entry14
smokeyfake1lx.png

entry15
specterfake0iw.png

entry16
vega3xr.png

Voting runs until Wednesday the 7th.

Ok... here we go....

Entry #1: I like this one until you see the random body parts on the floor. Then you see that there's no shadows. and half the body is bones. How did Lao remove all the skin? I like him holding the intestines, but the enlogated spine is kind of much.

Entry #2: This one makes no sense to me at all. Why are the hell hands coming out. Are they there to feel up Baraka? Do they want some Tarkatan Booty? I think not. And how is Baraka still up when His spine is ripped out? Not one of my favorites...

Entry #3: This one is good. The lack-luster fatality is more than made up for by the bg. It is very nice and the snow looks brilliant. One of my favorites. Only thing is no life bars. That, I think, subtracts from the fake.

Entry #4: This one I like. The face is ripped awesomely, and the blood effect is pretty damn near perfect. Only thing, why is Lao clutching his stomach when his face is missing? I think he'd be more than distracted from his stomach ache by the sering pain going threw his head. Also, this one has a nice BG.

Entry #5: This one is on par with #2. Why is Scorpions feet frozen, what happened to scorp thats so bad it kills him (to me the cut doesn't look that bad). I like, though, how you pulled an axe from the bg as a weapon. Good concept, lack-luster performance.

Entry #6: Hoo boy, this is a doozy. Whats with the life bars for one thing? and why is the whole thing shrunken down? I like how you Palette swapped Subby's with Smoke's , but after that it rools the rest of the way down hill. I looks like a seashell is getting shot at Robo-Smoke. And thats another thing, why is Human Smoke fighting Robo-Smoke? Not to mention the white on the side of the fake.

Entry #7: This one is pretty good aswell. I like the BG, but how is that rikety floor holding up Kintaro ;). The fire effect on Lui isn't the best, way too photoshopped. It barely looks like fire. And Kintaro is basically cut and pasted into this.

Entry #8: What's up with this one? Though I like how you took the time to change Nightwolf's color to orange, isn't Lone Fox a little too corny compared to Nightwolf? I like the stump effect on Mileena's arm , but the arms flying away look way out of shape. But there's shadows. I like shadows :D.

Entry #9: We've seen this one, theres not much to say that hasn't been said about it.

Entry #10: Ahh, heres a nice one. The BG is purely amazing, The sprites look too good to be in a game, and the cut looks absolutely vicios. I love the entrails spilling out. Just one question: Whats hanging off of Baraka's blade? Is it a hunk of flesh, or an organ? This in no way subtracts from the fake, just my own curiosity getting the better of me. This is one of the better fakes.

Entry #11: This one I really like. I love how Shang's face is popping in threw the window, I love the chocking effect on Jhonny's face, I love the way its done. My only gripe: that the fatality sign is way too far down. Its practically on Scorp's head! If that wasn't that low, this fake would be damn near perfect.

Entry #12: This one looks damn cool, until it gets to the glasses. They just look too out of place. other than that, this is damn near flawless. Brilliant shadows, awesome BG, and a killer edit of Scorpion's costume. This is a higher caliber fake aswell.

Entry #13: Nothings going on here. Thats all there is to say.

Entry #14: This one would probably be my favorite, except for one little thing. I'm a stickler for lifebars, and I really don't like the text in yours. Plus Kabal's name gets the l cut off. This one, though, I still really like.

Entry #15: This one is pretty cool, until you get to the entry wound. It looks like Baraka is behind, not through him. The intestines, aswell, are going the wrong way, unless baraka is going backwards. I see shadows, but I also see shadows flying out over thin air. This one is one of the ok's.

Entry #16: This one really makes me laugh. I love how you did the fatality but when I look at Jax, I really crack up. He's a frigging cue ball, man! Cyrax took a little too much off the top, there ;). The BG, though, Is really good, and the fake itself is cool.

