Mortal Kombat 11 rumours

Well. As Ed Boon has said before, they're working on their "best game yet". I agree, an engine switch would be great, even though the work they've done with UE3 is spectacular.

I feel that something big is coming our way. It's time for NRS to break the mould. Another 1v1 cutscene fighter would be balls and shouldn't take this much time to make. We had the same formula since MK vs DC.

A mix from their previous works: SM, Deception, MK9/X and something new, not just characters? Now that would be badass.

By the way, I also agree that Reptile in that MKX ending finally found a purpose and needs to be in the next game. Poor thing has been pretty much a jobber since MK2.

A story mode like in MK9 and MKX is good. PLUS, there should be a quest mode where it's beat-em up (like MKSM).

I always will love the Konquest Mode from MKDA-MKA. However, the story modes from both MK and Injustice were pretty good as you could see how a character was either badly injured or killed off. Hopefully the story mode in MK11 will be same as Injustice 2 was where you could pick between two characters in their respective chapter and maybe add a future where you could decide to either kill off or keep someone alive.

To say that Scorpion and Sub-Zero are staples of MK is an understatement. The fact of the matter is, Mortal Kombat is another name for "The Scorpion and Sub-Zero Show starring Scorpion and Sub-Zero." NRS and WB Games know damn well that scrapping either one of them is extremely bad for business.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Scorpion and Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat is like Ken and Ryu in Street Fighter. Street Fighter with no Ken and Ryu is not Street Fighter...

Scorpion and Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat is like Ken and Ryu in Street Fighter. Street Fighter with no Ken and Ryu is not Street Fighter...
Exactly! The only thing worse than not having a Mortal Kombat game is having one without Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

And Street Fighter is another name for "The Ryu and Ken Show starring Ryu and Ken."

Like a 3rd party company making Shaolin Monks HD or 2.

I was also kind of hoping that a dev like Rocksteady would do something like this, with Boon's direction / supervision / input, given that they are also under WB and have done a good job with the Batman: Arkham series.

I was also kind of hoping that a dev like Rocksteady would do something like this, with Boon's direction / supervision / input, given that they are also under WB and have done a good job with the Batman: Arkham series.
How about making Fire and Ice a 1980s/1990s style Beat 'em Up (kinda like Final Fight, Streets of Rage, etc)? That genre is in serious need of a revival anyway (and is far more fun to play than the FPSes we have today).

I'd be up for any characters at this point (not only Sub-Zero and Scorpion), but I wouldn't mind if it's either done like that or done up like Shaolin Monks.

They could even do it in the style of the Deception Konquest mode, using portals to get around. Dunno.

It appears to be a HUGE bs...

Right after the mkx roster disaster, they'll never cut this much of fan favorites.

Also, a full shaolin monkish mode inside mk11 is just to heavy and complex to be worth. If it happens, it'll suck.

It appears to be a HUGE bs...

Right after the mkx roster disaster, they'll never cut this much of fan favorites.
Considering how shady WB's business practices has been in the past, cutting fan favorites and selling them back to you as DLC seems very likely. If we learned anything this generation it's people will pay for things that should have already been in the game in the first place.

Also, a full shaolin monkish mode inside mk11 is just to heavy and complex to be worth. If it happens, it'll suck.

According to the supposed ''leak'' NRS will have a four year development cycle for MK11. That is the longest development time NRS has ever been given so It's definitely doable. I think it's a little bit of a knee jerk reaction to say it will ''suck''.

Considering how shady WB's business practices has been in the past, cutting fan favorites and selling them back to you as DLC seems very likely. If we learned anything this generation it's people will pay for things that should have already been in the game in the first place.

According to the supposed ''leak'' NRS will have a four year development cycle for MK11. That is the longest development time NRS has ever been given so It's definitely doable. I think it's a little bit of a knee jerk reaction to say it will ''suck''.
Even worse, WB may hide them behind lootcrates.

Correct if I’m wrong isn’t there going to be a ban on supply drops/loot crates coming into effect?

As people complaining about the MKX roster. This will hopefully be the last time I’ll say this about it. The real issue with the MKX roster was there an extreme lack of diversity (MK4-MKA) characters outside of Quan Chi, Shinnok, and Kenshi and way too many fan favourites from MK-MKT. The MK-MKT era has some the worse characters in the history of Mortal Kombat. However, people are too blind to see it.

Correct if I’m wrong isn’t there going to be a ban on supply drops/loot crates coming into effect?

As people complaining about the MKX roster. This will hopefully be the last time I’ll say this about it. The real issue with the MKX roster was there an extreme lack of diversity (MK4-MKA) characters outside of Quan Chi, Shinnok, and Kenshi and way too many fan favourites from MK-MKT. The MK-MKT era has some the worse characters in the history of Mortal Kombat. However, people are too blind to see it.

The only country I'm aware of that has a lootcrate ban in effect is Belgium (in fact, Square Enix are in the process of pulling 3 mobile games from the Belgian market because of this). In fact, violators in Belgium actually face jail time and fines.

I agree with you 100%.
Couldn't have said it better.
MKX ships with 16 out of 25 characters being from MK9, and a final MKXL roster of 20 MK9 characers, yet people are never happy.
I mean, people were crying because Sindel, Rain, Nightwolf and Kabal weren't in, even after NRS added in the Cyborgs via Triborg.

MKX was filled with klassic stuff everywhere, yet it was still not good enough for some people:
- MK1 and MKII klassic costumes for every single MK1 and MKII character, and yes that includes Raiden and Johnny Cage's MK1 and MKII "Tournament" inspired costumes. (GTFOH with that stupid technicality)
- Klassic Fatalities for almost every MK1 and MKII character, even some previous klassic Fatalities now being called "Brutalities" in MKX.
- The Pit returning as a stage.

I hope that the next MK game has a few more 3D era characters and 2 or 3 more new ones, as well.
I've said it before, but not every game needs to be MK9.
Some klassic characters can be swapped out for other klassic characters, and hopefully the main roster will have more of the characters who haven't had much of a chance to shine since 2006, for once.

Plus, if some of the klassic characters that are gone aren't part of the main storyline, I don't see the harm in them being DLC.
I'm willing to guess that right behind Alien, Jason and Predator, that Triborg was the next best-selling DLC.

I agree with you 100%.
Couldn't have said it better.
MKX ships with 16 out of 25 characters being from MK9, and a final MKXL roster of 20 MK9 characers, yet people are never happy.
I mean, people were crying because Sindel, Rain, Nightwolf and Kabal weren't in, even after NRS added in the Cyborgs via Triborg.

MKX was filled with klassic stuff everywhere, yet it was still not good enough for some people:
- MK1 and MKII klassic costumes for every single MK1 and MKII character, and yes that includes Raiden and Johnny Cage's MK1 and MKII "Tournament" inspired costumes. (GTFOH with that stupid technicality)
- Klassic Fatalities for almost every MK1 and MKII character, even some previous klassic Fatalities now being called "Brutalities" in MKX.
- The Pit returning as a stage.

I hope that the next MK game has a few more 3D era characters and 2 or 3 more new ones, as well.
I've said it before, but not every game needs to be MK9.
Some klassic characters can be swapped out for other klassic characters, and hopefully the main roster will have more of the characters who haven't had much of a chance to shine since 2006, for once.

Plus, if some of the klassic characters that are gone aren't part of the main storyline, I don't see the harm in them being DLC.
I'm willing to guess that right behind Alien, Jason and Predator, that Triborg was the next best-selling DLC.

MKX roster sucked because it had too much Human/Spec Ops focus. We basically had clones of the same character, not because it had MK9 in it.