Mortal Kombat 11 rumours

When I was taught to be punctual as a young kid, I was also taught that IF you think that you will be running late, to let people know out of common courtesy so that they expect you to be late and you respect their time, and Ed Boon pretty much did that with the GiantBomb E3 interview....

I could understand if E3 came and went without a single word being said and people were upset, but he acknowledged it in an interview and even did a typical Boon troll / joke Tweet about it.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1007486181070630913

First of all. To be late, you need to have a set time. Just, because people assume that MK11 announcement is supposed to come out on this specific time, doesn't mean that it will. NRS can't be blamed for the assumptions of other people. I would understand if NRS hinted at MK related reveal on specific date and then were late. But they didn't say anything, so they can't be late if there is no deadline to begin with.

First of all. To be late, you need to have a set time. Just, because people assume that MK11 announcement is supposed to come out on this specific time, doesn't mean that it will. NRS can't be blamed for the assumptions of other people. I would understand if NRS hinted at MK related reveal on specific date and then were late. But they didn't say anything, so they can't be late if there is no deadline to begin with.

Yes, thank you.
I wish that I could thank this post 1,000 times.

This could explain why there wasn’t a game from NRS at E3 this. The fact that there was an ad for game developers over month ago as well.

This could explain why there wasn’t a game from NRS at E3 this. The fact that there was an ad for game developers over month ago as well.

Someone with some sense. Thank you.

This is the very reason why I'm really getting tired of this toxic, garbage fanbase.
NRS doesn't announce something at E3 and people start assuming the worst, when they don't have the first clue of what's going on.
Heaven forbid that they want to change up their usual way of marketing, but sure they want to purposely be d!cks to the fans. :roll:

Someone with some sense. Thank you.

This is the very reason why I'm really getting tired of this toxic, garbage fanbase.
NRS doesn't announce something at E3 and people start assuming the worst, when they don't have the first clue of what's going on.
Heaven forbid that they want to change up their usual way of marketing, but sure they want to purposely be d!cks to the fans. :roll:

The fact there was a discussion for a few pages with regards the possibility of the NRS team using the unreal 4 engine and the chance of the next game being on the Nintendo Switch during the time of E3 got me thinking with BBBLP has posted from the Kombat Tether. It’s make sense as to why NRS had nothing to show at E3. If some people can’t see that, well then that’s there problem.

What if...... (and this is a BIG "what if" that I'm suggesting).... Ed Boon himself is overseeing a Rocksteady version of a Shaolin Monks type of game while the team at NRS is also simultaneously working on MK11?

I'm not trying to get my hopes up (or anyone else's for that matter), but the reason that I'm thinking that something like that may be slightly possible is because Shaolin Monks came out on September 16, 2005, a mere 13 months prior to Armageddon, by Paradox Studios (Midway's sister company) with Armageddon releasing on October 11, 2006.

Both NRS and Rocksteady are under the WB umbrella, and on a couple of occasions now Ed has Tweeted regarding Rocksteady and NRS games.
Now, I know that Ed is known for joking around, but anyone think that there is a possibility (even if small) that Boon could be overseeing something like that?
Also, I know the rumor is that they (Rocksteady) are supposedly working on a Superman game, but has that been 100% confirmed yet?

What if...... (and this is a BIG "what if" that I'm suggesting).... Ed Boon himself is overseeing a Rocksteady version of a Shaolin Monks type of game while the team at NRS is also simultaneously working on MK11?

I'm not trying to get my hopes up (aor anyone else's), but the reason that I'm thinking that something like that may be slightly possible is because Shaolin Monks came out on September 16, 2005, a mere 13 months before, by Paradox Studios (Midway's sister company) and Armageddon came out on October 11, 2006.

