Should there be a new set of movies?

• Yes-Good Idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No-MK I was good, but get rid of II

• No-BOTH MK I and II were good movies

• Total voters
Now a lot of people will be opposed to what I'm about to suggest, but here goes nothing. Does anyone else want a new set of MK movies? Like the next MK movie would start over and be 100% accurate to the games? MK 1 and 2 never happening. Now don't get me wrong. MK 1 was not bad, not by a long shot, but it was not 100% accurate. In fact a lot of the stuff was wrong. I'm just wondering how would you feel to a new set of movies closely based to the game. Maybe keep some of the same actors, because Robin Shou, Linden Ashby, and Christopher Lambert are PERFECT for their roles. Well what do you all think?

Well, if you're going to get shit for what you said, I'm going to get it even worse ;)

Personally, I liked both movies. I mean, I know MKA had nothing to do with the game whatsoever, but it was MORTAL KOMBAT characters kicking each other's asses anyway. Some of the costumes did look really cheap, but look at Cyrax's. From what I remember (and its been awhile), his costume was just about dead-on.

All in all, it was a shitty movie, but since it was MK anyway, I'm still not going to hate it.

My 2 cents.

Hmm...

Ok, well a new set of movies would be absolutly a waste of money to anyone who would be producing them. The DOTR series followed the games storyline and characters story line strongly enough as to it would just be a complete disaster if another producer/company would to attempt to re-create anything in particular to the series. Same with the Conquest series, even though it took place waaaay before the "MK Series" was invented, it still gave a great and strong storyline for watchers to follow.

As to creating another series, it will most likley fail, considering that there are hardly any MK fans out there anymore (Compared to what they use to be). I'm not opposed to starting a new "MK Series", I just think it will 1. Be a utter disappointment, or 2. Won't even make it to season 2.

Although I can't wait for MK3. ;)

I certainly see no reason to junk MK1, I still think it's a great movie, but as far as current movie information goes, they are going to basically junk MKA and make this new movie as more of a sequel to the original. I don't have a damn clue how that would work out with implementing storyline from the new games (as they will no doubt do to make the movie relevant to the new MK fans), but considering they've got Christopher Lambert and Linden Ashby on board for this movie, that looks to definitely be what they're doing.

I don't think the differences in storyline between the movies and games was ever really made a big deal out of, though, either. I think most fans just kind of accepted that there was a movie story and a game story, and that while there were some tie-ins, they were never meant to be one in the same. Personally, I care more about seeing a good MK movie than seeing one that accurately follows the story of the game (which is spotty enough, as we all know).

MK1 was good so there is no reason to throw it out of the window just like that. MKA was another story though. I didn't get into it and the story took a turn for the worse about some group of guys trying to take over the world.The movie also had some stupid bits(Shinnok as Raiden father and Sindel infamous line). Many of the characters were also underused(Nightwolf, Scorpion, Subby).

I'm happy that they are trying to ignore the second movie and starting anew. I'm also happy to see that the original cast is coming back to do the third one. As long as the third one is better than the second one(won't be hard) I'm happy.

Well, here I go. The first movie was a good movie. It was not faithful as everyone knows. And that is basically my only beef with the movie. Granted I think the script needs to be rewriten, I detected alittle to much cornyness in the movie. I aspire to be a director someday. One of my life goals when I get out of Iraq. I have great ideas for an MK movie. And I aim to please fans. So if I could redo the first move then I would, if given the chance. But I wouldn't pursue it. The first movies actor and actress's were well casted.

Now number 2. This movie was absolutly horrid I cringged at the acting the fight scenes were a high point, but the acting was so bad you forget the fight scenes and you just say, "That was one &#c*#^@ bad movie." It is eye candy though. But some parts down right pissed me off...
If there was ever an MK movie to be remade it would be this one with out a doubt. There's not much to be said about this movie other then I can get it for 5 bucks at the PX.

The only reason I wouldn't mind getting rid of MK I altogether is because I think a MK movie saga would be really awesome. But only if it is faithful to the games 100%. It may even gain a huge fandom. I understand that this would take a lot of work, money, and patience to do, but I think the payoff would be amazing. Who knows though. I could be wrong.

The way that the producers, along with Boon and Tobias, created the first MK game was almost perfect IMO. When they decided to start the second movie, a lot of people, including myself, thought that it would be a better one than the first. We were all dead wrong. It was the biggest piece of crap since Godfather III. So I believe that if they are going to make any more movies, learn from the second and don't make it as crappy.

Well since there are now 6 games, that would mean six movies. The trouble with that many movies - Retaining the same actors throughout all the movies. Sooner or later a actor would die or not want to be in the movies anymore, wanting to do something else then MK. Plus, a lot of the games, when taken into account, if you try to work out the story would mean really long films.

