iPods

Khaos

Alright, as if the name isn't sexy enough. Here's the time to discuss the best MP3 players around , Ipods!

I personally thought they were a bit over rated until this year, when I noticed that teachers started to not give a hoot and start telling students to just listen to there ipods in class rather than being obnoxious idiots.

Alright, so after a little bit of listening, and comparing prices. I thought , "eh, what the hell. I'll just buy one, I need my music in school". And wow, what a perfect way to spend 300 dollars on an item. I am so glad that I didn't become a stien and hold back, I personally suggest anyone who doesn't have an ipod. Starts puttin quarters in there piggy banks and start saving up for an ipod!

Anyone else have one of these little contraptions?

I have the Black 30 gig.

Unfortunatly, I don't have one. However, my cousin got one for Christmas, nice thing...its the Shuffle, I think. I got a look at it, and it was about the size of normal jump/flashdrive that you put in your USB port. His parents even got his name engraved on the side of it when they ordered it, which was pretty cool.

The only problem I have with it, though, is that they spent about 300 bucks on a 512 MB one....it really seems like a waste to only get that much.

Recently, I got a "free" mp3 player with an SD memory card for 50 bucks...surprise, its also a 512...

Also, to anyone interested, last year my sister got an iRiver, which is a bit different than an iPod, but still very nice. So, if you hear this name and wonder if its any good, trust me, it is. Better than an iPod, I'm not sure though, but still very good in its own respects.

Disappointed said:
Unfortunatly, I don't have one. However, my cousin got one for Christmas, nice thing...its the Shuffle, I think. I got a look at it, and it was about the size of normal jump/flashdrive that you put in your USB port. His parents even got his name engraved on the side of it when they ordered it, which was pretty cool.

The only problem I have with it, though, is that they spent about 300 bucks on a 512 MB one....it really seems like a waste to only get that much.

Recently, I got a "free" mp3 player with an SD memory card for 50 bucks...surprise, its also a 512...

Also, to anyone interested, last year my sister got an iRiver, which is a bit different than an iPod, but still very nice. So, if you hear this name and wonder if its any good, trust me, it is. Better than an iPod, I'm not sure though, but still very good in its own respects.

The shuffle is the biggest ripoff that apple could have thought of at the time.

And 300 bucks gets you a 30 gigabyte Ipod.... 400 gets you a 60 GB... I don't know why or where the hell they spent 300 on a 512 MB Ipod... That probibly holds less than 100 songs.

Heh, cool devices. Perfect birthday presents ;).

I don't want a IPOD, I've already got a CD Walkman. Soo.. For me, whats the point. But if I had money to blow, yeah I'd buy one.

Khaos said:
Disappointed said:

The shuffle is the biggest ripoff that apple could have thought of at the time.

And 300 bucks gets you a 30 gigabyte Ipod.... 400 gets you a 60 GB... I don't know why or where the hell they spent 300 on a 512 MB Ipod... That probibly holds less than 100 songs.

Heh, cool devices. Perfect birthday presents ;).

Yeah...I really don't want to sound like a dick, but they're..well...very computer-illiterate. They don't know much about them (computers), and just have a hard time overall understanding anything technology-related.

They even had me come over to help set up iTunes. You know, that program you insert the cd to install 8)

Disappointed said:

My shuffle was about 120$ =P 512 MB as well

I'm waiting for Flash Memory cards to get a big boost into the 10 GB range.
then I'll think about getting an MP3 player (probably not an iPod).
right now I'm ok with the burn-n-go method for my MP3s along with my CD player.

at least I didnt get ripped off like you guys I bought a Creative Zen Micro which holds 5 gigs for about 150 with a 75 % discount which is about 90-100 dollars but the kickass thing is that I switched the memory card, yeah I know it voids the warranty but who cares, from 5 gigs to 100 gigs bay adding in 2, 50 gig memory cards so yeah good thing I have friends who know a lot about memory cards, btw I have used about 40 gigs of memory and that only my boughten cds I still have my burnt cds to go

does the creative zen hold more than the ipod? well i personally think ipods rule. the shitty thing is that the battery sucks, it says ten hours battery life but it only lasts for an hour, 2 hours max. but yeah ipodss rule.

Khaos, I just corrected the title of this thread to "iPods" because that is how it is spelled. Sorry it was just realy bothering me.

Now on topic. I love my iPod. 40 gig one from like 2002 old school. I have about 2000 songs on it so its all good. But yea, they kick ass.

im_a_loner_dottie_a_rebel said:
does the creative zen hold more than the ipod? well i personally think ipods rule. the shitty thing is that the battery sucks, it says ten hours battery life but it only lasts for an hour, 2 hours max. but yeah ipodss rule.

I know my mp3 player lasts for about 10-12 hours if that answers your question

I don't need one of those things, becfause I have an MP3 player, and I don't want to pay a dollar for a song, when all I do is transfer my CDs onto it.

I heard that iPODS break easily. *shrug*

I have an MP3 player that holds 30 hours of music (or 1000 songs). Meh ,I'm pretty happy with that.

I got an iPod Nano for Christmas and I love it.

I heard something about the battery dying altogether after a few months though. Anyone know what that's about?

Was going to make a new thread called "Post your MP3 players" but I figure this one is just the same.
I don't have an iPod but I do have this bad boy I got 2 years ago:
5Kd5He5J13Gb3I43N7c14dbabb52c61fd12f1.jpg

Except this is the 8 gig model and mine is the 14 gig, slight difference in the product itself and the screen images.
Holds hours and hours and hours of music, and I only have 500 mbs free.
I use it daily, and the battery life is great. It was only $100, too.

oh my good ol' ipod.

You made everything better back when I didnt have a car and had to walk everywhere.
20 minute walk everyday to get home for almost 3 years back in high school. Sometimes I miss that.

My first MP3 player was a Creative Zen Touch.
creativezen.gif

That thing weight like 3 pounds but I could throw it off a building and it still wouldn't break. I miss that thing. The screen finally cracked after 3 years of abuse. I now have a iPod Touch 32GB. It's alright I guess. I've never been to big on Apple products to be completely honest. But I think my iPod holds more music than the Zen Touch did so I'm happy about that.