Opinions on the Mortal Kombat movie reboot?

Oh man....... not Kano, Jax, Sindel and the others again........been there, seen that.

I wish they'd adapt the Deadly Alliance, Deception or Armageddon storylines for once

Deception was good. But they should start slow and stick with the first 3 games. Then move on to the other stuff.

Deception was good. But they should start slow and stick with the first 3 games. Then move on to the other stuff.

How could they go any slower than this? We had the games, the first movies, Defenders of the Realm, Shaolin Monks, MK Legacy, the reboot game- all telling the same story.

If they do it again for the movie, I will definitely not go watch it

At WB they want and need to reboot the franchise. They must make a good first movie in order to make sequels. Making movie is a business, has always been. This is why they won't release the first MK movie in 20 years that is not about the very beginning. In case they are successful we will see some further MK story lines in a few years. But I think they would not follow the old time line. After the trilogy they would work with MKX, I guess.

Last edited:
All they have to do to speed up the process while not rushing it is to just pull a Shaolin Monks and go straight for MK2's Storyline. This could be the way the movie goes:
-Lui Kang vs Shang Tsung (with fights like Scorpion vs Subzero being short flashbacks)
-MK2 Story all the way until they rescue Sonya and learn of the upcoming Invasion (Skipping Unnecessary fights/events)
-MK3 Events where Earthrealm is being invaded while the heroes need to return to Earthrealm (No fights needed)
-Nightwolf, Kabal, and Stryker arrive for an MCU Spider-Man style appearance (Fighting Kintaro, Ermac, and Reptile. No Noob in this movie)
-Sindel's Massecure (Keep Kuai Liang Alive since his death meant nothing to his development)
-Kahn Successfully invades (without Raiden's help), kills Lui Kang, gravely injures Kung Lao, and gets defeated by Raiden

-No mentions, cameos, or anything involving members of the Brotherhood of Shadow. Only Scorpion should be in this movie. No mid-credits scene either just incase the movie flops. That way those who like it won't get mad about a cancelled sequel and those who don't will have hope that their won't be a sequel.

After that, they have free reign to tell the stories they want. I know the idea is getting overdone, but I'd suggest a mini-cineverse to fill the holes of the Blood God Story (remixed), The OIA Story, White Lotus Society (with Kung Lao training Kai), and Outworld Civil War leading up to a movie for MK4 & and second half of MKX with Kung Lao, Raiden, or Kai being the one to defeat Shinnok. All I know is that the very last movie HAS to be Armageddon, but done right and only done with the already established characters.