Martial Arts Thread

jeroldo

Martial Arts

Does anyone here actually do any martial arts?

i do shorin ryu ((one of kobra's stances)it is a form of karate) and we also do weapon training there and i know how to use nunchaku, sai, staff, tonfa, sword, knives and also the paddle.

I am a blue belt (soon to be purple) which is in the senior ranks and in August this year i will be travelling to japan to train there with the highest ranking karate official in the world!

If you do do a martial art post which one and some comments eg. what belt you are and what you like about it.

Or post questions for myself or others to answer on this topic.

Well I do my custom fighting style "Shado".. and I'm learning Hapkido. My girlfriend knows Tae Kwon Do, so she's teaching me that as well.

I've studied Booie Bijutsu (a cross between Jujitsu and WuShu). I know up to Black Belt, but I've only tested through Orange (2nd belt rank). Interesting thing about this style, is that one belt rank equals around 3-4 belt ranks in other styles.

Belts are as follows (beginner to advanced)
White
Yellow
Orange
Green
Blue
Brown
Black

I know forms of mortal kombat martial arts they use.

i know tae kwan do and some otehr crap like karate...dumb classes.

hey did u hear bout teh new style?

look-and-learn

you do konquest on DA or D and look and learn the styles of MK characters!

i love this style....

i really know Jun Fan. and im telling the truth. im not lieing......oh yeah did i mension i am asian? yup. i am.......but i want to learn Liu Kang's special attacks. i want to know flying bicycle kick.

well anyone can leanr that mr. buddy boy....

and as for learning his specials...i cant do any of them like flying kick and bicycle kick but its possible to learn them

and who cares if ur asian? no offence

Kona said:
well anyone can leanr that mr. buddy boy....

and as for learning his specials...i cant do any of them like flying kick and bicycle kick but its possible to learn them

and who cares if ur asian? no offence

i do them (try that is...) while jumping in pools.

Its great fun.

Ah...pool fun...things that can describe it: :twisted: 8) :shock: :D :roll: :!:

yup that covers it....i do mk moves in pools...it is fun...dont you love it doing flying kick off the diving board?

WARNIGNG: Never ever ever try to do a raiden's torpedo dive of diving board.....extreme! pain on your stomach......

Kona said:
Ah...pool fun...things that can describe it: :twisted: 8) :shock: :D :roll: :!:

yup that covers it....i do mk moves in pools...it is fun...dont you love it doing flying kick off the diving board?

WARNIGNG: Never ever ever try to do a raiden's torpedo dive of diving board.....extreme! pain on your stomach......

Hehe..I used to do Moonsaults off my friend's diving board...you're right. hurts like hell.

Back to topic, I take what I've learned from MK and apply it when I'm sparring with my friend Josh. Basically, some of the common strikes from most of the styles...Pi Gua is my favorite to do, though. :D 8)

I've been involved with Tae Kwon Do since I was 5 and got my blackbelt when I was 12. After that I pretty much stopped doing it after that, though.

When I was there, the belts were as follows:
1. White
2. Orange
3. Green
4. Purple
5. Blue
6. Blue-Black
7. Brown
8. Red
9. Red-Black
10. Black

I came back after a year or so and they added a Yellow-Black belt in between White and Orange for the young ones who "failed" their Orange belt test, and a Orange-Black belt for the young ones who "failed" their Orange belt test a second time.

The old belts that were a color and then black were not for the ones who failed, it was just another belt up the ladder. I never failed a test, but if you did, you just didn't get a new ranking belt. I'm guessing the reason they put the new belts in was to spare the younger students humiliation from not getting a belt; but if you as me, I would be pretty humiliated anyway of I had to wear one of those.

Do any of you guys take martial arts? Right now I am taking Northern Shaolin and my brother takes Tai Chi Chen style and Northern Shaolin.

I really want to join White Crane because you learn almost all the chinese weapons. :D

an old girlfriend of mine took TKD, so I sat in on her belt-advancement thingies, and picked some stuff up. I'm more of the person that never got any formal training, but luckily doesn't get in enough fistfights to need it :)