MK10

Shellshade

I think in MK10 they should start a MK that takes years later and with New Characters that have to enter the MK tournament. what do you think.

I agree. we could send in character submissions to see if our character is selected. We would decied the weapons,stances,etc.that would be awsome!! :D

We could also make levels,stage fatalities, and foodalities!! Yum!!

*Throughs a stake at the opponenet.*

Okay, so what about MK 7, 8 and 9?

Honestly, if they did a Mortal Kombat with nothing but new characters, they'd lose a lot of fans. You just can't have an MK game without Scorpion, Sub-Zero and the others. Besides, the most of the new characters they've come up with since MK4 have been awful anyway.

I wouldn't say awful, they've been pretty good, its just we've responded to them badly. But then again, when they introduced the new characters back in MK2, it was a case of 'how do you top this lot now?'. The main prob since MK4 is most of the new characters have just been remakes of old and the ones that aren't we don't appricate enough.

Well, I think they've been awful, anyway. There's been a couple decent new characters, but I honestly wouldn't mind if they tossed 'em all away right now.

I would like them to go onto MK10 and beyond. But I think by the time MK10 comes along they should be using mostly new characters. Some of the older ones should remain, or be replaced with younger prologues/descendants.

Okay i want you guys to make a list of the characters from the old MK that should be in this. (Please dont put all, only put a couple.)
Mine would be:
Scorpion
Subzero
Shoa Kahn
Baraka
Shang Tsung
Reptile
and all the charcters that work for Shoa Kahn that arn't dead.

I'm sorry but i have to say the new MK4 characters were great, i love (and still do) Reiko. He is the best new-comer in MK today. I'm really disappointed he never made it into Deception (Not as a cameo)

-Raiden
-kitana
-Liu Kang
-Sub-Zero (but not the ones we know and love)
-Scorpion
-Reptile (or another from his race)

I think by MK10 Most of the others would either be too old to fight or dead.

Scorpion, Liu Kang, Sub Zero and Rayden will always be in MK. Some of the other chrarcters (f.e. Cage, Sonya, Kung Lao) will appear as spirits, immortals or something like it.

Masta-Dante said:
I'm sorry but i have to say the new MK4 characters were great, i love (and still do) Reiko. He is the best new-comer in MK today. I'm really disappointed he never made it into Deception (Not as a cameo)

You and many others may like him, but the MK team don't.

Main 4 or 3 Characters they will Keep
Raiden
Liu Kang
Scorpion
SubZero

Maybe Noob
Maybe Kung Lao
Then they should puut
Rain,
Ermac,
Kenshi

& i dont kno any 1 else

Honestly, if they did a Mortal Kombat with nothing but new characters, they'd lose a lot of fans. You just can't have an MK game without Scorpion, Sub-Zero and the others. Besides, the most of the new characters they've come up with since MK4 have been awful anyway.
You are right about this if all the MK characters were erased from history than alot of fans would just turn away from Mortal Kombat, like me. MK is just not MK without Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Noob Saibot, Raiden, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Shao Kahn and many others.

Whoever thinks Reiko sucks, will you suck because Reiko is an amazing character in MK4, and he's what kept it alive. He probably didn't have the greatest storyline but he had wicked special abilities and many people liked him because he looked like Robin, lol and thats awesome.

Personally, I think only the following characters will stick around until MK10 (If there even is a ten):

-Kitana
-Scorpion
-Sub-Zero
-Baraka
-Shinnok

Thats about it in my opinion.