Mortal Kombat 11 rumours

theincubuslord

I would never personally believe any rumours or leaks. I need an official confirmation before I can believe. I've been burned so many times, been disappointed time and time again due to them being fake, so I've learned to stay skeptical. And I am normally not one to enable the behaviour of believing in these things...

But hey! It's the first we hear about anything MK11 related.

DO NOT BELIEVE THIS IS OFFICIAL WHAT SO EVER!!!

But enjoy it for what it is. :)
Let the speculations and theories begin!

I think the game's already in production for some time, so the leak seems legit. Sounds like it's going to be another MK9/MKX however, which is shit.

Last edited:
Maybe Onaga and Blaze will be sub-bosses. Then Dark Liu Kang or Dark Raiden absorb the power of Blaze and become the final boss.

Hoping it's not true... They made all that to change and will make almost the same thing with some minor changes?! And i won't believe it, cause seriously... claiming that Sub-Zero and Scorpion will be on the next game is no leak at all haha.

There's something on Reddit that has some rumor post going on. I'll re-type what it's saying:

"Raiden's the main antagonist. Base roster planned to be around 30 characters with 10 as DLC. Plot borrows elements from Deception and Armageddon. Characters that I've seen lots of artwork and rendering include Kano, Li Mei, Noob Saibot, Nitara, Bo Rai' Cho, Johnny Cage, Shang Tsung, Jade, Taven, Daegon, Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs, Frost, Kenshi, Kotal Kahn, Jax, and Onaga.

Characters that died in MKX are not coming back for 11. NPCs in story mode are returning. Story mode will again be chapter base but longer than any previous ones. They're bringing back variations and brutalities too. Game should be out by Spring 2019.

That
is all I know at the moment.
Hope that helps, bro.
Now get off my dick about it.:)"

There's something on Reddit that has some rumor post going on. I'll re-type what it's saying:

"Raiden's the main antagonist. Base roster planned to be around 30 characters with 10 as DLC. Plot borrows elements from Deception and Armageddon. Characters that I've seen lots of artwork and rendering include Kano, Li Mei, Noob Saibot, Nitara, Bo Rai' Cho, Johnny Cage, Shang Tsung, Jade, Taven, Daegon, Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs, Frost, Kenshi, Kotal Kahn, Jax, and Onaga.

Characters that died in MKX are not coming back for 11. NPCs in story mode are returning. Story mode will again be chapter base but longer than any previous ones. They're bringing back variations and brutalities too. Game should be out by Spring 2019.

That
Hope that helps, bro.

That is not very convincing... "Game should be out by Spring 2019." Thats the cycle they have been doing since 2011. Plus anyone can just put any random list of characters together. I cant see them bringing back Taven and Daegon

From the list of characters to the fact that they said Brutalities are returning when there has never been a Mortal Kombat that introduced the same special -alities two games in a row to the thought process that we would retread old worn-out storylines that make no sense when Raiden knows the location of all the Kamidogu and Onaga needs Reptiles body to return, Taven can only awaken upon Armageddon, Armageddon means another reboot or the end of the franchise as it represents the end all, be all, they've stated the unlikelihood of NPC fights during story mode happening again, its common knowledge that Mileena, Shinnok, & Quan Chi likely wont return even though Quan Chi is suppose to have the real amulet, and to top it all off we know for sure MK11 is definitely not moving into the 30s bracket when it comes to a base roster anytime soon. The purpose of the NPC fights are so they dont need to have a large roster.

Not to be a dick, but they had friendships two games in a row.

What I wrote was just posted in the Netherkast Facebook group. And since it's considered "rumored", I just posted it here.

I don't believe a single rumor from anyone, even if the source turned out to be true. I just wait for the announcement. There's so many games I have that can literally make me forget that there's a chance a new Mortal Kombat game will be announced. Although I do like rumor vids. They're fun to watch.

The only character I'd like to see return besides my obvious favorite, Sub-Zero, is Frost.... and Shang. That's all I want to throw out there. And why so much focus is on Taven and Daegon... I thought no one liked those characters?

From the list of characters to the fact that they said Brutalities are returning when there has never been a Mortal Kombat that introduced the same special -alities two games in a row to the thought process that we would retread old worn-out storylines that make no sense when Raiden knows the location of all the Kamidogu and Onaga needs Reptiles body to return, Taven can only awaken upon Armageddon, Armageddon means another reboot or the end of the franchise as it represents the end all, be all, they've stated the unlikelihood of NPC fights during story mode happening again, its common knowledge that Mileena, Shinnok, & Quan Chi likely wont return even though Quan Chi is suppose to have the real amulet, and to top it all off we know for sure MK11 is definitely not moving into the 30s bracket when it comes to a base roster anytime soon. The purpose of the NPC fights are so they dont need to have a large roster.

