Thread: Mortal Kombat 11 rumours

Emperor of Outworld Nasty_Freak's Avatar
    PSN
    Cassandra_Jade
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Re: Mortal Kombat 11 rumours

Quote Originally Posted by theincubuslord View Post
    You guys remember that male vampire character that was shown in the conceptual phase back in MKDA, but was ultimately replaced by Nitara? He was supposed to go under the name Kahil Grigesh, and he was the first one to wield the blade that Ashrah has, the kris Datusha.

As much as I love Nitara (she's one of my favourites of the 3D era), I'd actually like to see this male vampire make an appearance instead, or some other sexy male vampire. I can't recall a cool male vampire in a fighting game since Demitri in Darkstalkers, and I'm also finding myself rather nostalgic lately towards the Legacy of Kain series.

So it would be cool to have a male vampire character in MK11, kinda in the same style as Raziel:

With or without wings, I'm cool with both... though the wings would be a cool trait to make him other than just another human-looking character who bites people, giving him something that's different from the rest of the roster. He could have them folded while fighting on the ground, and then spread them out when flying up in the air, whether as part of some special moves or give him the actual ability to fly around like Ermac had in MKX and Hawkgirl in IGAU.

If NRS decides to have Nitara return, she could have her wings be like that as well, so they aren't all out there and flopping around like they were in the 3D era games.

Oh, and random fun fact... the Soul Reaver sword in Legacy of Kain had a wavy blade just like the kris Datusha. I just realized that... not saying there is a connection, just found it a funny coincedence. :P

That kind of sword is a Kriss in real life. All of those kinds of swords have that wavy shape.

And speaking of which, maybe Dutasha can be like the Soul Edge of Mortal Kombat.

Defender of EarthRealm
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Freak View Post
    That kind of sword is a Kriss in real life. All of those kinds of swords have that wavy shape.

And speaking of which, maybe Dutasha can be like the Soul Edge of Mortal Kombat.
    Well, not exactly, as a kris is not a sword but rather a dagger-like weapon with a lot shorter blade. The wavy longsword is more like a flamberge.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to theincubuslord For This Useful Post:

Xbox Live
    AAHale
    Steam
    mandead88
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Sounds awful. Probably fake.
    Where's Fujin?

New Kombatant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theincubuslord View Post
    I legit wish they would have MK games dedicated to the minigames. Like a real Motor Kombat stand-alone game with tons of characters with each their unique character power and tons of stages to race in.

Hence why I also don't want Konquest mode to return, because I'd rather they made a new stand-alone adventure game where they can focus their time and energy in making it good, instead of some half-assed mode in a fighting game.
    Same here. I think Motor Kombat could help expand the Mortal Kombat franchise to be something more beyond just a fighting game. Motor Kombat could be their response to Mario Kart. MK even had Mythologies, Special Forces and Shaolin Monks as beat-em-up adventure games. So a full-fledged standalone racing game under the MK umbrella could be a good start.

Tarkatan Warrior subzero ravenwood's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremyravenwood
    PSN
    xnosferatu13x
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From what I've read on Reddit and wikileakes OMG. story modes and minigames should be awesome. Don't play much on platforms sadly I play on mobile. Will wait to see if XI is released for mobile devices.

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Whiteacre View Post
    Same here. I think Motor Kombat could help expand the Mortal Kombat franchise to be something more beyond just a fighting game. Motor Kombat could be their response to Mario Kart. MK even had Mythologies, Special Forces and Shaolin Monks as beat-em-up adventure games. So a full-fledged standalone racing game under the MK umbrella could be a good start.
    For the longest time (after playing through Armageddon and unlocking stuff), the only reason I'd fire it up was for Motor Kombat.
    I spent countless hours playing Motor Kombat.
    The same goes for Deception.
    Loved that game, but my friends and I still fire up the game from time to time, just for Puzzle Kombat.

Xbox Live
    AAHale
    Steam
    mandead88
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I heard something about the IJ2 Legendary Edition being leaked, which I assume is the final edition of that game. If it's now at the end of its content support cycle then hopefully we hear an MK11 announcement in the spring.

That said, I expect NRS to try something else first. For some reason I am doubtful they are working on another (main series) MK game.
    Where's Fujin?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mandead View Post
    I heard something about the IJ2 Legendary Edition being leaked, which I assume is the final edition of that game. If it's now at the end of its content support cycle then hopefully we hear an MK11 announcement in the spring.

That said, I expect NRS to try something else first. For some reason I am doubtful they are working on another (main series) MK game.
    Boon himself confirmed that the last 2 MKs were the best selling ones and that He would be surprised if they didn't do another one.
    I'd say they'll keep making new main MK games for the foreseeable future. they might remaster some of the old games as side projects though.

Source: IGN interview at the DICE awards.
    Mortal Kombat Guests

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)

WB has had terrible luck with porting over games via 3rd party developers, so I doubt that they'll get another company to remaster the old games, and NetherRealm themselves are also usually busy making a current game.

