What was so bad about MK:Advance?

I just want to know, never played it, was thinking about buying it, but I've seen lots of stuff saying it sucks. Why? Is it bad control? Bad graphics? I'd appreciate some input.

Its hard to combine punch high punch low kick high kick low run block jump duck and all those combos with the best chareters on that little memory and still make it good.... and the controls sucked

i love it. just dont expect miracles, and be prepared to fight hordes of ninjas, cos they take up less memory than everyone else

I love that game, I wish I still had it, it was better than any other Handheld MK's I've ever played! :cry: I wish my 1st GBA wasn't jacked. I'm now using my 3rd GBA, LOL.

i thought tournament edition was better, but my TE was just a beta and wouldnt save so i threw it out

I never played MK:TE< but it looks really cool, it has more fatalities than MK:DA! :lol: Speaking of which, what are those Weapon Fatalities like?

FPSfan1234 said:
I never played MK:TE< but it looks really cool, it has more fatalities than MK:DA! :lol: Speaking of which, what are those Weapon Fatalities like?

They suck. All that happens is your character takes out his or her weapon, performs a combo on the opponent with it, and they fall over in a pool of their own blood. To be very blunt, all the fatalities in the GBA version suck. For example, in fatalities that involve a decapitation, like Scorpion's, the head doesn't even disappear from the fallen character's sprite. It's pretty crappy.

That said, the game itself is quite fun and if you want a portable MK game, this is the one to get. However, if you don't have MK:TE or Deadly Alliance on the GBA, you should look at the character line ups prior to making your decision between the two. The addition of Sareena, Noob Saibot and Sektor are cool enough, but at the cost of those additions you lose characters like Sub-Zero and Kitana. Also, there are a ton of koffins you can't unlock without being able to link up to someone else with a GBA and a copy of the game.

wow i aint been here for a looong time, the forums got closed right? then re opened? i guess thats the case cos my old account is nowhere to be seen so ive gotta start all over again.

Onto subject, MKA is good fun but only get it if you are a die hard fan cos there are alot of glitches that would put off the more casual MK player.

Main down points are the controls seem a bit non responsive at times and the sprites seem to always be a half a second behind the button command. Fatalities are a bit rubbish but still cool to watch.

You can pick it up for next to nuthin on ebay so i say go for it.........

Error macros said:
wow i aint been here for a looong time, the forums got closed right? then re opened? i guess thats the case cos my old account is nowhere to be seen so ive gotta start all over again.

They closed in 2003 and then re-opened in September of last year. Everyone had to start over, including a number of us who had been here before.

At any rate, welcome back to TRMK.

Gee, that stinks. MK GameBoy games always have krappy kontrols.
mk4-cart.gif