Mortal Kombat 11 rumours

While nothing was revealed at Combo Breaker, I don't think you would need hype to reveal it and I don't think it would have been a bad marketing decision, especially in this day and age when you have YouTubers like Dynasty and SMGxPrincess who will make a new YouTube video every time that Ed Boon farts.
Fart = Bo Rai Cho. Cup of coffee and a basketball = Kup+ball = Kabal.
Dude can even Tweet about having a cup of joe and playin some ball without people going ape-shit.
So, if some of those uploaders would have seen a teaser / trailer for it at Combo Breaker, WB / NRS would get free advertising without having to do much by having 1 of those people "leak" it out to the public.

Don’t get started with SMGxPrincess. She’s the queen of misleading information. After a CGI trailer wasn’t shown at combo breaker. Within the hour she posted a video with the title “Mortal Kombat 11 Canceled?” Just because a CGI trailer wasn’t reveal at combo breaker doesn’t mean that the game is canceled.

Last edited:
While nothing was revealed at Combo Breaker, I don't think you would need hype to reveal it and I don't think it would have been a bad marketing decision, especially in this day and age when you have YouTubers like Dynasty and SMGxPrincess who will make a new YouTube video every time that Ed Boon farts.
Dude can even Tweet about having a cup of joe and playin some ball without people going ape-shit.
So, if some of those uploaders would have seen a teaser / trailer for it at Combo Breaker, WB / NRS would get free advertising without having to do much by having 1 of those people "leak" it out to the public.

From one point you're right. If someone right now posted an actual leaked footage or art from MK11 on some random Reddit post it would blow up in less than 2 days and everyone would be talking about it. BUT, presentation also matters.

A hyped up, properly done announcement trailer will do you way more good, than a trailer which will be seen by a limited number of people. Trailers aren't only for us, who know MK franchise, but also for those who never saw or heard of MK.

And for that reason a proper presentation needs to be done.

As for those Youtubers. It's like that guy MrBossFTW. Keeps talking about same thing for a week. Or starts making up bullshit predictions, just to have something to talk about.

There are only two things I trust. Official reveal or Reddit leaks (the last one, is shaky, but has a decent ratio, when it comes to being true.)

Last edited:
From one point you're right. If someone right now posted an actual leaked footage or art from MK11 on some random Reddit post it would blow up in less than 2 days and everyone would be talking about it. BUT, presentation also matters.

A hyped up, properly done announcement trailer will do you way more good, than a trailer which will be seen by a limited number of people. Trailers aren't only for us, who know MK franchise, but also for those who never saw or heard of MK.

And for that reason a proper presentation needs to be done.

As for those Youtubers. It's like that guy MrBossFTW. Keeps talking about same thing for a week. Or starts making up bullshit predictions, just to have something to talk about.

There are only two things I trust. Official reveal or Reddit leaks (the last one, is shaky, but has a decent ratio, when it comes to being true.)

I agree that something which gets teased and then later released will likely have a bigger impact, like the Bethesda Fallout teasing that they've currently been doing.

As for trailers, I also agree that they are for both types, but in this day of "leaks" a trailer at an event like Combo Breaker could also build up hype, like how Combo Breaker essentially went nuts when the TMNT were announced for Injustice 2.
While people knew about Enchantress and Atom, not many were likely thinking all 4 of the Turtles would be announced.
So on 1 hand, yes the reveal was said to happen there so people were expecting something, but on the other hand, and event like Combo Breaker for NRS to reveal a trailer for something isn't out of the question.
The Injustice 2 TMNT reveal is likely why people thought that we could have gotten something at Combo Breaker, because that's where the last big character reveal for a NRS game was at, and NRS tends to have a pattern, as even spoken / joked about by Ed himself at the Brazil Game Show.

The YouTubers have gotten to the point where I stopped believing anything that they have to say, a long time ago (around the time of the release of MKXL, when they kept on dragging the topic of KP3).

I don't even trust the MK reddit anymore as it has essentially turned into "my brother's, friend's cousin knows someone that worked there, and this is what they saw."
And, while some of that could turn out to be true, I remember a lot of that "I know someone who works there" crap going on with MK9 and MKX in 2010 and 2014, respectively, which never turned out to be true.
Not to mention, the MK reddit has also turned into "If ___________ isn't in this game, then I'm not buying it," which reminds me of a lot of the horseshit that went around on this site during the time of MKX, with people calling others names for not wanting certain characters in and essentially a "fvck you for having a different opinion than mine" type of attitude.
It's deja vu.

Last edited:
Fair point.

So we can just meet at the middle ground and say. New Game Announcement trailers COULD work at events like that, but aren't likely to be there, knowing Netherrrealm's patterm.

Oh I agree about Reddit. It is a cesspool. But the good thing is if you take your time, there are guys who actually put some good leaks. I usually just check if the guy has the history of legit leaks in the past, to even begin trusting the info.

Good leaks are rare, so you have to do quality check. It's like filtering shit to find gold nuggets.

To be honest. Not even sure what the hell I am doing waiting for this. I already promised myself, that I won't pre-order or buy on day one, even if they will have Frost on a goddamn Cover. Just gonna wait and see. Not even sure if I will even buy it at all.

But also want to play MK.

Those f$%king corporate twats confuse me.

