Wow.....yet another question

Sub-Zero said:
But you start at 1900 don't you? Besides that could be some place in china that is still living in huts and such. I'm not disagreeing, I'm only giving the other possible side of the story mate.

They only really give you an arbitrary year to start at, so it's just the year "0" rather than 1900 or whatever. I mean, the MK team could have meant for the timeline of the series to sort of coincide with real life, but, to me anyway, it just seems more random and inconsistent than anything.

They've never explicitly given a certain year for any event in the series, either (which they often do in video games that are based around a certain time in real life) so that leads me to think more that the MK timeline is just meant to be its own thing and not really running parallel with our time or any real point in history.

And I'm not really arguing about this, I mean, if you don't agree with what I'm saying, no problem, I just wanted to explain the way I see this.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
Sub-Zero said:
But you start at 1900 don't you? Besides that could be some place in china that is still living in huts and such. I'm not disagreeing, I'm only giving the other possible side of the story mate.

They only really give you an arbitrary year to start at, so it's just the year "0" rather than 1900 or whatever. I mean, the MK team could have meant for the timeline of the series to sort of coincide with real life, but, to me anyway, it just seems more random and inconsistent than anything.

They've never explicitly given a certain year for any event in the series, either (which they often do in video games that are based around a certain time in real life) so that leads me to think more that the MK timeline is just meant to be its own thing and not really running parallel with our time or any real point in history.

And I'm not really arguing about this, I mean, if you don't agree with what I'm saying, no problem, I just wanted to explain the way I see this.

I'll agree with that. Still their is some major evidence that the first game took place in 1992, like Johnny Cage, American fighting movies weren't something that happened until Star Wars came out, and that wasn't even an actual fight movie, the fact Sonia was chasing the big ass criminal Kano, yes crime was around, but did you have this one person chasing after them like this, not really, that one is a push but there's some legs to it. The second gmae hasn't much proof unless you want to talk about Jax. Johnny Cage, and Liu Kang's present day clothing. The third has the most proof, the subway, the streets, Stryker's cltohing, the cyborg's, Jax's arms. And I think I just thought of the perfect way to get a decent time... I'll be right back...