REVEALED! The #SecretHistory of #Khrome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her origin is almost exactly the same as to what you're trying to push with Khrome. As to who should be in next games that has nothing to do with potential, it all has to do with popularity, recognition and sales. That's why in MKX they've put Liu Kang, Kung Lao etc as playable & alive characters straight off the bat even though they're walking dead. Any casual player will recognize the classic cast, say "mortal kombat is back aayyyyyyyy" and give $80 or whatever the games will cost in 4 years to WB. As much some people hate the idea of having Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Liu and etc again and again in MKs, they'll keep coming back because they are MK.

I'm not sure what kind of marketing a video game character needs. All they need to do is show a screenshot and people will get hyped up. The new MKX characters looked so out of the place and yet they worked. Tremor and Skarlet, especially the latter being the biggest joke of them all, started from nothing and ended up as likeable characters for most.

Marketing isn't that simple. It worked with new characters, because they were NEW. They were a mystery. That brought curiosity. Khrome? Drop a screenshot of him. You will have happy Khrome supporters and you will have people like this "oh... this guy"

Tremor had the beginnings in MK:SF.

Skarlet? Come on, man. That's easy. That's a sexy female ninja who can bloodbend. Now if Khrome was made into... ahmm Khromia? Then we would see an increase in chance.

Her origin is almost exactly the same as to what you're trying to push with Khrome. As to who should be in next games that has nothing to do with potential, it all has to do with popularity, recognition and sales. That's why in MKX they've put Liu Kang, Kung Lao etc as playable & alive characters straight off the bat even though they're walking dead. Any casual player will recognize the classic cast, say "mortal kombat is back aayyyyyyyy" and give $80 or whatever the games will cost in 4 years to WB. As much some people hate the idea of having Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Liu and etc again and again in MKs, they'll keep coming back because they are MK.

Holy truth. Amen to that.

So? It is 2016, not late 90s where every MK ninja looked the same except the color. Comments like these don't work anymore. "Oh he is a ninja, he will automatically work just fine! No need for any background or anything. Just slap a ninja tag and we are good to go."

Yet people claim that MK has too many ninjas already, even though Ermac became into a mummy sorcerer, while Rain became into some sort of royal exile whose clothing reminds of tropic/desert wanderer.

That is the weakest claim. I still can't understand why you can't understand this massive difference between Rain, Skarlet, Ermac and Khrome. Those guys needed DECADES to become from glitches/color swaps into what they are now. They have a long history. Khrome is like a newborn baby next to them. I mean all this stuff with Khrome started when? 2014. Skarlet, Ermac and Rain were born when? 1993.

That's why I said before it's not a matter of 'if' they will add Chrome, it's a matter of 'when' as Chrome is new to the glitch ninja legacy, so I feel it's gonna happen sooner or later.

Last edited:
Marketing isn't that simple. It worked with new characters, because they were NEW. They were a mystery. That brought curiosity. Khrome? Drop a screenshot of him. You will have happy Khrome supporters and you will have people like this "oh... this guy"

Skarlet? Come on, man. That's easy. That's a sexy female ninja who can bloodbend. Now if Khrome was made into... ahmm Khromia? Then we would see an increase in chance.

Lol I made Khromia up as a joke, just to have a female liquid metal ninja in MK. I might commission another Khromia piece actually. Her old one isn't that nice. If you have any cool ideas as to what would make Khromia look badass let me know.
a97122e035ea4b6dd0c73bc00a012176.jpg

Last edited:

Bo Rai Cho is a character that only a hardcore MK nerd will recognize right away, they've put him into a blurry trailer and wham...It worked. Marketing isn't really that complicated when you're sitting on a merchandise where with the right design and pre-anouncement hype build-up, it pretty much satisfies the majority of people. Especially when people get hungry for a new MK and it isn't being churned out every year like the annual CoD games. :)

Bo Rai Cho is a character that only a hardcore MK nerd will recognize right away, they've put him into a blurry trailer and wham...It worked. Marketing isn't really that complicated when you're sitting on a merchandise where with the right design and pre-anouncement hype build-up, it pretty much satisfies the majority of people. Especially when people get hungry for a new MK and it isn't being churned out every year like the annual CoD games. :)

Yeah... no.

Didn't play any MK games with Bo Rai Cho (as I didn't have console back then) and still knew the guy. You really don't need to be a hardcore MK fan to know him. To be honest he gets mentioned pretty often, so people can check on him. And please, trailer wasn't even close to being blurry. There was enough shown to stir people's curiosity. That was a very bad example.