P.S Recently people started talking about Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter being MK11. I don't even dare to think about a gem like that, but it seems the reasoning is that, because Street Fighter 5 is doing badly now and Boon himself said he would want to do it, this feels like a perfect time.

Last edited:
I can agree there in the middle on that.

Unfortunately, it's not just the MK reddit, but just reddit in general.

The only reddit that I DO tend to trust for "leaks" is the Dishonored one, because if there's something Dishonored related that is leaked, it's usually been trustworthy and the people there are hardcore into the lore like I am, so sometimes I even find out things about the lore or gameplay that I hadn't discovered yet.

Eh, I'd be really shocked if anyone aside from Scorpion or Sub-Zero was on the front cover anymore, at least according to the MK9 and MKX pattern.
Hell, even the once infamous MK dragon itself seems like it has lost its icon status for the front cover of games thanks to Scorpion.
The whole Scorpion overload that NRS has has turned me off to getting any of the special editions as of MKX.
I'll still pre-order the regular version of the next MK, so long as there's no situation like the MK9 guest on the main roster going on, and it seems that according to MKX and Injustice 2 that that will be the situation.

Amen to that.

I like Scorpion as a character, but that entire thing, with NRS forcing Scorpion down our throats got old pretty fast. Ok, we get it. Ed Boon likes Scorpion. We get the concept.

But last time I checked, it was Scorpion and Sub Zero, that represent Mortal Kombat. Can't really represent Kombat part with one character. Duels requires two people, not one.
Even so, now that Scorpion and Sub Zero are at peace, I hope they will show something different. If they will shove Scorpion again, that will be just off putting.

Wouldn't get your hopes up on that front, as much as I would like to see someone else Scorp is the posterboy, can only hope they at least pair him up with Sub again on this cover.

Does anyone remember the timespan between the leak of Injustice 2 & the reveal trailer? Same for Raiden's MKX Leak & reveal?

Does anyone remember the timespan between the leak of Injustice 2 & the reveal trailer? Same for Raiden's MKX Leak & reveal?

Literally one day. If you're talking about Injustice 2 leak, which was a poster screenshot. Injustice 2 leak June 7th, and reveal trailer June 8th. Don't remember MKX one.

Wouldn't get your hopes up on that front, as much as I would like to see someone else Scorp is the posterboy, can only hope they at least pair him up with Sub again on this cover.

In all honesty, I'd rather just have the dragon logo on the front cover of the box, or perhaps an MK4 type of thing where it was the dragon logo + a few other characters on the box.
(MK is 1 of the few games where I still get the physical edition, because I'd like to be able to add it to my MK1 thru MKX collection.)
As for the trailer for the new game, now that Scorpion and Sub-Zero have buried the hatchet, as [MENTION=16568]Misucra[/MENTION] said, hopefully they can show them working together against a greater evil (if they just HAVE to have Scorpion in the reveal trailer, yet again).

I'd honestly prefer it if they mix it up a bit and maybe show Takeda, Jacqui and Cassie fighting other foes and then Sub & Scorp helping them, as a way of showing the new and old characters working together and as a symbolic way of passing the torch to the new generation of characters.

And if Boon tweets Gay Pride, Kung Jin will be revealed. :laugh:

My favourite box art designs from past Mortal Kombat games were the Deadly Alliance and Deception ones. Both had the Dragon Logo but with the Roman numeral V dripped with blood (MK:DA) and the Dragon Logo having light shining through it showing Onaga (MK:D). This time if Scorpion and/or Sub-Zero are the cover art for MK 11 it should be for the Deluxe/Collectors Edition where it comes with an exclusive skin and figure of either of them.

I am starting to get a feeling that this year we won't get MK11 announcement. They might have decided to take an extra year for development. It is awfully silent, when it comes to news.

It's possible, wouldnt be mad if they did, build up more hype for it, heh who knows maybe this year we'll get a War Gods sequel.

I am starting to get a feeling that this year we won't get MK11 announcement. They might have decided to take an extra year for development. It is awfully silent, when it comes to news.

I would agree but Maximilian dood made a video saying he's confident that Nrs will announce mk11 at E3. He's known to have every major fighting game dev on speed dial. He did a video a week before predicting Soul Calibur 6 exsistance before it was announced. I'll be shocked if MK11 is a no show at E3. I think due to NDAs and Max wanting clicks he's pretending he's in the dark about it but I think he knows a hell lot more about it than he's letting on.

Last edited:
It is a fair point, but it doesn't guarantee anything. There are reason why I am so skeptical.

1. Maximilian Dood might be the medium through which we can get trustworthy news, but it doesn't mean that changes can't happen at the studio itself. NRS could delay the announcement, due changes or if they see that they need more time. Because the moment you announce the new game, you sit in a tight window.
2. If I remember correctly, the new MK will be using a new engine (Unreal Engine 4) so it might take them extra time to develop the game, with new tools and systems.
3. NRS was going for almost a decade at this pace, they might want to take it a bit slower this time, just to catch breath.

They can announce the game without having to have such a tight release window, though, by saying that it'll be out on another month that isn't April - May of 2019, no?
If November is when they decide to release it (for example), then they're not tied down to that usual April - May time-frame and aren't rushed into having to finish it.