Both NRS and Rocksteady are under the WB umbrella, and on a few occasions now Ed has Tweeted regarding Rocksteady and NRS games.
Now, I know that Ed is known for joking around, but anyone think that there is a possibility (even if small) that Boon could be overseeing something like that?
Also, I know the rumor is that they're supposedly working on a Superman game, but has that been 100% confirmed yet?
You mean the Fire & Ice game we were promised well over a decade ago and have been denied since? That might be a good idea.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

You mean the Fire & Ice game we were promised well over a decade ago and have been denied since? That might be a good idea.

I mean an action / adventure game, in general, but yeah.

Just wondering if there is even a slight possibility of Boon overseeing something like that, and maybe that's why they haven't announced anything, due to maybe 2 things coming out that they (Boon / NRS / Rocksteady) would like to announce later down the road.

I'm not trying to get my hopes up (or anyone else's for that matter), but the reason that I'm thinking that something like that may be slightly possible is because Shaolin Monks came out on September 16, 2005, a mere 13 months prior to Armageddon, by Paradox Studios (Midway's sister company) with Armageddon releasing on October 11, 2006.

Both NRS and Rocksteady are under the WB umbrella, and on a couple of occasions now Ed has Tweeted regarding Rocksteady and NRS games.
Also, I know the rumor is that they (Rocksteady) are supposedly working on a Superman game, but has that been 100% confirmed yet?

If I remember correctly Rocksteady was suppose to have something to show at E3 this year. They apologized on Twitter when they didn’t have anything to show at E3. I wouldn’t be shocked if both Rocksteady and NRS are both working together on game.

The two rumors I have read over the past few years were that Rocksteady was either working on a Superman or TMNT game. But they would be a good fit for a new MK action/adventure game, no doubt.

...Rocksteady was either working on a Superman or TMNT game. But they would be a good fit for a new MK action/adventure game, no doubt.

I would love for the TMNT one to be true for 2 reasons: 1) because I think they'd do an awesome job and 2) Rocksteady making a TMNT game sounds funny, given Shredder's henchmen. :laugh:

As for a possible MK action-adventure game, I know that I brought it up on the last page as well, but it just caught my attention that Boon had re-Tweeted Rocksteady a few times now (2 or 3, IIRC).
And yes.... I know to take everything that Boon Tweets with a grain of salt, but a part of me was wondering.

I would love for the TMNT one to be true for 2 reasons: 1) because I think they'd do an awesome job and 2) Rocksteady making a TMNT game sounds funny, given Shredder's henchmen. :laugh:

As for a possible MK action-adventure game, I know that I brought it up on the last page as well, but it just caught my attention that Boon had re-Tweeted Rocksteady a few times now (2 or 3, IIRC).
And yes.... I know to take everything that Boon Tweets with a grain of salt, but a part of me was wondering.

There seems to be a bit of smoke to each of the rumors. TMNT showing up in Injustice 2 shows that WB has the rights to the turtles characters as well. At this point, any of the rumors could be true.

If NRS are making a Turtles game and not an MK game they can go f u c k themselves.

I never mentioned NRS making a Turtle game ahead of an MK game or instead of and MK game, just wondering on the possibility of Rocksteady either doing a Turtle game or the possibility of an MK action-adventure game with Boon overseeing the progress (of an MK action adventure). Rumors are that Rocksteady is working on a Superman game, but what if they aren't? That's my whole point.

There seems to be a bit of smoke to each of the rumors. TMNT showing up in Injustice 2 shows that WB has the rights to the turtles characters as well. At this point, any of the rumors could be true.

I wouldn't say that WB has the rights to them, but rather the license to use them as DLC in Injustice 2.
As for the "rumors," I'm just speculating and wondering here and not stating anything as facts, regarding whatever it is that Rocksteady may be working on.

What are the next (big) events where something could be announced?

Gamescom is something to keep an eye on next. Personally, I find an announcement there highly likely. Dates are August 21st to 25th

There's also PAX West in September and Playstation Experience in December, but again, and that's just my personal opinion, I still believe we'll have the same release date for the next MK (spring next year) and just a slightly shifted announcement date (in August, in this case)