National Champions

undertaker3x7

Texas wins National Championship, so much for USC being the best College team ever. Hook Em Horns.

Also Tyrone Prothro of Alabama wins play of the year. Great day for me.

Quite a game, I must say.

Ridiculous stats for Vince Young. Only in college will you see stuff like that.

Speaking of which I can understand how you get stats like that in college ball since there is absoultely no defense. Even when there is, it sucks. This is the first college game I watched all year (used to watching NFL) so I get sort of stunned by how sloppy the tackling and defense can be at times. I guess the same can be said about college basketball ... but I guess that's what makes college sports college sports and I guess these are a few reasons I tend to stick with watching the pros.

Thats not totally true, USC has a bad defense it was ranked 39th in the country, thats why defense looked bad. If you had watched the Alabama game you would have seen great defense. Alabama has the best defense in college football and held Texas Tech who averaged 42.1 points and 511 yards per game to only 10 points and 362 yards. The Texas/USC game was purely an offensive game and played like it.

Nah. Good defense or not in College football just doesn't compare to pro - as it shouldn't. I'm not bashing College, im just saying that after watching the NFL (which im used to) it hurts watching College ball as the overall football is just "sloppier". Same goes for college basketball. Not a knock on college sports, I just liked seeing professionals play because the game looks smoother and has less mistakes.

Im not saying any college team is gonna look as good as the pros, but there is a big difference between watching Alabamas defense which doesnt miss tackles and hardly gives up big plays and watching a crappy defense like USC has that couldnt even stop the crappiest teams this year and just won cuz they have a high powered offense.