What happened to this place?

Which is why that front page is important. That's what lures new users to begin with. Do new users really type "/forums/forum.php" when they come to this site? I doubt it. That's why the front page is more important than the forum content. When the latest update to the front page was two YEARS ago, it sends a message to new users that this site is not worth visiting.

And it doesn't help that the news archive beyond the front page is not accessible at all. I was looking for evidence on whether or not Injustice got any significant front page coverage on this site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Are you looking for this? http://www.trmk.org/oldnews/ The link from OLDER STORIES is broken though.

There was some coverage of Injustice, just don't expect anything on the level of MK9. MKX didn't have as big of a media frenzy as it's previous iternation, but it potentially had enough to add to the front page every couple of months before MKX went gold and little bit after with seasons 1 and 2.

Last edited:
You can't expect twenty years of johnny on the spot updates, especially when they are menial in nature. Twenty years is obscenely above and beyond the life expectancy from an enthusiast site. Gaming news in nature has changed- is reporting on any whiff of DLC really necessary? It's a conditioned scheming that overall cheapened the 'pizzazz' sites like TRMK delivered. I remember back in MK4 Road Tour and visiting the site, seeing new moves being discovered. Then when the game was released, seeing fatalities being posted- recanted, and posted again. That was COOL news. The whole bag of beans is different now.

I think most people are just burnt out with mkxl. Mk9 was hype because it represented a return to form to classic mk. MKX was just more of the same with a run mechanic.

I've tried reaching out to Patrick, The Admin, on both this site and Facebook asking if I could become a front page author. Got no response

I've tried reaching out to Patrick, The Admin, on both this site and Facebook asking if I could become a front page author. Got no response
And the fact that Patrick himself specifically issued an open invitation for News Editor volunteers makes these "but Pat is busy" excuses fly right out the window! No shit he's busy! That's why he asked for help in the first place! How long does it take for someone to say a simple YES OR NO to someone offering to help your front page when you're the one who asked for help in the first place?

For front page news we need people who like to write, and I'm always open to listen to pitches for people who want to do this, but right now it's just me. Is the front page as important as the forum content? Maybe not, the news hits the forums faster than I can dream to post it.

Anyone interested in writing content for our front page? Send me some samples of your writing via email which can be found by clicking my name here (http://www.trmk.org/about/staff.php) and we can see if we can work something out.
There is the man's word, just to shine a light on it even further.

Last edited:
To be fair, this is simply inexcusable. This site was and still has the potential to be great.

But the higher ups don't care about it and it's dying fast just because of that very same reason.

When the passing of Fergus McGovern, whose company ported the first 2 games to the Genesis, and was directly referenced in BOTH in the Genesis ports, doesn't get covered on the front page, and someone like ME has to post the news in the Mortal Kombat X Media Thread, you know there's a problem.

It could be worse for you all, the bills could go unpaid and the TRMK could go into that purple wrathful Internet tide.

When the passing of Fergus McGovern, whose company ported the first 2 games to the Genesis, and was directly referenced in BOTH in the Genesis ports, doesn't get covered on the front page, and someone like ME has to post the news in the Mortal Kombat X Media Thread, you know there's a problem.

Wait..... Fergus is dead?