What game are you playing right now?

Most mainstream games (or the least the ones made in the last decade) don't interest me, so I already understand that not everyone will like a popular game. Skyrim was a game I was initially interested in since I favor RPGs. I expected some bugs, having played Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas. However, Skyrim turned out to be was more unstable than the games before it, and I just couldn't take it anymore.

Anyways, kadell wanted to know why people like Witcher 3, so I answered accordingly. It's not a personal attack, although I question what he was able to get out of 30 minutes, given the fact that most RPGs (besides dungeon crawlers) usually takes several hours before things pick up. I was also curious about what dialogue trees in RPGs he is comparing to.

Honestly, it might just be the same feeling I had when watching CA: Civil War where people hype something like it's God's greatest gift and never mention the flaws so the flaws stand out more than they actually should. When I remember every other RPG like the Final Fantasy Games, Divinity Original Sin, Skyrim, New Vegas, Dragon Age Origins, Persona 4 (which has no combat until 2-2.5 hours in), Mass Effect, The Mana games, the Romancing SaGa games, & Earthbound and how they held my attention long enough, I was expecting to catch on to this game a lot faster. It just feels like the cutscenes are incredibly slow. But when I finish some of my other games first I might retry it since most people also suggested at least getting to the Bloody Baron quest.

Most mainstream games (or the least the ones made in the last decade) don't interest me, so I already understand that not everyone will like a popular game. Skyrim was a game I was initially interested in since I favor RPGs. I expected some bugs, having played Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas. However, Skyrim turned out to be was more unstable than the games before it, and I just couldn't take it anymore.
I never encountered any real noticeable bugs when I played Skyrim and I played the '' worst version '' ps3 version. I just got bored and stopped playing. I guess I was lucky.

Anyways, kadell wanted to know why people like Witcher 3, so I answered accordingly. It's not a personal attack, although I question what he was able to get out of 30 minutes, given the fact that most RPGs (besides dungeon crawlers) usually takes several hours before things pick up.
I can't speak for kadell obviously, I was just sharing my own story since I can relate to buying a game out of popularity and being disappointed as a result.

I can't speak for kadell obviously, I was just sharing my own story since I can relate to buying a game out of popularity and being disappointed as a result.

I relate where you're both coming from, as well.
Thief 2014 was such a disappointment, to me.

Honestly, it might just be the same feeling I had when watching CA: Civil War where people hype something like it's God's greatest gift and never mention the flaws so the flaws stand out more than they actually should. When I remember every other RPG like the Final Fantasy Games, Divinity Original Sin, Skyrim, New Vegas, Dragon Age Origins, Persona 4 (which has no combat until 2-2.5 hours in), Mass Effect, The Mana games, the Romancing SaGa games, & Earthbound and how they held my attention long enough, I was expecting to catch on to this game a lot faster. It just feels like the cutscenes are incredibly slow. But when I finish some of my other games first I might retry it since most people also suggested at least getting to the Bloody Baron quest.

I admit the Witcher 3 was overhyped, but the same can be Mass Effect and Skyrim when they were relatively new. People were praising Skyrim to death while overlooking technical issues that would damning for lesser known games. It's not perfect, but I think it has some merits.

The Bloody Baron questline is a good representative of the Witcher 3. This the point where the game opens up and choices you are make are not the usual good/evil choices like you see in many RPGs.

I never encountered any real noticeable bugs when I played Skyrim and I played the '' worst version '' ps3 version. I just got bored and stopped playing. I guess I was lucky.

I would say you either played Skyrim at a later date, where some of the known bugs were fixed, or you are indeed lucky. I got Skyrim for the PS3 close to its release date, and the game crashed on me in less than 5 hours of playing. Even without the technical issues, it would have been fairly enjoyable game, but not as great as people make it out to be.

I just recently discovered how awesome Lego games are.
Bought Lego Ninjago today after watching the movie in which Jackie Chan was in lol and Im going to get Lego Marvel Heroes 2 in 3 days as well among with Star Wars Payfront 2.

Just got XC2 2 hours ago, Im 1 hour in and made it to this flying harbour and just met my new team with this little girl, the tiger and those 2 dope fighters.
Holy crap the music, the graphic style, the presentation, the combat ( ye Ive only done one fight so far lol, but still ) etc. are pretty amazing.
Ye, I know Im only 1 hour in, but I got a feeling this game is gonna be amazing and prob. one of these few games that can actually be on the same overall experience lvl of a FF7 or Shenmue.
Most of the time I just walked around on this flying harbour looking at things, <3 this game & so many little Pikachus everywhere lol.

Nintendo is rly takin over when it comes to great games this year.
I was starving for a good JRPG since so long after FF15 was another huge letdown,
XC2 is exactly what Ive been looking for. <3

Not gonna lie, I might be joining the master race pretty soon because 60 frames on games that I've always played on 30 is like night and day. I dipped my toe in Fallout New Vegas on steam and it is far superior to the XBox 360 version. Then I decided to play Dragon Age Origins and my God. Before, I could sorta understand why people loved origins so much and disliked DA2. But now, I can definitely see why people absolutely hated DA2. The story, choices, and rpg elements was always great (though I still feel DA2 has the best story), but the improvement in graphics compared to the 360 version and the smooth 60fps gameplay which performs better with mouse and keyboard make it difficult for me to consider going back to DA2. When I finish beating origins, it's no doubt in my mind that I'm gonna try out Mass Effect 1 (which had horrid framerates on the 360).

