Anything New in Deception?

ebm62980

I havent played Deception in a while. It was a good game and I unlocked what I felt was everything and it lasted me a long time, but I eventually sold it back and also the xbox that I played it on died so I dont have the save anymore.

Anyways I was wondering if there were any new discoveries since I quit playing almost a year ago (I think).

-Has anyone ever found out how to reenter the first part of konquest where the temple where only monks were allowed is?
-Anything else on KOCHAL?
-Since Shaolin Monks is out now does having a saved game of that unlock anything in Deception (kinda like what DOA3 did with DOA:Ultimate)?
-Any more of Shao Khan and Goro or are they just exclusive to the gamecube version?
-Have there been anymore unlockable characters other than those on the select screen?

Dont know if any of this would make me buy the game again and start all over to check it out but I was just curious. Any answers are greatly appreciated.

ebm62980 said:
-Has anyone ever found out how to reenter the first part of konquest where the temple where only monks were allowed is?

Nope.

ebm62980 said:
-Anything else on KOCHAL?

Nope. The general consensus was that it just stood for "koin challenge".

ebm62980 said:
-Since Shaolin Monks is out now does having a saved game of that unlock anything in Deception (kinda like what DOA3 did with DOA:Ultimate)?

That wouldn't make any sense. Someting like that could happen the other way around, but it doesn't. I can't say for sure I suppose, but my answer would still be "nope".

ebm62980 said:
-Any more of Shao Khan and Goro or are they just exclusive to the gamecube version?

They're exclusive to the GameCube version, although I believe they'll be in the PSP version.

ebm62980 said:
-Have there been anymore unlockable characters other than those on the select screen?

Nope.

There's just nothing left to find in the game that we didn't find nearly a year ago.

ebm62980 said:

That wouldn't make any sense. Someting like that could happen the other way around, but it doesn't. I can't say for sure I suppose, but my answer would still be "nope".

I think i remeber Boon saying that people would still be finding stuff to unlock even a year after release in Deception. Im sure they knew about Shaolin Monks even during Deception's evelopment. So I would think it would be possible for more content from Shaolin Monks, but not likely. It just seems like there has to be more to that monk Temple in the begginging of Konquest. It's kinda big to just leave hanging. As are a few other things in Konquest.

ebm62980 said:
I think i remeber Boon saying that people would still be finding stuff to unlock even a year after release in Deception.

I don't think he said a year, but he did say that he thought people would be unlocking stuff for months, and then of course he was surprised when a ton of people found everything in less than a week. He just thought we wouldn't find things as quickly as we did.

Sorry, but you're just going to have to accept that there's nothing left in Deception.

Sure, Ryknow... that's what they said about MKDA...

I was still finding new stuff on that one when this site went down last time....

Well, not everyone has an Intellivision, a 32X and a Jaguar so they can unlock those super-duper-uber unlockable items.

guitarguy1181 said:
I think a lot of people have a hard time accepting that there is nothing else in deception.

They leave too much stuff just hanging to not have it mean anything. Plus konquest mode is setup perfectly for finding superunlockables, with the time/date thing among other things. Including hard to unlock characters/items is what MK is known for.

Hopefully we can find out more on this upcoming MKSM fight Night chat over at Mortal Kombat Online, if they dont end up screwing around for most of the time.

The only reason why we are trained to think there is more in older MK games to unlock than what we already have unlocked is because The MK team loves to play on rumors. They could just make crap up just so people can spawn odd ball rumors like Super Unlockables and what not. They just won't admit the fact that they can't bury secrets that deep to keep players wanting to find them. I know they said MKD on the PSP will have some extras not seen on the home consoles.