Mortal Kombat 11 rumours

As the guy who worked on multiple small game projects. Trust me it is nerve wrecking either way. Even if release date is a full year later, that shit goes fast, as mistakes can happen, redesigns can happen, changes in direction can happen. Every single one of those examples can take weeks to do. But again.. we will see. So far it seems only Bethesda has decency not to announce game 5 years earlier, but actually do it at the final stages of development.

I'm not disagreeing that changes in direction or mistakes can happen, though.
I'm with you on that, and yes, anything can happen in production.
My point is that, even if it does get announced at E3 that it's to be released beyond the usual NRS April - May release date, if the end result means a better game, then so be it.

That said, as of MK9, Injustice, MKX and Injustice 2 (IIRC), so far, everything seems to have been on schedule as far as console release dates have gone.
I have no reason (so far) to think that the game is being delayed.

Well we can only wait and see.

MKvsSf is definitely not happening, even though lots of people cried about it. Turns out the rumor was just reignited, after someone read 2017 news about Ed Boon mentioning that he would "entertain the idea" a.k.a it ain't happening. Yoshinori Ono, shot the idea down as well. So that ain't happening. Shame, but well. I guess, I can just daydream.

Actually thought for a second that maybe, just maybe both Ed Boon and Ono grew balls to do it. BUt nope. FAKE NEWS.

Who's conference do they show it at? I would be so disappointed if we dont ter mk in 2019, 4 years is a relatively long time to wait for a game

My guess is also Sony, due to MKX and NRS tending to have a pattern when it comes to certain things.

4 years isn't a long time when they were also making Injustice 2.
Now, I know that everyone here isn't an Injustice franchise fan, but in a way I'm kind of glad that NRS doesn't pump out a new MK every year or 2 like Assassin's Creed used to do, because then people would get fatigued between 1 game and another coming out right after and not care as much.
Whereas, that extra year or 2 makes it more special when we do get an MK game, because it gives MKX time to breathe and people will start getting hyped for the next game again.

I'll agree with that, I would hate for MK to get series fatigue, more time means a better quality game.

I will say this. Since NRS started doing Injustice, in a way it has helped out Mortal Kombat a lot. Not only from keeping Mortal Kombat from getting stale. Also it has helped out keep the creative juices NRS flowing when it came to the Fatalities and Brutalities in MKX and lets not forget the stages interactions were added into MKX as they were in Injustice and Injustice 2.

Not to the extent as it was in MKX. You could only throw objects in MK4 as in MKX you could use cars, ramps, etc. to escape from being cornered.

My point was that Stage Interactions and Stage Transitions are nothing new to the world of Mortal Kombat.
They've been around since MK3 / UMK3, and I'd even go as far as to say that Stage Transitions (in particular) in the first Injustice were influenced by prior MK games, namely the 3D era DA, D, and Armageddon (for stages) and MK4 (for throwing objects).

Nothing against the gear system. It suits Injustice better than Mortal Kombat. Also one of the biggest issues with the gear system in Injustice 2 was that the gear had stats and augmentations tied to them. Also it was pain in the ass to all of the epic and legendary gear.

Agreed, for the most part.
I don’t mind the stats being tied to gear, but I sure as hell did mind certain abilities / special moves locked behind RNG.
Having special moves locked behind loot.... excuse me, mother boxes felt like 1 of the worst decisions NRS has made in a while, especially when some of those special moves and meter burn specials changed up the way that I totally used a character like The Flash.

Trying to get Dick Grayson’s staff so you can play as Nightwing was a real chore. Not only for me but seeing some Youtubers trying to get in the Mother Boxes and the amount times seeing them rage by not getting it is prime example of that.

I'm really surprise what is going on with Mortal Kombat 11? I would imagine Ed Boon would say something by now unless they are taking a break from MK.

EVO 2018 maybe?

Looks like I’ll have more time to get another 1 or 2 LMV’s done in Injustice 2, then.