Let's talk about Vince Young for a moment

whatashame

Now, I knew after he ran all over my hometown Wolverines in 04's Rose Bowl that this man was no joke. Blue had them beaten after a hard fought game, but Young literally walked them down the field with mere seconds left to set up the field goal that marked the Wolverine's second Rose Bowl loss in a row (the first coming from USC in 03'). Which then brings me to this point:

I was alrady rooting for Texas in this year's Rose Bowl, even tough I find Pete Carroll to be an outstanding coach and true role model. but, having the two teams meet each other in the National Championship game that had both taken out my Woverines in the previous two years gave me the rare opporunity to analyze both teams for what they were worth. My conclusion was that although I felt USC had a stronger team overall, so team had a player as talented or driven as Vince Young (sorry, Reggie Bush or Matt Leinart fans, but Young is the man, IMHO).

In the end, Young put up far greater stas against USC that he did the previous year against Michigan with over 250 yards passing and 200 yards rushing, and that was against the two time defending National Champs! To me, that spells all-time college greatness. Only time will tell if the NFL is as kind the young lad, though. Chances are, he'll go pro in his hometown of Houston and they will change his game and ruin him lieke the Lions did to Joey Harrington (if you remember, he was a college badass, too). I hope not.

The beauty in the end of that game for me (and for Young, I am sure) is that he lost the Heisman Trophy by a landslide to Bush, and look who literally single handedly toppled the prerenial great Trojans from a Three-peat. Good Job, Vince! Touche'!!!