Mortal Kombat 11 rumours

Yeah, I'm sure they will return in some way. The offline single-player experience is something NRS have shown they care much for in their games, like the Multiverse mode in Injustice 2, so we'll most likely see their newest version of it in MK11. ^^

Don't worry, I'm sure Xenon will throw some shit at people again soon to get some attention.

Until then, let's just move on. ^^

Edit: And right as I was writing this...

You guys remember that male vampire character that was shown in the conceptual phase back in MKDA, but was ultimately replaced by Nitara? He was supposed to go under the name Kahil Grigesh, and he was the first one to wield the blade that Ashrah has, the kris Datusha.

1XeJkjW.jpg

As much as I love Nitara (she's one of my favourites of the 3D era), I'd actually like to see this male vampire make an appearance instead, or some other sexy male vampire. I can't recall a cool male vampire in a fighting game since Demitri in Darkstalkers, and I'm also finding myself rather nostalgic lately towards the Legacy of Kain series.

So it would be cool to have a male vampire character in MK11, kinda in the same style as Raziel:

tumblr_njy6s9ZWlh1t5q9nso1_1280.jpg

With or without wings, I'm cool with both... though the wings would be a cool trait to make him other than just another human-looking character who bites people, giving him something that's different from the rest of the roster. He could have them folded while fighting on the ground, and then spread them out when flying up in the air, whether as part of some special moves or give him the actual ability to fly around like Ermac had in MKX and Hawkgirl in IGAU.

tumblr_njy6s9ZWlh1t5q9nso2_1280.jpg

If NRS decides to have Nitara return, she could have her wings be like that as well, so they aren't all out there and flopping around like they were in the 3D era games.

Oh, and random fun fact... the Soul Reaver sword in Legacy of Kain had a wavy blade just like the kris Datusha. I just realized that... not saying there is a connection, just found it a funny coincedence. :p

iISSHa7.jpg
OCRqLmL.png

I could see this fitting in. And I'm a big fan of revisiting previous concepts - I'd be happy to see many of the unused MK characters be brought into the new games.

I hope to generally see some more 3D era characters remade for a modern MK. ^^
NRS has done some excellent work on the ones we've seen already. Not only is Kenshi now an awesome stable of the series, but seeing the work they did on Bo'Rai Cho, Tanya and even Tremor... and I can't help but bring up Stryker every time this topic is discussed, because DAYUM he's awesome in MK9!

And though they were only NPC's in MKX, we also got to see Sareena and Li Mei who both looked great.

I liked the event towers Mortal Kombat X had.

Who likes event towers? :D

I really liked the event towers.
I love the offline and couch co-op modes in MKX.

I'd also love to see Faction Wars return too, but perhaps if the story is more about different realms, thne it should be more of a Realm War, IMO.
EarthRealm vs NetherRealm, Order Realm vs Chaos Realm, Edenia vs Outworld, etc, etc, etc...........

I'd be happy to see many of the unused MK characters be brought into the new games.

theincubuslord said:
I hope to generally see some more 3D era characters remade for a modern MK. ^^
NRS has done some excellent work on the ones we've seen already.

Yes and yes.
Unfortunately I've used up all of my thanks for the day.

Possible if King Jerrod somehow gets released from Ermac of Kitana is no longer Queen of The Damned. :laugh:
Perhaps even a new character who was previously from Edenia could be the one to restore it to its former glory.

Also, now that Tremor is officially an MK fighting game character, I'd like to see a story about him and The Black Dragon in MK11 or maybe just some more of his background.
We got a bio and ending for him in MKX, but I'd like to see them (NRS) build up his lore a bit more.

Possible if King Jerrod somehow gets released from Ermac of Kitana is no longer Queen of The Damned. :laugh:
Perhaps even a new character who was previously from Edenia could be the one to restore it to its former glory.

I'm hoping Kenshi's and Takeda's arcade endings would become canon, so Taven would be the one to restore Edenia.

The only thing I don't like about Taven is that the mere mention of him makes me go "Oh no, not Armageddon 2.0."
I'm hoping that the MKX story events steered from it far away enough not to have those same events repeating once again.
The MK9 reboot would feel useless (from a lore perspective) if that happened all over.

True, but thing is, I don't think any of the changes that actually happened in the new timeline have done anything to prevent Armageddon. I mean, the death of all the heroes didn't really mean anything, as they are still powerful warriors, but now they're just Revenants instead.

Unless removing Shao Kahn from the equation was enough...

Aside from Shao Kahn, I’m hoping that other events that happen somehow prevented it.
Quan Chi and Shang Tsung never form the Deadly Alliance, so I’m hoping that it also means that the lost army of the Dragon King is never found.

Last edited:
That's a good point. If Taven does wake up, it would be cool if they all went and stopped a lot of things from happening. E.g. finding the DK army and destroying it, maybe Onaga's egg as well, confronting Blaze before he summons the pyramid, stuff like that.

That's a good point. If Taven does wake up, it would be cool if they all went and stopped a lot of things from happening. E.g. finding the DK army and destroying it, maybe Onaga's egg as well, confronting Blaze before he summons the pyramid, stuff like that.

Precisely.
Plus, with Quan Chi being dead, I hope that it means that the the cryptic readings that are used to revive the ancient Dragon King army can't be unlocked.
I'm really hoping that if NRS is incorporating the MKDA / MKD parts of the storyline into the beginning of MK11 like how the beginning of MKX was a bit MK4-ish, that things get changed up to continue the storline, or at least not revert to going back to Armageddon.

If they ever use Taven again, they should give him an extreme revamp and also take away his fire-based powers and turn them into something else.

No they shouldn't.
Delia, Taven's mother, was known as the Lady of Flame and she created a being made of pure fire (Blaze), so it makes perfect sense why Taven can wield fire. However, the way he uses it, his very movelist and such, could indeed need a revamp to make it more unique than just throwing fireballs and punching people. We've already seen that before in special moves.

I do hope he returns with his two-handed greatsword though. ♥

I'd prefer not seeing Taven at all, and I really enjoyed the crap out of Armageddon's Konquest mode. Taven just seemed so fvcking bland, and I know they could easily give him a new personality, but I just personally did not enjoy him. Just like Shujinko, and Deception too had a great Konquest mode. Probably the only thing that I actually liked from Deception.

Also, it would be great not to see Deception's story rise again. I really hated that game, still do to this day. It just brought a lot of yeuck to the series. Mostly this:

2233005-li_mei___onaga.jpg

And I was starting to like Li Mei until I saw this dreadful ending.