Now, for my vote, between 10 and 11, which I both like immensely, goes to 10. If it hadn't been for the Fatality being too low, 11 would have had my vote. 10 is a 10/10, 11 a 9.9/10. Both were amazing.

So yay for #10, it gets my vote.

:? Man this one is harder.

For me, entries 10, 12, 14 and 16 I like.

Entry 10 is properly the best though. Someone LOOKS like they put an aweful lot of work into it. Though looks can be decieving I might add. We'll see.

Hopefully no one will screw this contest up by doing the dumb thing of voting for themselves in disguise.

I'm voting for sixteen. Although ten is superbly done, I think that the little rope things at the bottom of Liu Kang's stomach is a real throw off.

I really like the background in sixteen. It's very MK-authentic.

Entry 10 gets my vote. Looks like it would actually be done in the MK world and looks good too.

oops!!! i sent in the wrong one!!! :oops: ah well. its the same basic thing i just uploded the original instead of the fieshed with the stuff.
but lets see here...... hurm... #1-5-8........6
i vote fo oops!! i just voted for the wrong one!!!! 7

7 get smah vote

1. A messy copy and paste job. Wrong fonts with the life bars, wrong Fatality text... 3/10

2. Same as above. But this one I'm not sure to understand what it is really going on. 3/10

3. Decent backgroung, Vicious fatality though but Milleena's body shouldn't bend like that imo. 5/10

4. This one is pretty good and very brutal. Good thing to edit your own blood, props to that but it lacks a little more color imo. Everything is there. Nice BG aswell. Good Job there. 7/10

5. Subzero's right arm is weird. I think you erased some part of the hand.
It's a better fake than 1 & 2 but keep trying. 4/10

6.There is a geometry problem on the lifebars lol. I figured out it was smoke VS Cybersmoke. Why did you use the Motion movement filter (if I remember well it's name) for C-Smoke? There is nothing really atractive on this one. No offence. 3/10

7. If the fire effects on this one were a lot better, it would have raised above some other fakes in this contest. It's not bad though. 6/10

8. I think I would have prefered if you have left the pants alone. Brown would have being a better choice instead of orange. I think there should be a lot more blood. Mileena Shadow's seams wrong. 6/10

9. Just an advice, if you are going to use MK3 sprites, use the MK3 font and the MK3 lifebars. It's an ok fake. I don't know waht else I can say about it. 4/10

10. Now we are talking, this fake is just so sharp and detailed. It's almost watching a fake in HD. The shading on the clothing is superb, Love the little touches you insert on the outfits. I love the reflections on the ground. I know you probably didn't want to ruin liu's pants but normally he should be spilled with blood all over.
The background his great aswell. Good job there 9/10.

11. Pretty cool but,..yes there is a but. Scorpion sprite is good, the fatality is original but what's up with cage sprites??? The head is pinkish compare to rest of the body and the legs are just horrible. Cage is missing his right feet. It's a real shame because of a single bad edit, it killed the whole picture. Nice touch on Shangs appearence and the fatality text is way too low. 7/10

13. Nice Backgroung but there are somethings that seams to be floating,....there is nothing much to say imo. 4/10

14. This fatality is overdone. I've seen it too many times. 5/10

15. This fatality is pretty cool. It's a shame it is just an average copy and paste job. 5/10

16. This is actually pretty cool and brutal. Everthing is in place and where it belongs, shadows, lifebars,..Not bad at all. 7.5/10

My vote goes to Nº 10

the standard has risen from the last comp,and alot harder to choose.there's alot of realy nice backgrounds to.

i vote for fake number 11

I was pretty split between 4 and 10 last night but in the end I decided to vote for 10.

it's just so clean,and HE ACTUALLY ADDED REFLECTIONS!

I don't like the way the ribs look so much but it's done well enough.
the blood is flawless.
background isn't that great in my opinion and the lightning seems a bit thick though.but overall I'd say it's one of the best fakes I've seen in a while.