More game-to-movie goodness: Dead or Alive.

Ethix

Ooh my, God! This movie looks as bad, if not worse, than the Bloodrayne flick did. I'm not doubting the fighting will be mediocre, at best, (the director is apparently pretty good at fighting scenes) but the story is what I'm worrying about the most. I mean, look at the casting! They look A.) nothing like their game counterparts and B.) they even got some ethnicities wrong, I mean come on!

http://imdb.com/title/tt0398913/

If you have any more info on this, put it here.

most of it looks fine to me, only a couple are wrong, which is stupid, and who the hell in real life looks like any of the characters? Anyway, Devon Aoki is fine and should be great as katsumi.

undertaker3x7 said:
most of it looks fine to me, only a couple are wrong, which is stupid, and who the hell in real life looks like any of the characters? Anyway, Devon Aoki is fine and should be great as katsumi.
You'd be surprised, check the IMDB boards, they posted some that look dead on as Kasumi.

Well you know like all comic/game to movie translations never really ever follow the same stroyline as it's foundation in a movie format. They always want to do something different to be unexpected. Yes it is lame but, ya know you will want to see it anyway at some point just to see how great or lame it is.

Kasumi seems like a good cast job. I just watched Sin City last night and Devon Akoi was pretty good in her role - although she didn't speak.

But Jamie Pressly as Tina Armstrong!??! What the hell is that about? Jamie is a good looking girl but she is about as far from Tina Armstrong as you get. She has a nice butt - not a nice rack. Tina has the largest chest of that group. Plus, Tina is pretty buff for a female and Jamie is rather petite.

I also got a good laugh from Bass being played by Kevin Nash. Haha. Nash is terrible in any role he plays. Period. Even Super Shredder.

Hahahaha. Kevin Nash? Seriously, is this like a parody or a comedy? I hope it is, this looks halarious. In a bad way.

They have Tina Armstrong and Kasumi and stuff. Where is the Japanese guy? The guy who has the bouncer costume in DoA3. Oh god, I can't remember his name.

I can already give it a -2/10.

Prophet said:
Hahahaha. Kevin Nash? Seriously, is this like a parody or a comedy? I hope it is, this looks halarious. In a bad way.

They have Tina Armstrong and Kasumi and stuff. Where is the Japanese guy? The guy who has the bouncer costume in DoA3. Oh god, I can't remember his name.

I can already give it a -2/10.
Jann Lee? He was Chinese if I recall correctly. He isn't in the film, at least he isn't credited on the page I linked. What's worse one of my favorite DOA characters isn't in the film either, why no Lei Fang?! Or Hitomi for that matter. Why are they getting rid of these characters?

Some production pics.

Devon Aoki as Kasumi:
U1343P28T3D750873F326DT20050613164008.jpg

Holly Valance as Christie:
U1343P28T3D750873F328DT20050613164008.jpg

I didnt see Kevin Nash was Bass, that is a terrible cast, Hogan would be better than Nash, cuz at least he and Bass have similar facial features. It does suck is Lei Fang and Hitomi arent in it, but I kinda understand it, at least with Hitomi since she was added to the series till DOA 3. And although Jaime Pressly isnt built like Tina, who the hell is, Chyna? I dont think there are any female actresses built like that and as hot as Jaime Pressly. The cast I really dont agree with is Natassia Malthe as Ayane, even though Malthe is fine, shes not exactly Japanese nor look a thing like Ayane. Ive been waiting for this movie since it started filming several months ago. And I must say its quite idiotic and small minded to try and rate a movie when it hasnt even finished filming.

If they really want this movie to stay true to form then they are gonna have to do one thing:

That is get the CGI guys to do some major touch up "Breast" work on all the females after filming is done. Then we would be in business.

I saw that screenshot of Kasumi above and it looked good ... but it was missing one thing and that was the extremely large breasts. Just doesn't seem like DOA without such things, does it?

Luckily, the crew won't have to touch up Kevin Nash at all. Bass is fat. Nash is fat. That's about the only thing they have in common. If it were casting for stomach size alone, Nash would be a good choice. Otherwise, Hogan is the man as (like Undertaker said) simply because Bass was based off the guy.

El Chupacabra said:
That is get the CGI guys to do some major touch up "Breast" work on all the females after filming is done. Then we would be in business.

They should hire the ones that did "A dirty shame" to do that lol!

MaxDam said:
El Chupacabra said:

They should hire the ones that did "A dirty shame" to do that lol!

I thought she was wearing fake tits on that, and not cgi work.