MK2 on the Amiga

Images from Amiga
Those look strange!

Why do they look strange?

Before the playstation was released, MK2 on the Amiga was my favourite version of MK. The only downside for me was that you had to use a joystick instead of a control pad. Fair enough, the joystick was great in the arcade but when it came to home conversions I preffered a control pad. Me and my friends soon realised that the port for connecting joysticks to the Amiga was the same as the port for the MegaDrive(Genesis) pad so we connected our Mega Drive pads to the Amiga.

In case anyones interested, heres some pictures of the Amiga and MK2.

P8110017.jpg

P8110016.jpg

P8110018.jpg

Sorry about that i didn't realise how big they are. If anyone wants me to resize them PM me.

Wow I never even knew MK2 came out on the Amiga.... is there anyway you could post some in game pics, I would be really interested in seeing those.

Thanks

Yeah id easily post in game pics but the only way I have of doing this is to use a digital camera and take photos of the TV. If you know any other ways of gettin in game shots please tell me and ill get them/

Im not of sure of how else you would be able to do it, digi cam pics of the tv would be fine....

u might want to make them a little smaller tho..

Thanks

OK no problem. Ill try to do them in the next day or two. As you can see in the picture the Amiga is not set up and the cables are boxed away somewhere so ill find them then get your pictures up for you.

I can't remember but '15' or '18' seems to be clawing at my mind. It was rated one of those.

I know MK triolgy was rated 18 here in the UK cause I remember begging my father to get it and he wouldn't cause of the rating. I'm guessing MK1 and MK2 were the same.

MK2 was 17 and up (the same as "Mature")-- at least that's how it was on the Genesis and the various 32-bit versions. The Nintendo rating might've been a little weird since they pretty much had to create a rating system just for that game, but the one Sega used had been in place for quite a while before that. In fact, the only MK game I know of that wasn't 17 and up was the Sega versions of MK1, which were 13 and up (excluding the Sega CD version), since you needed a code to put the blood in.

Of course, these are the ratings for the US versions.

anything in game, i would like like to see the graphics in action, may a shot of sub-zeros fatality.... but anything u can do would be fine.

thanks

Here is an auction for one on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/MORTAL-KOMBAT-II-for-Amiga_W0QQitemZ8203783139QQcategoryZ3545QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]