Reasonable Khrome Discussion

Black Shroud

After years of struggle for domination across the minds of MK fandom, Khrome undeniably became a staple of MK universe and a hidden all-time favorite of NRS team. This modern shiny phenomenon is something more well-hidden than any other secret character in MK games out there. Unfortunately, unlocking this character through kombat is a battle in which you won't succeed alone. Whether you desire to save the realms and forums from annual Khromegeddon, or you're out for satiating your liquid metal cravings - this time, only a collective effort can fulfill your desire:

https://www.change.org/p/netherreal...life-help-give-birth-to-the-saviour-of-hinpar

Hidden message from "that" part of fandom:
Spoiler:
If you consider yourself a serious gamer, please read this. Here’s your chance to make a difference in one of the best online games ever designed. It’s a chance to make Design Democracy a reality by having your voice heard. If you’re passionate about gaming, and Mortal Kombat in particular, then come support Khrome. If not, then please kindly move on. Thank you.

Enough with lame copycats and palette swaps, there should be one liquid metal character to rule them all. As any fan-propelled character, Khrome has indeed found a reflection if not in Mirror Realm, then at least in fanmade mythos and concepts, something ever-reliable for official games to draw inspiration from. Can Khrome be "anything"? As long as it's not at expense of his identity, otherwise he would amount to being "nothing". That means, a default "non-morphed" look that would set Khrome apart from other characters is a must - as is him having a foothold in existing MK universe.

For those who know me from MK Mugen, you likely also know the most non-imaginative and bland Khrome version possible to grace that engine, ever. If not, see this video:
I consider this a somewhat lazy attempt which is visually almost indistinguishable from Human Smoke - but what to do if there was no better source material than Human Smoke's statue? There's only one correct direction, to create more advanced and unique source, where story and design concepts go hand-in-hand. As Hinpar's ruler, Khrome will become flesh (even if liquid metal one), this is only a question of time and effort for fans and NRS alike.

For the purpose of saving time, we are best to abstain from discussing the obvious and redundant stuff:
-There is a history of official MK games being influenced by external sources
-There is a history of making rumored MK characters into reality
-Khrome's original statue uses UMK3 ninja costume (is that his limit? Nope, and this limit was surpassed by every MK ninja to date)
-Khrome at some point was a barebones concept without much substance (no longer true)
-Many people suffer from writer's block when it comes to handling a liquid metal concept in terms of giving it personality.
-Due to shortage of ideas, past discussions on Khrome have rapidly devolved to something even less desirable than MKDA Reptile.
-A cookie for everyone who got an Alien from beating April Fools tower

This topic will distance from past Khrome discussions (which have failed), and is to be updated with new designs and ideas in the future.

They key idea is the improvement of everything "bland" about this character.

Last edited:
Let's be honest: the ninjas are really what propelled the MK series forward, along with the violence. I see no issue with Khrome becoming a character if they can do something to truly make him unique. That being said, it would be hard to do so if they just kept the base look of a ninja. Something with him having skin similar to Glacius from Killer Instinct would be pretty cool, in my opinion.

MK's ninjas have deviated from the classic ninja look over the time (see Ermac). One could be a male assassin with covered face without looking like a member of japanese ninja clan. There are plenty of ways to cover one's face without resorting to classic MK ninja "black hood & colorful mask" trope.

But no, the developers gave a clearly "ninja"-inspired mask even to Blaze in MKA, as well as the extra ninja costumes for Cassie and Jacqui in MKX. While there are many one-off character tropes in MK (and some not yet present in MK at all, while being mainstays in other fighting games).

Pee-wee Herman certainly knows what Smoke Doll Toy Factory Accidents are...

a939c72c47d8f320a7fe658033e776da.gif

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk