SEGA Genesis Thread

TheFreak

I just broke out my SEGA yesterday and replayed some of the games. OMG! That brought back a TON of memories, if your life was affected by this wonderful piece of machinery, please post in this thread. I turned on Streets Of Rage and Comix Zone, and, MY GOD! It's like a personal time machine!

I love Sega. I still go to ebgames and search online for new games to buy for it. I have over 25 games. I love playing the mortal kombats on them, sonics, x-mens, vectorman, batmans, street of rage is great, Spider-man maximum carnage/seperation anxciety, Theres so many great games I could go on forever.

I can't go with out mentioning the best hockey game on Sega Genesis or any console. NHL 94 best hockey game EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a question: Do any of your controlers have a sticky B. Me and a couple friends have controler's where the B button sticks and its hard to push.

Guys you may not believe this but you know how the Nintendo Revolution can play old Nintendo games? Well some guys at Sega including the creator of Sonic is really interested in putting games in it. Could this mean we get Sonic, Phantasy Star and Shinobi? Maybe..

Now I did love my Genesis. I was my favourite console until a little console known as the SNES kinda changed me. But I still go play my Clayfighter, Sonic Series and Revenge of Shinobi once in a while.

Best. Console. Ever.

The Genesis got me hooked on video games, and ever since it finally hit the console graveyard, my interest in gaming just hasn't been rekindled (not to that extent, anyway). My guess is that I have somewhere between 30 and 40 games, but I probably haven't counted them all in a decade. There were just so many classics on that thing that I'll never tire of. Sonic (of course), Vectorman, Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Ecco the Dolphin, and so on and so forth.

I still have two of them that work perfectly, including one with a 32X that's hooked up right now and one that I got back in 1993. Meanwhile my friend is already on his second PS2. :roll: Anyway, that little black box made me a Sega fan for life. Long live the classics!

I LOVE THE GENISIS! I am a Genisis freak... cough*over 50 games*cough cough... I love it man... When my Gamecube broke, it was the first game i pluged in. After i lost my Snes(my parents probably sold it...) it got me though 3 long years till my parents dished out for a N64.

I have a lot of great memories with a SEGA Genesis.

Games like Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Sword of Vermillion, Buster Douglas Boxing, Joe Montana Football, Sonic, Double Dragon... The list goes on and on.

One of the best consoles ever.

I don't have my genesis anymore... but it is a CLASSIC! The Sonic games, Golden Axe games, Shinobi games and others, it was a great system! I wish Sega could have came out with another system that would bring great competition to the Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft. I like those companies and their systems, but Sega was my favorite. Now it just makes games. At least their not gone fully.

Sorry but IMO the SNES kicked the Mega Drive/Genesis' ass. Including all of it's bloody awful add-ons like the 32X & the Mega CD.

Spine Rip said:
Sorry but IMO the SNES kicked the Mega Drive/Genesis' ass. Including all of it's bloody awful add-ons like the 32X & the Mega CD.

And still Sega's had a number one console more recently than Nintendo has. Ouch.

Sold 42 games MD games as a trade in when I bought a Saturn :roll:

Awesome console. I remember getting Streets of Rage 2 for a bday and playing it for hours with mates.

First games I got were Altered Beast and Ghostbusters (superb game).

Best. Console. Ever.

I agree with you 100% DeathcoreRyknow. SO many good memories with my Mega Drive. My mega drive is proudly set up next to my GameCube. I still play it regularly. I think i have about 40 games on it. Revenge Of Shinobi and Golden Axe are two of my favourite games ever.

I love the simple concepts of the old platform games and such like on the old consoles. Games these days are so much about being sparkling goods, that often the heart of the game is lost in dizzling graphics.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
Best. Console. Ever.

The Genesis got me hooked on video games, and ever since it finally hit the console graveyard, my interest in gaming just hasn't been rekindled (not to that extent, anyway). My guess is that I have somewhere between 30 and 40 games, but I probably haven't counted them all in a decade. There were just so many classics on that thing that I'll never tire of. Sonic (of course), Vectorman, Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Ecco the Dolphin, and so on and so forth.

I think this is pretty much what I would've said. I loved this system, and had all the games that Ryknow mentioned. Sonic, especially was one of my favorites. I remember being five years old and playing the first one...good times.

Hmmmm....Sega. Well I grew up on the days of NES. However, my friend had a sega gensis and we played a good bit of games on. I liked the Sonic line of games, streets of rage, the Mickey Mouse games on it, and Micheal Jacksons Moonwalker. By far though, SNES came around and it was over. SNES support of higher color rates were awesome. Sega still makes some good games but, their market planning went downhill. The put a lot into the Dreamcast and it went down hill and I loved the dreamcast. It was a better move for them as far as becoming game developers and losing the software. They did break into having the first online console. Things like this can't be forgotten. HAIL TO OLD CONSOLES!

Malitor Greymaulkin said:
...also the first MK ruled on that system..
You really think it was that good? I like dit, but once I played the Arcade version I noticed a TON of flaws, like how If there was no blood (there was a cheat code to get it) Everyone's fatal was a superstrong uppercut (Except Scorpion and Liu kang, there's were there standard fatals...) They didn't make any sound when the got their head ripped off, and when they did that, the head stayed in the profile, it didn't look at you... last one, on the Endurance Levels, the bodies didn't stay, they disappeared in a cheesy looking flame...

I first played MK1, on an arcade and I didn't notice any flaws, but I was young, really didn't care, but when my father bought it that they for genesis, my father, two brothers and I did tournaments against each other. When anyone did a move, like having Raiden shoot out his electricty for example(I being the one doing it first, lol) we were like, nice and would ask how to do that. Good times. I wish I had gotten the Collectors Edition with the first MK. All I have of MK are: MKII and MK3(Do to Midway Arcade treasures), MK: Trilogy, MK4, MK: Deadly Alliance and MK: Deception. I think I may get MK: Shaolin Monks as long as it has good reviews. I remember the first MK game's theme song, when you have to choose a character. I LOVE IT!