If they were doing one or two movies, yes, but if they were gonna do movies based on all of the games, no. A TV series would serve a better purpose.

Disappointed said:
Well, if you're going to get shit for what you said, I'm going to get it even worse ;)

Personally, I liked both movies. I mean, I know MKA had nothing to do with the game whatsoever, but it was MORTAL KOMBAT characters kicking each other's asses anyway. Some of the costumes did look really cheap, but look at Cyrax's. From what I remember (and its been awhile), his costume was just about dead-on.

All in all, it was a shitty movie, but since it was MK anyway, I'm still not going to hate it.

My 2 cents.

You must of had an epipthnany cause i do shit on what you said.
THe series so far had been terrible, the only redeemable factor about MK1 was the fighting, and they couldn't even get that completely right, especially in MK2, where they might as well of just replace the cast with theamerican gladiators, which i think a few of them were. Any way not to again mention the horrid acting by almost everyone besides shou and Linden. these were create disasters and i for one am always offended by the slightest notion of these being called good movies.
they suck and i wouldn't even accept these movies as gifts, i wouldn't take them for free, i wouldn't piss on them to put out the fire created trying to burn these films off the face off the earth. I would probably die
before i ever watch these films again. To say that it was good because it was mortal kombat characters kicking each others asses is like saying that because ashley simspon can still shill out a half assed tune,that makes up for her lip synching, is ludacris. I don't want to watch a mortal kombat movie just because it has mortal kombat characters, i want to watch a mortal kombat movie because i know it will have a good story, an interesting main character, a nice plot and some twist, and overall the blood and gore i get when i play my game. If they have to make a pg version, why can't they make an unrated one too? Can any body answer me that?

I thought the first MK was good. Some things I disagreed with, like Reptile losing to Liu Kang (WHAT??) but overall, i liked it.

Annihilation I just tend to forget existed.

Well they can't have Reptile beating Lu-lu now can they?

They had to set him up as the champ first... After that, killing him can be done any time. :wink:

Angel said:

They had to set him up as the champ first... After that, killing him can be done any time. :wink:

And hopefully very often, too angel 8)

Honestly, I don't think they should. They've gone too far into the Mortal Kombat storyline to go (You know what? Lets remake the first two movies). It would interfere and do nothing but kill valuable company time and money.

I think the Mortal Kombat movies were loved because of the simplicity (well.. the first one). There wasn't any SUPERMEGACANNONDEATHRAYFIREBALLFATALITYYOUWINANIMALITYBRUTALITYONAGADEADLYALLIANCE type of thing, it was just.. simple, which is what I liked about it.

Angel said:

I know, that's the sad part!

If it were reality, Reptile would have owned Liu Kang. :wink:

If I had been Reptile, I would have spit more acid in his face. Then while he was trying to get it out of his eyes I'd have taken advantage of Mary-Liu and beating the life out of him. Failing that, I'd go invisble again and try and get at him at another angle. But thats me... And I would still loose Liu has the writers on his side.

If I was Shang Tsung I would snap Liu's neck three or four more times. Make sure it's good and broke. Cut his arms and legs off. Eat them. Hang the rest of the body in a coffin of spikes and doused with bleach. Lite the @itch on fire. Dance around in until the fire dies then drop it in some melted down lead. Then Shang should hang it like a trophy. Like Han Solo in the Emperor Stikes Back. Except dead. That would be awesome to see. Whoops I am getting all worked up. If ya'all haven't noticed yet I hate that Fu$ker.

new series

hell yes its a very good idea!!!!!!

you all see what starting batman over is doing, finally batman makes sense. i now know where he got all his tough weapons from.

if they could do a new mortal komabt series, that would be sick. Obviously if youre lookign at this site you know the true mortal kombat story, but theres a ton of people out there that are fans of the game, but not like most of us, so that would be very enlightening to them.

go new series,.

Movies, TV series do another thing. Thats bring in fresh blood. Not everyone will have played the game. TV series draw in people who'd not normally be intereasted in Mortal Kombat.

I know you guys hate me for mentioning it, but MK:Defenders of the realm achieved one thing when it aired, it got the intereasts of little kids. Remember, one day those kids would grow up, they had MK in their minds, so at least they knew of the game. Whether they brought it or not, who knows. But like I said, it spoon fed the name to the next generation so to speak.

This is how Street Fighter in Japan works. They keep making anime movies, draw in fans through the big screen and TV. They in return buy figures and games because they are now fans. Capcom just keeps suppling the fans with stuff and they eat it up.