at least 8 teams that register at 2pm.

$5 cover, before entering your first tournament
$10 each tournament except super turbo, which will be $5

other stuff:
-dsp will be running 3s and st, rob will be running cvs2, josh wigfal will be running mvc2, phi will be making brackets, gettin vids, fixing stuff, and making sure tourneys go smooth ;)
-st will have brand new switch (competition) sticks installed for the tourney.
-i'll install switch sticks into any requested cabinet as a trial for the tourney.
-let me know if controls are acting up and what's wrong. if you plainly say that they suck, you'll just look retarded.
-i do (and have) fix(ed) controls.
-everyone who's been to my events know how smooth and chill things are. dsp, rob, and wigfal have done this stuff before and they got me as backup ^_^;
-expect to hear something about ecc soon cough (may 27-28) cough.
-don't mind if i'm slow to respond. dsp, rob and wigfal should be able to answer for me. if not, i'll address it.

stuff people should already know:
-tournaments are double elimination. you lose 2 matches and you're eliminated from the tournament.
-matches are 2 out of 3 games for regular matches. (3 out of 5 for super turbo, 1 -game per match for cvs2, unless the tournament is going quick)
-winners and losers finals are 3 out of 5 games (including super turbo. cvs2 which will be 2 out of 3, depending on time).
-grand finals are 4 out of 7 games (including super turbo. cvs2, 2 out of 3, depending on time and what players want)
-the tournament directors and myself are approachable and nice (yeah even phil, in person). if you got a question/concern, don't be a fcktard and you won't be treated like one ;) lol j/k
-i will seed people by region, so you will not be playing anyone you came with early in the tournament. i take pride in my bracketing, and anyone who knows my work knows that i try to make them as fair as possible (except for people who are late)

-JetPhi

yeah, uh, never heard of it. sounds interesting. this one time, i wanted to form my own Mortal Kombat with other dudes from my Junior High, but before I sed anything, I realized I could get sued BIG TIME. Anyways, tell ya what, I'll walk around my Jr High with a kustom ad for it taped to my backpack. no, wait, thats a really dumb idea. :?

Woah wow, was that first response what I think it was? This is just a UMK3 tournament, playing the game, at an arcade.

It is Dunellen New Jersey, at 8 on the Break, a major east coast US arcade. I will be running the tournament with another guy, Phi, and it will most likely be later on in the day, like after 6 or 7 PM.

Prize = P x $5

So however many people show up, whoever wins the tournament gets the money, say 5 people show up and we actually have a tournament, the winner gets $25, but say if 16 people show up, the winner will get about 75%, second place will get 25%, and if even more people magically show, 3rd place might get 5% and second will get 20%, something to that effect.

Like always, if I happen to be in the tri-state area, I'll drop by. So $5 plus how many quarters should one expect to bring?

Well, I'd bring like, a 10 and two 5's just in case, the people there are good but the more people there, the less each person plays unless someone is amazing.

I gotta talk to Phi about getting the sticks fixed.

Anyone is welcome to play.

ERUPT said:
WELL I'VE FORGOTTEN HOW TO PLAY UMK3 SO I'LL BE THERE JUST CHILLIN'

Why do you always CAPS? Plus it is just HP, LP, HK, LK, BLK, RN, and the such. It is just a basic 2D Mortal Kombat play alike. *which it sort of is*

But I want to face some talented players not the losers next door, who can't even dodge my Ice bal moves in MK:T. *Even when they jump I somehow get them mid-air.

Anyway is there any chance of one in around Illinois, or Iowa? *Or do they have like a traveling thing going on?*

I'M IN ELIZABETH SO IT AINT THAT FAR.

AND

ERUPT wrote:

Why do you always CAPS? Plus it is just HP, LP, HK, LK, BLK, RN, and the such. It is just a basic 2D Mortal Kombat play alike. *which it sort of is*

But I want to face some talented players not the losers next door, who can't even dodge my Ice bal moves in MK:T. *Even when they jump I somehow get them mid-air.

Anyway is there any chance of one in around Illinois, or Iowa? *Or do they have like a traveling thing going on?*

I LIKE THE CAPS!!! :D

I WAS RECENTLY PLAYING MK:T BUT THE BASTARD KEEPS FREEZING UP ON ME SO I'M GIVIN' UP ON THEM OLDER GAMES.

ERUPT said:
I'M IN ELIZABETH SO IT AINT THAT FAR.

AND

ERUPT wrote:

I LIKE THE CAPS!!! :D

I WAS RECENTLY PLAYING MK:T BUT THE BASTARD KEEPS FREEZING UP ON ME SO I'M GIVIN' UP ON THEM OLDER GAMES.

Ah, I see.

Aabout the freezing. You have to play MK:T on a PS1 for it to stop. If you play it on a PS2 it has problems. I hope that helps you.

Also why are they in the big cities...

I can't get to Chicago because too big*if I find the place*, crime rate and such...

Why can't they bring these to a place where it is easy to get to. *Such as in the middle of a state?

Kona said:
I would go but I have no transportation there.

Same. If the tourny's keep going for another 1 1/2 years or so, I'll be sure to stop by. That is unless my mom decides we're going to NJ on the dates of the tourny ;)

Kosta said:
Kona said:
I would go but I have no transportation there.

Same. If the tourny's keep going for another 1 1/2 years or so, I'll be sure to stop by. That is unless my mom decides we're going to NJ on the dates of the tourny ;)

Yeah that could work, vacation in Jersey!