Mortal Kombat 11 rumours

On the topic of frost, I mean idk why they didn't just use her costume from the Comic. Personally I liked that one better and it can give her an actual backstory where she just loves fighting rather than being this nutjob that she was in MKDA-MKA. And one thing I just thought about is why did she hate Scorpion when she joined the Lin Kuei after the ending of the MKX Comic which was like 5 years prior?

That confused me as well with Frost. I've looked at it as maybe Sub-Zero gave her a history lesson about the Lin Kuei, his past and such as he was teaching her. And for some reason, got the idea that Scorpion and his fallen clan were still enemies.

That's the only sense I can make out of that part. Otherwise, I have no fvcking clue why she would just randomly attack Scorpion and shout "There will be no peace" or whatever it was.

And one thing I just thought about is why did she hate Scorpion when she joined the Lin Kuei after the ending of the MKX Comic which was like 5 years prior?

"Frost is strong, but lacks judgement. She cannot see the wisdom of peace. I will deal with her."
- Kuai-Liang (MKX)

Dunno.
To me it seems like Frost hasn't learned that level of discipline, yet.
As a martial artist myself, I was always taught to use it as a form of self-defense or in defense of others, but never to start a fight.
Kuai-Liang knows that she (Frost) can be a great warrior, but she must first learn self-control and how to wield that power, rather than abuse it.

Maybe it’s just me but I’d love to see Frost interact with Takeda. New gen Shirai and New gen Lin kuei going head to head would be kinda cool

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Frost involved in an illegal fight club prior to joining the Lin Kuei in the new timeline?

That might explain why she's still looking for a fight.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Frost involved in an illegal fight club prior to joining the Lin Kuei in the new timeline?

That might explain why she's still looking for a fight.

Yup. In the comics. Towards the end of the comics run she and a group of people meet Kuai Liang and formed the new Lin kuei

But wasn't MK11 already confirmed last weekend when they did the 25th Anniversary panel.

The 1 thing that I will say that Ed Boon spoke about that caught my attention was that they thought of the possibility (at 1 time) of doing Mortal Kombat 0 (with all the events leading up to MK1 or even Shaolin Monks 2.
Personally, though, I'd rather see MK11 continuing from where MKX left off.

I'll probably get someone pissed off here for the mere mention of it, but I really don't see why some Klassic characters can't be DLC in the next game, to make room for the newer characters or other post-MK3 debut characters like Havik, Reiko, Fujin, Sareena, etc, etc, etc.....
I really don't doubt that right after the Alien, Predator and maaaaaaaaybe Jason in MKX, that Triborg wasn't too far behind in DLC sales.

But wasn't MK11 already confirmed last weekend when they did the 25th Anniversary panel.

The 1 thing that I will say that Ed Boon spoke about that caught my attention was that they thought of the possibility (at 1 time) of doing Mortal Kombat 0 (with all the events leading up to MK1 or even Shaolin Monks 2.

I'll probably get someone pissed off here for the mere mention of it, but I really don't see why some Klassic characters can't be DLC in the next game, to make room for the newer characters or other post-MK3 debut characters like Havik, Reiko, Fujin, Sareena, etc, etc, etc.....
I really don't doubt that right after the Alien, Predator and maaaaaaaaybe Jason in MKX, that Triborg wasn't too far behind in DLC sales.
If I may make a suggestion...

Us Star Wars fans got a trilogy of prequels that showed us how Sheev Palpatine/Darth Sidious came to be the Evil Emperor of A Galaxy Far, Far Away. How about a prequel (possibly Shaolin Monks type from a gameplay standpoint) that shows how Shao Kahn came to become Emperor of Outworld? It doesn't necessarily have to be a trilogy, but there could be a sequel to that to cover the fall of Edenia.

If I may make a suggestion...

Us Star Wars fans got a trilogy of prequels that showed us how Sheev Palpatine/Darth Sidious came to be the Evil Emperor of A Galaxy Far, Far Away. How about a prequel (possibly Shaolin Monks type from a gameplay standpoint) that shows how Shao Kahn came to become Emperor of Outworld? It doesn't necessarily have to be a trilogy, but there could be a sequel to that to cover the fall of Edenia.

As a type of action / adventure game (ala Shaolin Monks), yeah, I guess that would work, but as canon fighting games I want NRS to continue from where MKX left off, heading into MK11.
The issue that I see with an MK 0 (pre-MK1) as a type fighting game is the roster of characters.
Aside from Fujin, Sareena and possibly Shinnok, which non-MK9 characters would be involved in a roster for a fighting game like that?

I didn't even know there was such a panel. I just thought there was that 25th anniversary video they put up...

My mistake.
I actually meant the 25th Anniversary video, but yes, there really was a 25th Anniversary panel discussion at NYCC.

Sareena, Nitara, and Li Mei all need to have their time to shine. In fact, I would've had Li Mei be in Cassie's spot and Sareena in Jacqui's spot if I was the one who made MKX.

Sareena, Nitara, and Li Mei all need to have their time to shine. In fact, I would've had Li Mei be in Cassie's spot and Sareena in Jacqui's spot if I was the one who made MKX.

Agreed that more of the post-MK3 debut characters need their time to shine.
That said, I'd also like for the majority of the 8 new MKX characters to be there, along with 2 or 3 other new ones.

It would have been nice for Jacqui if they hadn't make her be like her dad with those gauntlets. They could have still taken the bruiser route but done something differently for her.

But she's most likely going to return if the next game is a sequel to X.

I would like to see Ferra Torr again, but they're probably gonna not appear :-/ Which is unfortunate because I thought they were cool.

I was never into Ferra/Torr, but hey, if they return we might learn more about them. I loved their Executioner costume though.

executioner_ferra_torr_by_yurtigo-dai2fib.png