Reiko=Shao Kahn?

• Yes-Its obvious...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No-(Explain)

• Maybe-I'm conflicted about this...

• Total voters
There has been a lot of debate on this topic. Reiko's ending shows him wearing Kahn's mask. Also in the Gameboy version his ending is:
reiko-gb-ending.gif

This implies that he is Shao Kahn. More confusion came when MK: Conquest shows Shao Kahn talking with Reiko. Does anyone have definitive answer?

Yes, play through Konquest on MK:D. Seek out Shao Kahn in Outworld and talk to him he will give you missions one involving Reiko. He tells you that Reiko has been sneeking into his throne room and wearing his helmet like he has some sort of fetish for dressing up a Kahn.

i chose no, because we had a huge debate about this a few months ago. in the end, i chose no because ED BOON SAYS SO! lol

....... Reiko=Shao Kahns threads are newbie threads, I kinda wanna kill myself now.

How about no? How about we had enough of this crap? Everyone knows that Reiko is not Shao Kahn, dude. Now please don't start a thread like Noob Saibot = Boon Tobias? Thanks.

I still can't believe I'm seeing a thread called "Reiko=Shao Kahn?" at TRMK. I thought this stupid thing was over. This is a forum for intelligent and thoughtful MK discussion.

Special Forces said:
....... Reiko=Shao Kahns threads are newbie threads, I kinda wanna kill myself now.

How about no? How about we had enough of this crap? Everyone knows that Reiko is not Shao Kahn, dude. Now please don't start a thread like Noob Saibot = Boon Tobias? Thanks.

I still can't believe I'm seeing a thread called "Reiko=Shao Kahn?" at TRMK. I thought this stupid thing was over. This is a forum for intelligent and thoughtful MK discussion.

First of all I apologize. This is my first MK forum. I didn't know this was a "newbie" question. I also didn't mean to deviate from the "intelligent and thoughtful MK discussion." I understand that the GB ending may not have been "official". I also understand that Boon "said so". But I heard that Boon actually did very little when it came to the story.

I agree that Reiko is not Shao Kahn. I was just wondering if there would be something in the future games that would maybe quash this idea?

Also is the official explanation that Reiko simply has a fetish for putting Kahn's skull helmet on?

I am The Chosen One said:
Also is the official explanation that Reiko simply has a fetish for putting Kahn's skull helmet on?

The official explanation is just that the helmet segment of that ending was put in without Boon's knowledge. Storyline-wise, though, yeah, that's the official explanation.

So the helmet was just placed there to confuse newbs like me? Hhhmmm interesting, but ultimetly pointless. :p

Too bad they couldn't have found a better explanation other than a "fetish". I take it the him ruling a realm is fake too?

damn right, you're right in thinking boon doesnt do much with the story, that task is given to john vogel. but seein as since tobias left, ed boon is pretty much the main guy when it comes to mortal kombat, so he knows his shit.