Women in Metal

KORE

ok kittie was cool before, but not now.

but i think women can do just as guys as singers,
ex: Angela Gossow of arch enemy
ex: Otep

i think if there were more women singers in metal, it would get more female fans and diversify the genre. (i dont really bother to mention females playing instruments, because they dont write lyrics, and lyrics are very important to the message of the band)

You could only come up with two? There's a ton more as well. Of course there's Cristina Scabbia of Lacuna Coil (my personal favorite band), there's the singers of Nightwish and Within Temptation and many more. Gothic/melodic metal is a good place to find female metal singers. It's not a new thing at all, it's just that most of these bands aren't even close to the mainstream.

Edenbridge
Magica
and a whole bunch of others I can't quite remember right now,and a bit lazy at the current time.
alot of them I heard on Gotham Radio though (decent internet radiostation that plays mostly goth and some poser goth stuff)

i've heard of nightwish, but havent actually HEARD them yet. actually your probly right, im unfortunately ignorant to a lot of metal thats out there. if i had my way metal would BE the mainstream, and pop/punk bands could play they're asses off for peanuts, in little ass venues. after all a lot of the time it seems that the opposite is true.

no offense to you, or cristina, she is a great singer! but i can't listen to lacuna coil, that guy singer in the band ruins the whole thing for me.

That's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, as I am mine. I personally think he is a very pivotal part of the band, though, and without him (or any of the other current members, really) Lacuna Coil just wouldn't be Lacuna Coil. They do have songs with only Cristina doing the vocals, though (usually the more ballady-type songs), like The Ghost Woman and the Hunter, Cold Heritage and Falling/Falling Again.

Noob-Ermac said:
FOTFFLMFAO!!!!Women in Metal :lol: :lol:

You honestly have to be one of the biggest fucking idiot ever. Go stick a fork through your brain so no one can deal with your existance.

On topic, Lacuna Coil has a female vocalist (who doesn't look bad at all), and so does Nightwish.

Rememeber people Noob-Ermac is only 7 so dont bully him....

Nightwish? i've heard of them whats thier music like? i might get there CD soon if its any good.

i like Angela Gossow better than Christina Scabbia. appearance wise. but they are both great singers in their respective styles.

i wonder about nightwish too. maybe ill download a couple tracks, to see if i like it. i love mp3s, they're a good way to preview music.

Masta-Dante said:
Nightwish? i've heard of them whats thier music like? i might get there CD soon if its any good.

Think operatic metal. They also have quite a few CDs.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
Masta-Dante said:

Think operatic metal. They also have quite a few CDs.
Get Wishmaster!!!!!

their best CD IMO.

shit,now I gotta listen to that song.

"Master!
Aprentice!
heartbourne Seventh Seeker!
Warrior!
Deciple!
In Me The Wishmaster!"

only heard one nightwish song, it's good, very mellow. actually saw a 10 year old in a nightwish hoodie the other day, that made me cringe.

note how nobody mentions the dreaded evanescence lol.

snake river conspiracy, tura satana, my ruin, all good bands

also women in punk and ska are decent and very very rare, take bands like save ferris, the goops, tsunami bomb, no comply, vice squad etc. i love them all

dude, evanescence are nu-metal, no matter how much you wanna deny it, and the donnas are far from punk. that is pretty much straight up rock. to me, both bands just fall into the 'shit' category