Lol I made Khromia up as a joke, just to have a female liquid metal ninja in MK. I might commission another Khromia piece actually. Her old one isn't that nice. If you have any cool ideas as to what would make Khromia look badass let me know.
a97122e035ea4b6dd0c73bc00a012176.jpg

I agree on a joke part 1000%. Cause if this is supposed to represent a female version of Khrome... damn... and I thought Khrome male design was lazy.

Please tell me you didn't pay for this.

No shit Ed Boon has no idea what this character can do. I get zero info from this pic. Outfit is some sort of glued paper on the body. High heels made from bones? Yeah that's already a massive minus. Average hairstyle. This hand blade... random. And that mask. I don't understand why Khromia has to be ninja to begin with. MK has enough Ninjas as it is.

I can't tell what kind of fighting style this character is supposed to have as well.

Instead of trying to find a way how to make it badass, you should first concentrate on making a concept which can sell something to begin with. Make it unique. Appearance needs to tell some kind of story or at least give info. Look at Tremor. Big, heavy guy, and his body has earth elements on him. Just by looking at him you can tell he uses earth element as his fighting style. Due his size, you can see he is a moving mountain. Slow, but strong like a rock.

So Khrome/Khromia should concentrate on representing his/her abilities in some way. Because the current concept art for both of them is so bad, that I could sneeze out a better one than these two.

P.S I think it would be safer bet to try to promote female Khromia actually, as Males dominate MK roster by a pretty large margin.

Last edited:
Yeah... no.

Didn't play any MK games with Bo Rai Cho (as I didn't have console back then) and still knew the guy. You really don't need to be a hardcore MK fan to know him. To be honest he gets mentioned pretty often, so people can check on him. And please, trailer wasn't even close to being blurry. There was enough shown to stir people's curiosity. That was a very bad example.
Nothing is bad about that example. It shows that they can put ANYONE in the trailer and it will work. Nobody knew who the fck Kotal was in first reveal, and people still got hyped. Difference is that there are people who know what Khrome should look like.

Nothing is bad about that example. It shows that they can put ANYONE in the trailer and it will work. Nobody knew who the fck Kotal was in first reveal, and people still got hyped. Difference is that there are people who know what Khrome should look like.

It worked with new characters, because they were NEW. They were a mystery. That brought out the curiosity.

I said that already myself. But Khrome is different. A lot of people know him. That means once he is out, there will be a shitton of people posting their reaction to that. Some positive and others negative.

[MENTION=28108]Bounce[/MENTION]
Because it is easy to talk shit without showing something, I made my own design to show a better alternative (didn't finish it yet though, but colors are set)

View attachment 9188
Now this is something I would like to see in MK. Fighter with metal body, who would rip your limbs apart without changing face expressions. Now that's something that could fit MK.

[MENTION=28108]Bounce[/MENTION]
Because it is easy to talk shit without showing something, I made my own design to show a better alternative (didn't finish it yet though, but colors are set)

View attachment 9188
Now this is something I would like to see in MK. Fighter with metal body, who would rip your limbs apart without changing face expressions. Now that's something that could fit MK.

Finish her! Lol I'd like to see the finished piece, it's always interesting to see someone else's take on a character idea.

yea looks good. only problem is that her head is elongated. as if she was going to the nearest hardware store, passed out at the entrance, and the automatic doors kept banging her head for hours until someone decided to pull her outta the way. :)

Will finish it, after I am done with my work. Need to do a massive wall sized DOOM wallpaper with a female Marine.

What about one of Ermac's soul infused with liquid metal and thus Khrome was born?

Yes, then John Connor comes and throws him into a vat of hot lava. /sarcasm

^That makes just as much sense.

The only thing that should be done with Ermac's MKX ending is Shang Tsung coming back.
That non-cannon, toy factory accident should be kept as far away from the actual MK roster as possible.

Yes, then John Connor comes and throws him into a vat of hot lava. /sarcasm

^That makes just as much sense.

The only thing that should be done with Ermac's MKX ending is Shang Tsung coming back.
That non-cannon, toy factory accident should be kept as far away from the actual MK roster as possible.

The Khrome MK11 campaign will go even harder, that's something you can count on.

Ed Boon said 'No' to Chrome being DLC and he gave his reasons why. He also said they don't hate him and it's not that they don't wanna do it but he barely knows who Chrome is because he doesn't have a backstory and that can easily be done by making him a backstory. Chrome is not a fan creation, he was made by PCS Collectibles who are licencing partners. Also Rain started out as a joke and then got made into an actual character the same can happen to Chrome.

LOL. Rain was not a"joke" character.
They even named him Rain and colored him purple because of the artist Prince... doubt you even know who that is. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.