Mortal Kombat 11 rumours

I was playing the mobile game again and unlocked a "background" for Vampiress Mileena under Feats Of Strength.
In this section you can preview victory stances for characters if you've unlocked 1 of their feats, even if that character isn't out yet.

I say all of that to say that Vampiress Mileena in MKX Mobile seems like a good look for Nitara to have in a future game, and I wouldn't be opposed to that look.

For reference......

IMG_0042.jpg

Yes, I have taken this Tweet (like any other Boon Tweet) with a grain of salt (of course), but any chance we'll get a Halloween day reveal for MK11?.......

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1054580512709398528

The chances of something be it the next NRS game or Mike Myers as DLC for MKXL to be announced or released on Halloween is slim to none. Like you I’m taking this with a grain of salt.

Maybe Ed Boon is just trolling everyone since most of the time he post stuff on Twitter is bombarded with people spamming MK11 comments non-stop. There is a chance he could hinting at a Horror based fighting game as the next NRS game.

MKXL is WAY past done, so I don't think that'll ever happen, but I was thinking more along the lines of an MK11 announcement.
As for a horror based fighting game, I could eventually see them doing that, but not over another MK or Injustice game, maybe alongside 1 of those.
Again, taking it with a grain of salt.

MKXL is WAY past done, so I don't think that'll ever happen, but I was thinking more along the lines of an MK11 announcement.
As for a horror based fighting game, I could eventually see them doing that, but not over another MK or Injustice game, maybe alongside 1 of those.
Again, taking it with a grain of salt.

MK11 and a horror fighting game would be awesome. If NRS worked with Santa Monica Studios, it'd also be nice to make a fighting game based on the God of War franchise with the MK fighting mechanics! I'd love to play as Aphrodite!!! ;)

If the next NRS game happens to be MK11. Hopefully the mobile game will similar to the MKX with the pace and dashing forward and backwards movement of Injustice 2.

One of things that bugged me about the MKX mobile game was the fact the gameplay was slow and clunky. Hopefully unlocking characters isn’t the same way as it is in Injustice 2 mobile game where you need shards to unlock and upgrade them.

Hopefully unlocking characters isn’t the same way as it is in Injustice 2 mobile game where you need shards to unlock and upgrade them.

Probably what stopped me from playing the I2 mobile game a long time ago.
Shards were a horrible way to unlock and upgrade, given that they were so rare and a pain in the butt to get.
I prefer the souls method of MKX mobile, especially ever since after they added Quest Mode.

If the next NRS game happens to be MK11. Hopefully the mobile game will similar to the MKX with the pace and dashing forward and backwards movement of Injustice 2.

One of things that bugged me about the MKX mobile game was the fact the gameplay was slow and clunky. Hopefully unlocking characters isn’t the same way as it is in Injustice 2 mobile game where you need shards to unlock and upgrade them.

I really hope it won't take more than 50 dollars to max out characters in the next game! That was really harsh on me when I maxed out my Jade.

Why did it cost so much (or anything) for you to max out Jade?
There are hourly and daily quests to gain souls, so there's no need to spend any actual money on the mobile game.
I haven't spent a single dollar and have Jade and Tanya and about 12 other gold cards maxed out.

I know I'll get blasted for saying this but I don't think netherelms next game should be mk11. I'm almost 98 percent positive mk 11 will happen anyway but I have this feeling it will be a souless product with little to no passion just to appease the dark lords at WB's. I sure this has probably already been said but NRS doing something completely unexpected will be a better game. Ed Boon seemed so burnt out back at E3 when he was asked what NRS is working on next. Maybe I'm looking at it in the wrong light but that's my 2 cents.

If that's true then this is a huge problem for me. Not only was Reptile my main, but it could also mean they aren't doing the Outworld vs Earthrealm story that some of the endings teased. Reptile was one of Kotal Kahn's closest allies. You can't do that story without him.

f125013eed3a28d4715d39766ff323c4.jpg

latest

That was like a dream come true when I saw this.

Keep in mind that MKX had few different voice actors when it came to Johnny Cage, Sonya, Sub-Zero, and Reptile than MK9. It’s hard to believe that Reptile won’t be in the next Mortal Kombat game. Maybe they hired someone else to do the voice of Reptile for the Spanish/Portuguese dubbing of the next MK game. Hopefully Kung Lao isn’t in the next game. The guy was useless other than blaming Raiden for his death.

Not totally sold on a new mk release OR character confirmations or lack there of... I've also heard from time to time that the staples of the game Subzero/Scorpion won't be in the new release (this info/rumor/speculation is old news) If the latter is true then that's one copy that will remain on the shelves as far as I'm concerned.

Not totally sold on a new mk release OR character confirmations or lack there of... I've also heard from time to time that the staples of the game Subzero/Scorpion won't be in the new release (this info/rumor/speculation is old news) If the latter is true then that's one copy that will remain on the shelves as far as I'm concerned.
To say that Scorpion and Sub-Zero are staples of MK is an understatement. The fact of the matter is, Mortal Kombat is another name for "The Scorpion and Sub-Zero Show starring Scorpion and Sub-Zero." NRS and WB Games know damn well that scrapping either one of them is extremely bad for business.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I seriously doubt that they'll ever do another game without either of those 2.
The whole MK3 situation was more because Daniel Pesina was fired, but otherwise I'm 99% sure that Scorpion would have been in that game, as per UMK3.

Man, I really hope they're not waiting for next gen to do another game, because I don't see myself buying a new console. I only really use my XB1 for YouTube/Prime/Netflix as it is; I've got plenty of games, but I just don't ever seem to feel like playing any of them. If they announced MK XI for current gen I'd pre-order in a heartbeat, but otherwise it's probably going to be out of my reach. :(

They're working on the game as we speak... No next gen is needed. The only thing they might do is switch engines, something like Unreal 4.

They're working on the game as we speak... No next gen is needed. The only thing they might do is switch engines, something like Unreal 4.

I was hoping they'd be switching to Unreal 4 for awhile now. I was just also hoping we'd get a side project to hold us off during the wait. Like a 3rd party company making Shaolin Monks HD or 2.

Well. As Ed Boon has said before, they're working on their "best game yet". I agree, an engine switch would be great, even though the work they've done with UE3 is spectacular.

I feel that something big is coming our way. It's time for NRS to break the mould. Another 1v1 cutscene fighter would be balls and shouldn't take this much time to make. We had the same formula since MK vs DC.

A mix from their previous works: SM, Deception, MK9/X and something new, not just characters? Now that would be badass.

By the way, I also agree that Reptile in that MKX ending finally found a purpose and needs to be in the next game. Poor thing has been pretty much a jobber since MK2.

Last edited: