Mortal Kombat 11 rumours

Their ending was really interesting and unique. Ferra basically becomes Torr and awaits a new rider while Torr withers and dies. Hey, maybe the next game could have Ferra and her new rider as the next paired character.

If they did that, I would personally love to shake the hands of whoever is in charge of their writing team. Because progression is a good thing when done well. And to progress something like that would just be awesome.

But I am putting too much hope here. I don't want to be mean about a favorite company of mine, but they don't deliver on story telling well that much.

I didn't find Ferra/Torr interesting as characters. They were not much more than minions who were there to get beat up by the heroes. They have little in way of backstory and character development as well.

There were some neat attack animations with the duo, but I hoping that Ferra could be controlled (if to a lesser degree) independently from Torr.

Last edited:
I was actually hoping Ferra would return as the big brute with a new ferra on her back like in their ending.

They took one step forward with the NPC fights during story mode, but they took a step back by not balancing the appearances of the characters in the roster. At least in MK9 you actually saw the characters' story & development progress with each arc (minus Sheeva). With MKX it was like show up for this fight and this other fight now we no longer need you. Injustice was also good at keeping the characters' story arc progressing throughout the game minus some like Bane and Grundy. However, the loophole with that game was that it was two versions of each character so they pretty much had to be around throughout the game.

If Injustice 2 is anything to go by, we'll have better luck with Injustice 3 or MK12 when it comes to the way they handle character development (although the comics were pretty nice with it).

Torr looks like he'd be more comfortable walking on his hands. Those fcking arms! :-o
F&T also had some hilarious brutalities. +1 for MK11.

Sub-Zero should retire, so that you people can have Frost. Then Scorpion comes in and does that badass hammer kick in their faces.
(that kick right there is the reason why scorpion is the best)

Sub Zero retire. Yeah. Sure. WB is definitely gonna let retire one of it's iconic characters XD. Scorpion might be the face that gets plastered upon covers, but everyone knows that Scorpion can't rhyme without Sub Zero. Fire and Ice. Of course it would be nice if Frost and Takeda became the new generation of Scorpion vs Sub Zero. Cause those two reconciled, so the new generation can have their new beef about stolen teddy bears.

Heh, I can't even imagine how people would react if Sub-Zero or Scorpion isn't included in the next game.

I mean, we all know how it went with that one Reiko fan threatening one of the developers and his family that he had to abandon his Twitter account. And that was just for Reiko.

Impossible, that will never happen. Even if for some stupid reason they're not on the main roster, they'll be added as DLC. Developers learned from MK3...

Scorpion, Sub-Zero and even Raiden are pretty much MK staples. To not have them to be a Street Fighter game without Ryu and Ken or Smash game without Mario. For NRS to cut them out of the next MK, it would make most people start viewing the way they currently view Capcom.

Impossible, that will never happen. Even if for some stupid reason they're not on the main roster, they'll be added as DLC. Developers learned from MK3...

Precisely.
I highly believe that about 80% of the Trilogy characters could be sold as DLC, and they'd sell like hot-cakes.

And then people can rage about that and hurl death threats at NRS, and then Ed Boon will make polls about which ones should be in the next DLC pack, and then they make like, what, 2 of them and the rest are guest characters from irrelevant franchises...

Yeah, sounds about right.

If Triborg sold well in MKX (which I have no reason to believe that he didn't) then I don't see why they can't do (for example):

- a guest (because of course) Rain, Baraka, Sindel (using that popular MKX request for example)
- Or another one with a guest (again, yes, unfortunately), Kabal, Noob Saibot, Shang Tsung.

Doing something like that would free up tons of roster space for other new characters and post-MK3 debut characters.
The games don't have to have 15 Trilogy / MK9 characters in every main roster, and I've also mentioned another solution of dead characters being swapped out for other MK9 characters as another way to give those other non-trilogy characters a chance, without having too many MK1 thru 3 characters.
Noob, Jade, Kabal or any of the other requested characters can take Quan Chi, Mileena or Shinnok's place (Yes, I that know Shinnok's not technically dead).

I'm all for new characters. We've had new ones introduced in pretty much every game. As a wish list id like to see sprites come back! And more importantly bring back mocap, JK LOL.

id like to see sprites come back!

Mortal Kombat never used spritework, they used digitalized actors... and they already tried doing this again with an HD remake of the trilogy games which got shut down. We will most likely never see it again as part of the main series, as they are doing solid 3D work and are improving for each game.