Deception storyline

Was deceptions non-main stories good enough?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some were, some weren't

• No different from the usual stuff

• Total voters

Angel

I know Deception has a great storyline as far as Shujinko and the dragon king goes... But my crib... Is it feels like everyone else has a rather small storyline compaired to those two.

It feels like they put all their effects into this one storyline, the main one and slapped together very quickly everyone else's just so they could be there. Too many of the characters stories feel like they are unsure where they are taking the characters and are put in as 'feelers' for fans to debate and decide or something.

I dunno... Just Deadly Alliances stories felt more built up... I don't know why.

So how does everyone feel this or am I the only one? :?

As the poll vote says, I felt that some fighters stories were built fine, like all the past characters that made a name for themselves. The one problem was the new ones didn't feel like they had enough depth in their stories to make them a true character. But that's just my opinion.

I'm saying no.

My reason is, the older MK's all had what if scenarios for that character winning the whole tournament. Now, a lot of stories coincide and seem to allude to one side of the fight winning (good vs. bad) instead of one individual.

I want the stories that were simple and didn't have to make sense, because the next game made all but one ending moot.

All hail, King Baraka!

I thought all the other storylines were good enough, I didn't think any were that bad. I mean come on, they could've been alot worse.

kold_as_ice92 said:
For example, I still feel Ermac's ending left much to be desired.

Really? I thought Ermac's ending was good, it completed his transition from evil to good, and set the stage for the next game.

Sure it left a lot to the imagination, but at least it gave us something to think about.

Disappointed said:
kold_as_ice92 said:
For example, I still feel Ermac's ending left much to be desired.

Really? I thought Ermac's ending was good, it completed his transition from evil to good, and set the stage for the next game.

Sure it left a lot to the imagination, but at least it gave us something to think about.

i agree i meen what if ermac turns good and maybe he allies with another hero to save each other's lives.

Kenshi.

And he did, in his ending, free the others from Onaga's mind control thingy.

I actually preferred him evil... But hey, with Scorps around who cares about everyone else.

the one thing that i do not understand is why the dragon king is evil?wasn`t outworld a secure place to liv ein before kahn took it away from dragon king?

Onaga is evil because while he brings order, he doesn't allow freedom. He has a army that cannot be destroyed, so he has no fear of ever loosing. He can control people. Because he enslaves people and brings strickly cruel rules upon you.

You submit to him because you can't fight back without fear of dying and properly joining his army. And if he did spare you, you face slavery (sometimes considered a fate worst then death). Plus he wanted to conquer the universe and control everything... No Gods, no nothing, just him and him alone.

Kahn was evil too for the same reasons. Except he brought choas instead of order and he was a true brutal dictator. People hated him because he took souls and pleasure from killing people.

I think you can definately tell which storylines didn't recieve any actual thought. Jade's ending sucked hard!
I did like Kira's, which was a good thing. I think it makes sense for some of the new charactors to have weaker endings because they haven't the epic build up like Sub, Scorp, even Ermac and some of the others from the newer games. Li Mei had great build up, I thought, for being in her second game.

Just my opinion

I got to say most of the storylines were spot on but anything involving Dairou, Darrius and Hotaru...I mean who cares. Kira's was nice though kicking the **** out of that little upstart showpony Kobra. my favourite ending would have to be either Bo' Rai Cho, Li Mei or Raiden. Raiden is a total badass when you get him angry.