I mean, first it was the HD Kollection that the ball was dropped on, then it was the various issues with MK9 on PC and the various issues with MKX on PC and not addressing those issues until the XL pack came out.

I do think that NRS may give another Shaolin Monks type of action game a try some time later down the road, given that Boon said at the Brazil Game Show that the idea for it was being talked about but they hadn't been working on it.

Xbox Live
    AAHale
    Steam
    mandead88
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Some Dynasty clickbait for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoQrABCoDn4
    Where's Fujin?

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)

At least he doesn't sound as nutty as the people on reddit going "My father's, brother's, nephew's, cousin's former roommate" works at NRS and here are the characters that he saw being worked on.....
    (Kudos to anyone that got that joke without Googling it)

In all seriousness, though, with Ed Boon I've learned to take the "wait-and-see" approach.
    Any time from now to E3 wouldn't be out of the ordinary to start seeing some teases for the next (presumably MK) NRS game.

Xbox Live
    AAHale
    Steam
    mandead88
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yeah, I'm expecting a reveal sometime between now and May, for an April release next year.
    Where's Fujin?

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)

If NRS is as predictable as Ed Boon says, then E3 will probably be the big reveal for whatever comes next.

Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    If NRS is as predictable as Ed Boon says, then E3 will probably be the big reveal for whatever comes next.
    They always drop a cinematic trailer a week before E3, then show gameplay during E3

Xbox Live
    AAHale
    Steam
    mandead88
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Is it still possible to buy MKX DLC (i.e. skins) with Microsoft/Bing points? I am sure this used to be the case and I seem to remember a few regular users here did so in the past, but I've no idea how you do it or whether it is still possible.
    Where's Fujin?

Emperor of Outworld Nasty_Freak's Avatar
    PSN
    Cassandra_Jade
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

There should be 4 levels in the meter. Here is how the meter should work...

Level 1: EX Special Moves

Level 2: Super Attacks (Kind of like Super Combos from the Street Fighter series but with simpler button inputs.)

Level 3: Breakers

Level 4: X-Ray Attack (Should be the most damaging out of all attacks since it does have the most brutal visual next to fatalities and brutalities.)

One X-Ray Attack and one Super Attack.

PSN
    eng_10
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well it's now late/end of April. I bet in the next 2-3 weeks Ed Boon is going to tweet some kryptic soon about the next NRS game (99.9% chance of it being MK 11).
    Give me the belt. Give me the belt. Give me the belt.

Xbox Live
    AAHale
    Steam
    mandead88
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eng_86 View Post
    Well it's now late/end of April. I bet in the next 2-3 weeks Ed Boon is going to tweet some kryptic soon about the next NRS game (99.9% chance of it being MK 11).
    A few nights ago I dreamt that the next NRS game was an MK-horror crossover; most of the characters were made-up in my head so I didn't recognize them (you know how weird dreams can be) but people were like ' yeah!' when he dropped a Raiden trailer, but then the bald guy from Carmageddon drove up and ran him over before Reptile jumped on the front of the car and dragged him through the windscreen.

I forget the name now, it was was some weird made-up word beginning with B, but it was a cool dream... although I was really disappointed it wasn't a straight up MK game.

I know Boon has said he'd like to do an MK vs. KI crossover, and also previously spoken of MK vs. horror I think (hence all these guest characters), but I'd be really disappointed if it's anything other than MK11.
    Where's Fujin?

PSN
    therealkadell
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

A few nights ago I dreamt that the next NRS game was an MK-horror crossover; most of the characters were made-up in my head so I didn't recognize them (you know how weird dreams can be) but people were like ' yeah!' when he dropped a Raiden trailer, but then the bald guy from Carmageddon drove up and ran him over before Reptile jumped on the front of the car and dragged him through the windscreen.

I forget the name now, it was was some weird made-up word beginning with B, but it was a cool dream... although I was really disappointed it wasn't a straight up MK game.

I know Boon has said he'd like to do an MK vs. KI crossover, and also previously spoken of MK vs. horror I think (hence all these guest characters), but I'd be really disappointed if it's anything other than MK11.
    I had a dream about MKX a week prior to it's reveal and idk how tf it was possible but D'Vorah, Torr (without Ferra), Kotal, and the desaturated overlay were literally all in my dream only to all be revealed. So you describing the dream (albeit sounds fire) kinda scares me that we might actually get something like that. On one had I'd be okay with it if they actually make all of the characters fit into the story (Jason's appearance fit but storywise he didn't), but on the other hand I'd want the post-MK4 characters to come back.

PSN
    eng_10
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

that was an interesting dream you had. however, the fact the past few cross-over fighting games (i.e. Street Fighter X Tekken) weren't given great review. the chance of the next NRS title of being a cross-over would be slim to none unless WB pushes them to do another MK VS DC Universe.
    Give me the belt. Give me the belt. Give me the belt.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Eng_86 For This Useful Post:

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information