MK-7 Air Kombat Engine

Xbong420

I know this is somewhat self explanatory but I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks or if by chance have I overthought this topic a bit too much?...when I first read the article about the "air combat improved" and then later read that they are using the MK:Shaolin Monks engine behind the konquest mode the first thing I thought was uh oh :x is Midway incorporating that into the Zeus engine to make up for that "underwater" fighting feel that MK:Deception had and will it be a good thing? Are we basically getting MK:Deception fighting with a "FLOATY" MK:Shaolin Monks feeling and is this a good thing?

well i'd say there's nothing wrong with this idea. it's not something im particularly excited about, i thought the zues engine was just fine how it was. but if they're adding air kombat in the style of SM i can't really see how it would be a bad thing.

I don't think it would particularly ruin the game, although I would rather see things be a bit more limited than in MK:SM since you could do nearly limitless air combos in that game.

not a problem for me. It would bring out the excitment to people (maybe) but it's still a good. I usually get pissed for being stuck in a enemy's combo and when i jump and kick them but they'll just keep hitting me still. The air combos will surely stop enemies combos pretty much. Thats all i have to say.

i think the air kombat system would go fine, but i just hope it wouldnt remain in the air forever like Kung Lao's MKSM juggle combos. Thing is, i dont see the air combos running that long if Midway chooses to include Combo Breakers. GOD I HATE THEM!

I think it will be just like MK3/etc. Comboing in the air/starting from the air, returning the aerial combat instead of MK:DA, and MK:D's jump attacks suck. (seriously jumping in those two were good for mostly with the exception of Ermac's two special attacks) dodging out of the way, and ... Trying to start a combo. most of the time they were blocked and then wham you got hit in those two. (Jumping wasn't that far I sort of noticed.)

MK4 had a little bit farther and was easier to get a jump combo/pull one off. (although it still wasn't as pleasent as the others such as MK1, MK2, MK3/T/UMK3)

I hope this will make aerial combat great, an easy to use again.