Which system?

KidInTheHall

Hi guys, just joined here and had a question. I have a PS2, GC and an X-Box but I was wondering which version of MK Deception do you feel is the best. I'd really like to get it but I'm stuck on whether to get the PS2 and X-Box edition because of the bonus disc or get the GC version for Shao Kahn and Goro? Online play isn't a big deal for me and I have a Nyko Playcube so I can use my PS2 controller on my GC. Can you guys help make up my mind? Thanks for any help.

well, i love being shao and goro(mostly goro) so i say gc, but i have a slightly biased oppinion, only owning gamecube...

I try not to be biased, but I'm going to have to go with the GC too. Even though I don't like Goro or Shao Kahn, I still like them better than online play (go figure).

Well, what do you want more, the arcade version of MK1 or the ability to play as Goro and Kahn? I'd say go with the GC version, regardless of the fact that I don't like Nintendo and don't own a Gamecube.

It depends on if you have online or not. If you don't I'd go with Gamecube, because Midway put Shao and Goro in it to make up for no online. But if you don't have online, it's like it doesn't even matter, and HEY! 2 MORE CHARACTERS! If you do, STILL GO WITH GAMECUBE, CUZ MK:D ONLINE IS FULL OF CHEATERS! YAY!

I would say Xbox, only because I don't really have friends. So I always play online games instead of two player games... If I had more friends, probably GC.

X-box: X-box live + Sharper graphics
PS2: Best gameplay imo because of the controller + Online play.
GC: I personally hate playing Fighting games on the GC but you have Goro and Shao Kahn.

there you are! Choose lol

i had it on the PS2 and i got rid of it for the GC version. the controls are a lot better on the PS2, but i also can use my PS2 pad on the cube, and apart from the shoulder buttons being a bit unresponsive it works fine. I'd say go with GC

Dude, what's with you guys and the Gamecube controller? I like it a whole lot more than the x-box, and even the ps2.

Maybe its just 'cause I'm used to it...then again, maybe the rest of you just aren't good enough to use it right ;)

Disappointed said:
Dude, what's with you guys and the Gamecube controller? I like it a whole lot more than the x-box, and even the ps2.

Maybe its just 'cause I'm used to it...then again, maybe the rest of you just aren't good enough to use it right ;)

Amen to that!

Disappointed said:
Dude, what's with you guys and the Gamecube controller?

It frickin' WEIRD. I'm not down with controllers that have different sized buttons and look they they were designed and layed out by a wino. It does all come down to what you're used to, though. Personally, I prefer the Xbox controller (the S one, not the original one) over the other two, but guess which system I play the most...

Well, with the button set-up the way it is, I like the different sized buttons, because they help me to distinguish what button I'm about to press. Then again, I've had the thing for a year or so, so if I haven't learned what button is where by now, normally I would be shot.

Well, usually when you have a system for that long you memorize where the buttons are, but I myself like the PS2 version because of the controller and online play.

Yeah, I meant when I first got it, they helped me memorize what button was what.

I still like the Gamecube the best of all the systems. I never could get a real feeling for the Xbox version (Mostly because of the Andre the Giant-sized controllers), and I don't think I ever tried the PS2 version of MKD.

I always liked using the Xbox Controller. Not the S, the original huge one. I liked the feeling of a huge controller in my hands, at my control. Something about it I love. I'm used to the XBOX and GC controller. I don't see anything wrong with the GC controller. It's easy to tell apart the buttons because of the colors. Theres nothing wrong with the GC controller, or the big XBOX controller.

I always liked using the Xbox Controller. Not the S, the original huge one. I liked the feeling of a huge controller in my hands, at my control. Something about it I love. I'm used to the XBOX and GC controller. I don't see anything wrong with the GC controller. It's easy to tell apart the buttons because of the colors. Theres nothing wrong with the GC controller, or the big XBOX controller.

i do like the cube controller, just not for beat em ups. the D-pad is too small, and i just cant use the stick at all for fighting games. also i find it takes too long to press the shoulder buttons properly. for games like sonic, zelda, smash bros and animal crossing it works perfect tho