Vs. Mode

ebm62980

I know it was meant as a bonus but this is one of the best bonus's (afterthoughts?) in an MK game.

I only wish they had this kind of system before Deception came out, then there wouldn't be that terrible breaker system (the only major flaw in Deception).

Hopefully the next installment of MK will use some of the mechanics from the vs. mode of Shaolin Monks like having limited special attacks (spear, ice blast, hat throw, bicycle kick, etc...) through the use of an energy bar. And the blocking system would be perfect if they stick with SM's, where you lose energy whenever you block.

I just really hope there isnt a breaker system or any "get out of jail free card" system in the next MK.

That would be GAY, I dont wanna play an MK fighting game where your specials are limited and you have to use "energy" to block. Although I have no problem with getting rid of the breaker crap.

I understand your issue with the combo breakers in MKD and of course, in MKSm they are not present. It is good in one way but, you really need a way to break a combo. Remember MK3. You get juggled in the air, you can do nothing but take the juggled hits until you fall to the ground. Having combo breakers makes the fighting instense and not as easy to get your butt kicked.

I seriously disagree with the limited specials...that's not fun at all and the one thing i hate about MK:SM Versus mode. However I wholeheartedly agree with having an energy bar for blocking as that would be great.

Your specials aren't limited. The blue bar takes longer to regen but you can break boxes to get blue items to refill it quicker.

Hydro said:
Your specials aren't limited. The blue bar takes longer to regen but you can break boxes to get blue items to refill it quicker.

well...limited as in you cant spam them. In deception sometimes I could just use Nightwolfs charge over and over to take down my friend. The energy bar would prevent spamable attacks. Im not really big on the breable boxes with goodies in them either. If they didnt respawn it would be better.

Well true but the vs mode was meant for you to keep running around and doing a number on the other guy. It wasn't designed to mirror MK reg fighter games.