Who had the best career?

Who has had the best career in wrestling?

• Stone Cold Steve Austin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hulk Hogan

• Shawn Michaels

• The Undertaker

• Ric Flair

• Other

• Total voters

RIPLIUKANG

OK, I haven't seen this one around so I'll just pose the question. Feel free to give an opinion to your answer, and just so you all know, the other option is restricted to those who are already retired or are over the age of 35.

As far as with just wrestling I dunno, its way to close for me to call, but with all the extra stuff Id say The Rock, hes at least done good movies, and I dont recall any of Hogans movies that I even almost liked.

He was the first triple crown winner back when all of the titles were important.

He always had good matches, even when he was facing a no talent bum.

He will go down in history as one of the the all time greatest technical wrestlers.

Most importantly "The Hitman" was NOT a character to Bret Hart. Bret Hart WAS the "Hitman". Even the 1997 screw job couldn't take that away from him.

first off id like to point out that im not a wrestling fan but i used to watch it when i was younger and most recently with my son so im my humble opinion id say stone cold ,his story lines with vince mc saved the wwf/e and made the company millions

The Rock.

He came up the son of a former wrestler, got into the WWF at a good time (when WWF was falling to WCW in ratings), and took off like a rocket. He accomplished stardom so quickly within both the wrestling community to the general public. Steve Austin was greatly known but not respected. Hulk Hogan is the greatest wrestler (in terms of making the sport large) but he isn't looked upon that greatly by the public. The Rock on the other hand ... well people look at him as more than a wrestler.

He is looked upon as a handsome, talented, and charasmatic individual. He wrestled for years, enjoying it all, became pretty famous, and then decided to take his talent else where and earn a name for himself in Hollywood instead of sticking with wrestling until he is 40, still trying to gain the fame he once had. He also did it before his body became severly injured like most of these older guys (Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, HBK).

I think Rock was smart in doing what he did. Wrestling sort of lost popularity about the time Rock was getting out so it was a great time to leave. The guy is so talented in other fields; he is funny, charasmatic, plays guitar and is pretty good, and he is a decent action star actor.

He accomplished about as much as anyone can in the field of wrestling and took his fame from the WWF/WWE into other fields where he now is becoming more and more succesful every year.

I think that's a better career than say Hulk Hogan, who is now 50 or so years old, has a very battered and surgically repaired body, and never really did anything with his fame other than make a few dumb movies.

Mick "Cactus Jack" Foley

in 1995 Mick became the IWA Japan King Of The Deathmatch over of all people Terry Funk in front of a crowd the size of a football stadium.
this was just the start of his legend status,he went on to be remembered as one of the most hardcore wrestlers of all time.
even though he's not the most hardcore wrestler of all time,I still can't take away from anything he's done,and he certainly more than deserves legend status.

second would be Sick Nick Mondo,

one of the greatest ultraviolent wrestlers to ever step foot in a ring.
although he retired early he made such a huge impact in CZW that he has to go down as one of the best.
both the first and second tournaments of death showcased him to a new level and cemented his name in the hall of fame of ultraviolent wrestling gods.
in the first tournament of death Nick Mondo took one of the sickest weedwhacker spots ever.
took it right to the chest and it litterally burnt his skin right off,the blood mist that came from the weedwhacker hitting his skin was enough to make anyone cringe.but mondo took it without resistance.
Wifebeater ended up winning the match but the match still belonged to Nick Mondo.
in 2003,the next tournament of death was at hand.
in the second round Zandig sideslamed Mondo from the top of a Ryder truck onto two tables with a light tube log cabin on top.
unfortunatly this is the move that cut Mondo's career short,when he rose from the broken tables and shattered glass you could tell his back wasn't in good shape,he won the match with Zandig but the on site doctors compared the injury he had received to that of a gun shot wound.
but mondo wasn't gonna go out like that,he then went on to win his one and only tournament of death over Ian Rotten in the finals.
after that he retired and hasn't wrestled since.
he's been through so much more than that though,the name of Nick Mondo is certainly one of the most respected in Ultraviolent Wrestling.
and even though the masses may not know of him,he also deserves Legend status,probably more than any of the other legends anyone can think of.

Spine Rip said:
RIPLIUKANG said:
Spine Rip said:
He was the first triple crown winner back when all of the titles were important.

Are you not considering the European title?
NO

the European title wasnt part of the Triple Crown back in Bret Harts legendary era....as it was created in 1997...the Triple Crown winner was a guy who held every major title...thus meaning the WWF championship....the InterContinental championship & the TagTeam championship.... the Euro title was later added to those 3 making it a "grand slam"..which Shawn Michaels was the first to win

I forgot to mention that i agree with Spine Rip...Bret Hart had a marvelous career..... he made it possible for smaller wrestlers to be maineventers it all started in the summer of 1992 ..with the 5th annual SummerSlam..live from Wembley Stadium in London England.... there in the ppvs mainevent Bret Hart became the 1st person ( and only to this date) to mainevent a ppv card solely as InterContinental champion.. he defended the title against his brother in law David Smith..better known as the British Bulldog.... he dropped the title that night and 2 monthes later he defeated the legendary ric flair to win his first WWF championship...hart then proceeded to transition the WWF into the post hogan era and converted the attention of the company away from the Steriod Scandal involving ... among others..Vince McMahon & Hulk Hogan.... he was WWFs antithesis to hulk hogan..he was everything hogan wasnt..including a great wrestler
Another testimate to Harts legacy and career is that he made 2 of wrestlings greatest names what they are today..those 2 being Shawn Michales (weather you like it or not_ and Steve Austin

MKLegacy said:
I forgot to mention that i agree with Spine Rip...Bret Hart had a marvelous career..... he made it possible for smaller wrestlers to be maineventers it all started in the summer of 1992 ..with the 5th annual SummerSlam..live from Wembley Stadium in London England.... there in the ppvs mainevent Bret Hart became the 1st person ( and only to this date) to mainevent a ppv card solely as InterContinental champion.. he defended the title against his brother in law David Smith..better known as the British Bulldog.... he dropped the title that night and 2 monthes later he defeated the legendary ric flair to win his first WWF championship...hart then proceeded to transition the WWF into the post hogan era and converted the attention of the company away from the Steriod Scandal involving ... among others..Vince McMahon & Hulk Hogan.... he was WWFs antithesis to hulk hogan..he was everything hogan wasnt..including a great wrestler
Another testimate to Harts legacy and career is that he made 2 of wrestlings greatest names what they are today..those 2 being Shawn Michales (weather you like it or not_ and Steve Austin
Hey man you said it all right there! Hitman rules! :D

Yep, Hitman really is the best their is, the best their was and the best there ever will be. So yeah it's Bret Hart, and my reasons is what Spine and Legacy said.

promo122.jpg

Hulk Hogan by FAR. He is the most popular, well known wrestler and generations of people know him. He has returned and gained even more fans, the young kids of today who got a chance to watch one of the greatest wrestlers ever. Even after all these years he gets huge standing ovations and the fans begged him to return.

On a side note, BRET HART IS GOD.