A quick tip

Angel

If you ever want to do the sprites on photos picture like I do. Heres a tip if the sprite appears too bright against the background, which I am finding many sprites are:

1) First of all get hold of the sprite you want.

2) Next select the magic wand tool click anywhere in the area outside the sprite. After that go to select---> Inverse. This will select the whole outlie of the sprite.

3) Next go to Layer---> New and create a new layer. Make sure the magic wand tool has not dropped the outline of the sprite for any reason. Set the opacity to 10%

4) Select the fill too and the colour black from the colour palette and fill in the selected outline of the sprite.

This will give the sprite a slight tint, making it hopefully match the tone of the photo.

Also

1)when you creat shadows for a sprite on photo picture Go to Select--->feather and set it to at least 4 points of feather.

2)Then set the opacity of the layer with the shadow to between 10-70%.

3) If you want to you can smudge the shadow a bit to make it look faded by selecting the smudge tool and just setting the brush head to a size at least 50.

Thanks Angel! I was going to make something like that, but didn't know how to work it out. This'll help.