Mortal Kombat 11 rumours

The PS3 & 360 had MKvsDCU and MK9. So the PS4 and XO having MKX and MK11 would make sense. I do think the game will be announced probably soon and still come out in 2019. I think if the game is out for another 5-6 months, there is still time to build up hype and marketing.
According to the current pattern, the release date of MK11 should be April 14th, 2019.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The PS3 & 360 had MKvsDCU and MK9. So the PS4 and XO having MKX and MK11 would make sense. I do think the game will be announced probably soon and still come out in 2019. I think if the game is out for another 5-6 months, there is still time to build up hype and marketing.

Pretty unlikely. If they are breaking the pattern, then it wouldn't be unlikely to expect announcement only next year.

Also let's not forget that there could be a different project in the works.
Or even if they are working on MK11, they are working now with Unreal Engine 4, and it could take them more time to make it, due new system. The Unreal Engine 3 they used for MK9, Injustice, MKX and Injustice 2 was heavily modified to fit their needs. They might be taking extra year (or even two, knowing how difficult software engineering is) to just prep the Engine for the game.

Hopefully they're finally moving onto Unreal 4.
And hopefully a 3rd party is going to give us Shaolin Monks HD/2 in the mean time. I need my MK fix man. And the mobile game def isn't doing it for me.

Hopefully they're finally moving onto Unreal 4.
And hopefully a 3rd party is going to give us Shaolin Monks HD/2 in the mean time. I need my MK fix man. And the mobile game def isn't doing it for me.
The worst case scenario is WB/NRS going Konami on us. We don't want MK pachinkos! We want MK console video games!

I don't think NRS will go Konami on us, or at least I don't think that WB would let that happen.

Whatever it is that they're working on, I'm glad that they're not rushing to reveal it and taking their time with it.
The wait sucks, yeah, but if it means a better end product then I'm all for it.

I could see them doing MK11 for a Fall/Winter 2019 release date if they want more time. That would be at the earliest at this point.

[MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION], a part of me does wonder similarly about what you mentioned as in asking myself "What if NRS / Ed Boon is spearheading 2 projects at once?"
I don't mean that NRS is directly working on both, but (like you touched upon), what if NRS is working on an MK11 game while someone else under the WB umbrella (like Rocksteady, for example) is working on a Shaolin Monks type of game, with Ed Boon supervising both projects?

A dev like Rocksteady, IMO, would be perfect to do that type of action-adventure game justice, that could really surpass the level of quality of Paradox's (aka Midway LA) Shaolin Monks game.

I mean, it would be funny as hell if all of these people are b!tching on Twitter, only for Ed Boon to later be like "Here are the 2 MK-related things that we couldn't talk about before."

[MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION], a part of me does wonder similarly about what you mentioned as in asking myself "What if NRS / Ed Boon is spearheading 2 projects at once?"
I don't mean that NRS is directly working on both, but (like you touched upon), what if NRS is working on an MK11 game while someone else under the WB umbrella (like Rocksteady, for example) is working on a Shaolin Monks type of game, with Ed Boon supervising both projects?

A dev like Rocksteady, IMO, would be perfect to do that type of action-adventure game justice, that could really surpass the level of quality of Paradox's (aka Midway LA) Shaolin Monks game.

I mean, it would be funny as hell if all of these people are b!tching on Twitter, only for Ed Boon to later be like "Here are the 2 MK-related things that we couldn't talk about before."

Yah, but Rocksteady is working on Superman game, so they definitely won't have resources for that.

Yah, but Rocksteady is working on Superman game, so they definitely won't have resources for that.

I was just using them as an example, though, not really saying that it has to be Rocksteady, per se.
Just wondering if Boon could be spearheading / overseeing a 2nd project, via another developer, like he did with Paradox Studios for Shaolin Monks.

Commander said:
(like Rocksteady, for example)
Commander said:
A dev like Rocksteady

I do have a question though. Idk if I ever asked this once before, but how would you all feel if from now on NRS made two different MK games. One is a straight up fighter with all of the normal NRS content except story mode, which means the roster does not adjust to the actual main story even though the Arcade Mode endings still play off of the main story as non-canon endings. The second game is an adventure style game similar to the likes of Yakuza and Shaolin Monks and it continues the story set after MKX with no multiplayer (unless the story can include co-op like Shaolin Monks).

But the caveat is that the first game will just be constantly updated in the manner of MKX (new stage, new brutalities, new moves, ect), and with DLC Seasons similar to Street Fighter V and Killer Instinct (except it'll still have 24-26 characters in the base game), but you won't get a new one for another 6-8 years. The second game will still get a sequel every 3-4 years. Same could apply to Injustice.

[MENTION=12191]kadell[/MENTION], I would prefer it if they did Shaolin Monks (aka action adventure / origin type) games for the Trilogy characters and have the fighting game story being reserved for things going on with the new characters like Takeda, Kotal Kahn, Jacqui, D'Vorah, etc, etc, etc... in MK11.

Yeah, do a Kitana and Jade action-adventure game with other unlockable characters (FOR EXAMPLE), or even a Scorpion and Sub-Zero team up side-story game (like the cancelled Fire and Ice, FOR EXAMPLE), now that they've buried the hatchet, but I hope that NRS can give us more about where the story is heading with these MKX debut and 3D characters for the next sequential fighting game.

Any publisher or developer who prioritizes a 3 year old mobile game over development of that game's sequel on XBone, PS4, and Switch is a Konami kopykat.

They'll announce a new MK whenever it's good-n-ready.
To which I say, time is $$$$$!

Then again, this is the same company that delayed the Android version of the mobile game despite the fact that it was good and ready enough for them to advertise it on television as being available for that port.

Last edited:
Why do you assume that they're prioritizing MKX mobile over MK11 (or whatever they are working on), though?
The people who are working on the mobile game consists of a smaller portion / group of people at NetherRealm Studios, not a whole studio production.
Who's to say that they NetherRealm isn't currently working on the next game (or games) at the moment, and just aren't ready to show something yet?

Plus, the whole MKX mobile Android and MKX main game PC release issues would be a good lesson to learn from the past, and also not announce anything this time until all versions are ready, no?

EDIT:
What good is it for NRS to announce something, only for people on PC or Android to be complaining again that they either don't have it or that it's not working properly?

Last edited:
Why do you assume that they're prioritizing MKX mobile over MK11 (or whatever they are working on), though?
The people who are working on the mobile game consists of a smaller portion / group of people at NetherRealm Studios, not a whole studio production.
Who's to say that they NetherRealm isn't currently working on the next game (or games) at the moment, and just aren't ready to show something yet?

Plus, the whole MKX mobile Android and MKX main game PC release issues would be a good lesson to learn from the past, and also not announce anything this time until all versions are ready, no?

EDIT:
What good is it for NRS to announce something, only for people on PC or Android to be complaining again that they either don't have it or that it's not working properly?
How's this for a lesson?

Unless your mother died, your car broke down, or you are the victim of a Roadside Civil Asset Forfeiture, DON'T BE LATE! Be on time AND complete, no matter what. If it wasn't complete on launch day, then they should've started the job earlier.