Mortal Kombat 11 rumours

A few nights ago I dreamt that the next NRS game was an MK-horror crossover; most of the characters were made-up in my head so I didn't recognize them (you know how weird dreams can be) but people were like ' yeah!' when he dropped a Raiden trailer, but then the bald guy from Carmageddon drove up and ran him over before Reptile jumped on the front of the car and dragged him through the windscreen.

I forget the name now, it was was some weird made-up word beginning with B, but it was a cool dream... although I was really disappointed it wasn't a straight up MK game.

I know Boon has said he'd like to do an MK vs. KI crossover, and also previously spoken of MK vs. horror I think (hence all these guest characters), but I'd be really disappointed if it's anything other than MK11.

I had a dream about MKX a week prior to it's reveal and idk how tf it was possible but D'Vorah, Torr (without Ferra), Kotal, and the desaturated overlay were literally all in my dream only to all be revealed. So you describing the dream (albeit sounds fire) kinda scares me that we might actually get something like that. On one had I'd be okay with it if they actually make all of the characters fit into the story (Jason's appearance fit but storywise he didn't), but on the other hand I'd want the post-MK4 characters to come back.

A few nights ago I dreamt that the next NRS game was an MK-horror crossover; most of the characters were made-up in my head so I didn't recognize them (you know how weird dreams can be) but people were like ' yeah!' when he dropped a Raiden trailer, but then the bald guy from Carmageddon drove up and ran him over before Reptile jumped on the front of the car and dragged him through the windscreen.

I forget the name now, it was was some weird made-up word beginning with B, but it was a cool dream... although I was really disappointed it wasn't a straight up MK game.

I know Boon has said he'd like to do an MK vs. KI crossover, and also previously spoken of MK vs. horror I think (hence all these guest characters), but I'd be really disappointed if it's anything other than MK11.

that was an interesting dream you had. however, the fact the past few cross-over fighting games (i.e. Street Fighter X Tekken) weren't given great review. the chance of the next NRS title of being a cross-over would be slim to none unless WB pushes them to do another MK VS DC Universe.

From what I've read on Reddit and wikileakes OMG. story modes and minigames should be awesome. Don't play much on platforms sadly I play on mobile. Will wait to see if XI is released for mobile devices.

Hate to break it you. What you found out on Reddit and the Wikileakes are 99.9% BS. As for the mobile version of MK11. There will be one, but it will be the same as past NRS mobile games.

They always drop a cinematic trailer a week before E3, then show gameplay during E3

I would be surprised if they have game play footage already, that’s the kind of stuff they realllllly drag out and tease.

I think we’ll get a story trailer A week before. And at e3 they showcase like some inqiqie aspect of the game that’s new

I would be surprised if they have game play footage already, that’s the kind of stuff they realllllly drag out and tease.

I think we’ll get a story trailer A week before. And at e3 they showcase like some inqiqie aspect of the game that’s new

We don't get story trailers until close to launch.

I have a feeling this new mk will merge timelines
This idea doesn’t come from the fake leak
But rather because that would be a way to cater to both old fans and new fans
Giving a fresh story and giving you flexibility for the roster
You don’t tell an old story you’d pull characters from old timelines into current events and see how they’d change things

I hope that this new MK picks up from where MKX left off and does its own thing.
Yeah, 3D era characters like Li Mei should be in, but I don't want the same repeated Deception, DA and MK:A stuff, like how MKX started off being MK4-ish.
I'd rather MK11 have its own unique story rather than the identity crisis that MKX had for its story, where 1 minute it focused on Shinnok, then Outworld Kotal / Mileena, then back to Shinnok.

The ONLY thing that seems plausible with that outlandish leak (IMO) is the possibility of Shao Kahn being a pre-order character, as that seems to be a bit of a noticeable trend from MKX to Injustice 2, to put in a sub-boss / boss character as the "bonus" character.

'I'm glad that NetherRealm heard us and realized "Hey, tag-team is just something that people enjoy.'" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's some utter bullshit if I ever heard any!

I created a whole Tag-team thread on here and asked to have it "stickied" when MK9 was hot because I enjoyed the mode and almost played it exclusively near the time that Freddy dropped as DLC, and aside from myself and some of the usual suspects who commented on that thread, it was pretty much dead.
As soon as the PRO FGC denounced it and said that it was broken, people also dropped it and never ever gave it a second chance.
According to how quickly that thread died and how quickly people were to denounce it in MK9, nah, I'd say that many others didn't really "enjoy" tag team.