Fortnite.
Solo Battle Royale runs pretty good, though I do wish it were 60FPS. I seem to always make it to the top 10 but never first place. When it was me and one other player, I almost killed him but I accidentally used the building button and get killed (my internet is kinda trash so there's a delay for me when switching weapons or activating build mode). They really need to switch that button with the crouching button on the consoles because it's really annoying to lose because I forget that Circle doesn't crouch or because my hand accidentally taps circle when I try to switch my weapon.

50v50 was trash on release because at first because you literally couldn't tell who was and wasn't on your team. I was literally helping and following the enemy team for a good 5 minutes before they realized I was on the opposing team and killed me off. Plus, sometimes your teammates are discombobulated because they start going in like it's call of duty sometimes feel like dead weight (which was a major issue with BF:BC2). And not having a mic is a bit of a disadvantage (which I don't have one) and teamates will literally ignore the one person on the team with a mic, which I find severely retarded. They need to just remove squads and have people communicate with other players based on how close they are to you.

Civilization V.
I'ma be honest, I barely play Civ Rev on the iOS and I didn't know what I was doing. The second time I played a Civ game was Civ 1 for the SNES this year (via and emulator obviously). Can't lie, I had a heck of a lot of fun playing that game even though I found out later that it was an inferior version. The goal was pretty simple to me as was the mechanics. Then as Christmas Eve, I played Civilization V. Honestly, Idk wtf I'm doing, but right now I'm not liking it much. By turn 100, I always end the game and restart the session. Maybe it's because I made a huge jump between Civ & Civ 5 without playing the others, but as it stands right now I personally find Civ 5 to be worse than Civ 1. Now this might change in the future when I figure everything out, but three things I hate right off the bat are the Warfare Mechanics, forced production (which I don't remember being in Civ 1), and the Barbarian Camps because this game consistently spams the Barbarians. I'll have to revisit the game to see whether my oppion changes or not, but that will be many youtube videos in the future. It's pretty addictive though.

ni no kuni 2 and MH world both come out this month
& here is me who is still trying to beat Person 5 ( 66+ hours in ) XC2 ( 82+ hours in ) and AC Origins ( 47+ hours in )
at least Ive already beaten Mario Odyssey, just still need to collect like 70% of the stars lol

Playing Misery 2.2 for Stalker: CoP. For a 10+ year old engine this mod looks amazing:

11vh4si.jpg

2z8t2kl.jpg

33lhwlf.jpg

2wpv8ci.jpg

The atmosphere is just spot on. I also like how I can now salvage a pair of Nike's with a crowbar or a hammer. Realism.

Civilization V.
I'ma be honest, I barely play Civ Rev on the iOS and I didn't know what I was doing. The second time I played a Civ game was Civ 1 for the SNES this year (via and emulator obviously). Can't lie, I had a heck of a lot of fun playing that game even though I found out later that it was an inferior version. The goal was pretty simple to me as was the mechanics. Then as Christmas Eve, I played Civilization V. Honestly, Idk wtf I'm doing, but right now I'm not liking it much. By turn 100, I always end the game and restart the session. Maybe it's because I made a huge jump between Civ & Civ 5 without playing the others, but as it stands right now I personally find Civ 5 to be worse than Civ 1. Now this might change in the future when I figure everything out, but three things I hate right off the bat are the Warfare Mechanics, forced production (which I don't remember being in Civ 1), and the Barbarian Camps because this game consistently spams the Barbarians. I'll have to revisit the game to see whether my oppion changes or not, but that will be many youtube videos in the future. It's pretty addictive though.

Bruh. Civ 5 was great, probably spent 200 hours in multiplayer. Civ 6 however...

Bruh. Civ 5 was great, probably spent 200 hours in multiplayer. Civ 6 however...

I'm now 21 hrs in (which might not sound like a lot between the timespan). Man was I wrong about that game. After getting the hang of everything, Civ 5 is definitely far superior to Civ 1. I've been missing out for the past few years. Idk what it is about the game that makes it so addictive and fun, but I love it. Never won a match yet however, lol. And while I tried to take every other player's advice, I feel tinkering and adjusting the match settings made the match a whole lot better. In one of my previous matches where things were getting extra lit, I didn't pay attention to the strongest Civ in the game sending units to Surround my cities. In my what-if save I lost against that Civ even though I had a far superior army, so I surrendered immediately on my normal save. City-States are the best thing to happen to the game because it makes the wars far better, especially when you and 3 other civs are attacking a civ allied with 3 City-States. Ever since that match, I've decided to restrict game to Timed only until I decide to use a different victory. I'm glad I decided not to go with 6 cause I refuse to indulge in the finesse tactics in 2018.