This has to be one of the longest sentences I have ever read.

... Nitara ... Jade, Taven ...

Just having Jade back as a playable character is enough to make me happy, but Nitara and Taven too sounds pretty good to me. Just need Rain, Takeda and Smoke/Enenra (human or demon), then it'd be perfect for me. ♥

That said, I'm not going to believe leaks or rumours, but hey, if this turns out to be true, I'm happy. ^^

That
Hope that helps, bro.

MKX's ending makes me believe that the main antagonists will either be: Liu Kang, Kitana, both or someone else (e.g. Shang Shung, Onaga, Shao Kahn, someone new). I just think that Raiden will pretty much be what he said in the end, someone that shows no mercy to enemies but still fight for the good side. Would that create conflict with the rest of the good guys? Sure it could, but I don't see him as the main antagonist.

Other than that, there was a lot of negative fan feedback for the whole too many human cops and their kids too roster so I don't see them putting three Cages again plus Jax AND Jacqui (Sonya is not listed but yeah). As far as the others go, it seems like a totally fake roster considering how conservative they've been in MKX with 3D era characters. This dude claims we'll get Li Mei, Nitara, Bo Rai' Cho, Taven, Daegon, Frost and Onaga. Onaga could be a possibility, but all the others? MKX only had Kenshi, Shinnok and Quan Chi, an NRS favourite (and fan favourite of course) and two boss-type characters. Bo Rai' Cho and Tanya as DLC and they didn't even give us Fujin after a ton of demand for him. Considering all the above, I sure as hell don't see the base roster having Li Mei, Nitara, Taven, Daegon and Frost.

Last but not least, I am 100% sure we will not have variations in the next MK game, it will be replaced by something new, perhaps Injustice's Gear system + something else or just something else brand new.

Conclusion for me: Fake rumors

If all the characters that died in MKX are not coming back, I can imagine Nitara taking Mileena's place and spotlight.

If all the characters that died in MKX are not coming back, I can imagine Nitara taking Mileena's place and spotlight.

don't get me wrong, I think they are perfectly capable of turning 3d chars good, we've already had proof of that (except for ultra generic pieces of crap such as Kobra and Taven and such maybe). Nitara is in this group where she can be revamped (heh) into something really cool. I just think they were extremely conservative with these characters in MKX and all these on the base roster is just something I don't see happening. If the rumor had Kenshi, Fujin, Tanya, Tremor, Havik and Li Mei maybe, I could believe it but the characters listed are not believable imho

I don't mind Nitara returning in any future game. She's a character that I really don't mind seeing again as long as they fix her. If you have wings, you need to fly. Sorry, that's my number one rule with characters that have wings... unless you're Raziel from Soul Reaver, then it's understandable. :rofl:

I don't mind Nitara returning in any future game. She's a character that I really don't mind seeing again as long as they fix her. If you have wings, you need to fly. Sorry, that's my number one rule with characters that have wings... unless you're Raziel from Soul Reaver, then it's understandable. :rofl:

I can also see Nitara attacking with her wings like performing an uppercut with her wings like Morrigan from Darkstalkers.

I would love to see the 3D MK era characters get the modern MK treatment, just like Kenshi and Tanya got. So to see Nitara and Taven return would be awesome... if that leak turns out to be right. It could be totally fake though, so I'm not getting my hopes up at all. But a man can dream.

I thought Kenshi was one of the better characters that came of the "3D era". The majority of the characters from that era were forgettable though.

The majority of the characters from that era were forgettable though.

That depends on the individual. I remember them well and I can see a lot of potential in a lot of them. Though there are some of them I don't really care about, but I'm still curious to see what NRS could do with them.

don't get me wrong, I think they are perfectly capable of turning 3d chars good, we've already had proof of that (except for ultra generic pieces of crap such as Kobra and Taven and such maybe). Nitara is in this group where she can be revamped (heh) into something really cool. I just think they were extremely conservative with these characters in MKX and all these on the base roster is just something I don't see happening. If the rumor had Kenshi, Fujin, Tanya, Tremor, Havik and Li Mei maybe, I could believe it but the characters listed are not believable imho

And you call yourself Edenian........... ;))