I missed tagteam a lot in MKX it was way more balanced than one-on-one in my opinion. When my brother and I would play MKX, we had certain characters who were counters to certain characters. I hate having to hide the cursor just so we can fairly choose characters and HOPE one of us picked a counter for the other. I use Kitana to counter his Raiden and Mileena to counter his Subzero while he uses Raiden to take on Mileena and Subzero to counter Kitana. With tag-team battles in MK9, every match was basically fair. I hope it does return.

Was tag team fun in MK9? You bet.

Was tag team broken? In a way yes pending the teams you used.

What gets me upset is how always the developers cater to the PRO FGC. Which is why Kung Lao was on the MKX roster despite having no roll what so ever other than being punching bag in story mode. Yes they do play and promote their product, but very few of play the game the pure love of it.

The true die-hard fans are the ones the developers should be listening and catering. We are the ones who have kept this franchise alive for 26 years.

If tag-team is coming back in MK11. I hope it’s not the selling point of the game but a separate mode. The reason is because MK would be copying MvC and the latest Dragon Ball fighting game.

The true die-hard fans are the ones the developers should be listening and catering. We are the ones who have kept this franchise alive for 26 years.

If tag-team is coming back in MK11. I hope it’s not the selling point of the game but a separate mode. The reason is because MK would be copying MvC and the latest Dragon Ball fighting game.

While I also wish that they did that, chances are that they'll listen more to where the money is, and unfortunately the majority of people who buy MK are casuals (in the sense that they tend not to be hardcore followers, or generally people who play the game for a little bit then go back to whatever other game they were playing before that MK came out) and those of us who have supported the franchise since 1992 are probably far and few between.

IF Tag Team comes back, I'm guessing that it'll be like in MK9, where you had to choose it separately in the main menu.
My only question is HOW they'll do it, given that combining Tag with variations would seem like a nightmare for them to develop.

I really like Tag-team in 9, and while i agree it probably won't get to much love from the FGC side, hopefully they do tweak it abit from the original, other than that, i hope we can get Chess Kombat back (pipe dreams ik).

So i was thinking about the latest rumors on Mk11 and this is basically my theory. So if true Mk11 will be shown at Combo Breaker
this weekend and in some form will be playable to test out. It also states that tag team is going to be shown. (From my understanding that is) It sounds like tag team is going to be the main focus.
So with the possiblity of an Mk9 feature being the the center point for Mk11 and the fact that there are tourneys for both Mk9 and MkX then what if Mk11 gameplay wise is a mixture of both games so that they can kinda unify the last two games and their fanbase. Hey who knows if my theory is true then Nrs might even reveal Mortal Kombat: Definitive Edition :laugh:

They definitely won't show that on Combo Breaker. That would be a very unwise marketing decision. Not to mention E3 is coming in less than a month. If it will be revealed somewhere, it will be definitely E3. Not a tournament which is being watched by few thousand people.

They definitely won't show that on Combo Breaker. That would be a very unwise marketing decision. Not to mention E3 is coming in less than a month. If it will be revealed somewhere, it will be definitely E3. Not a tournament which is being watched by few thousand people.

Wouldn't be a bad marketing decision. They never show their cinematic trailers at E3. They just drop them out in the open a week or so before the show, then show gameplay during E3 itself. So reserving that cinematic trailer for an event as opposed to just uploading it to YouTube would be fine.

There has been no buzz from Boon though. If they really were going to reveal MK11 tonight, then I'd imagine he'd drop some kind of hint today.

Speaking of Combo Breaker, congratulations to Killer Xinoc for winning the MKXL tournament with Crystalline Tremor.

Back on subject, I think NRS should do a quick glimpse of MK11 teaser trailer (like 2 seconds), and then when E3 comes, they can show all of the teaser trailer on Day 1, follow by gameplay trailer or demonstration on Day 2 or 3.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be a bad marketing decision. They never show their cinematic trailers at E3. They just drop them out in the open a week or so before the show, then show gameplay during E3 itself. So reserving that cinematic trailer for an event as opposed to just uploading it to YouTube would be fine.

There has been no buzz from Boon though. If they really were going to reveal MK11 tonight, then I'd imagine he'd drop some kind of hint today.

What I mean by "bad marketing decision" is that there is no built HYPE for that. Remember MKX announcement trailer? We knew it was coming for weeks. Even the exact date. But right now? Not a single word from Boon. Also both MKX and Injustice 2 cinematics showed up on June. Right before E3. So I really doubt we will see MK11 trailer on Combo Breaker. But hey. I would be pleased to be wrong.

Even though my expectations for MK are... non existent.

Sooo... like I thought. No MK11 trailer at Combo Breaker. But again Ed Boon already made it clear, that there won't be any.

Good news though. If MK11 will be announced on E3, (we can't guarantee that. They could easily take it slower this year.), then we should be getting something next week. Most likely.