Steve Ritchie Does Shao Kahn Voice LIVE

BrianMinor25

Just found this on Youtube!

From 53:25 to 55:35 to be precise.

It's only a few months old too! I think it's very rare that we get to see Steve Ritchie do his old Shao Kahn voice from the arcade days anywhere, except for his return in MK Shaolin Monks.

Always wanted to hear/see him doing the voice live, but this is pretty disappointing considering Richie could only remember a couple of lines (which I don't blame him for) but the guy asking the question is a moron to ask and then not be able to remember barely any lines. And getting him to say Scorpion's line? Seriously? Ugh... HUGE wasted opportunity.

Always wanted to hear/see him doing the voice live, but this is pretty disappointing considering Richie could only remember a couple of lines (which I don't blame him for) but the guy asking the question is a moron to ask and then not be able to remember barely any lines. And getting him to say Scorpion's line? Seriously? Ugh... HUGE wasted opportunity.

My childhood came rushing back hearing him do kahns voice again. Nrs needs to hire him back and resurrect kahn somehow! The new announcer is so boring.

How does he not remember even one phrase? Only "Finish him" sounded like in the games. That asking dude is also a moron, that knows about Richie doing the Kahn's voice but is asking him to say "Get over here". What a wasted opportunity. I'd like to hear "Pathetic fool", "You will die" and my favorite "Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn".

I really miss this voice in newer games. I don't like the announcer's voice after MK3.

How does he not remember even one phrase?

I know, right? He never even talks about it either, and doesn't seem interested in ever reprising the role. It's weird and sad really, as I don't think (and I could be wrong) that he understands the nostalgia people have over hearing his Shao Kahn/Announcer voice. I... guess he just much prefers pinball machines to VA's for video games?

I know, right? He never even talks about it either, and doesn't seem interested in ever reprising the role. It's weird and sad really, as I don't think (and I could be wrong) that he understands the nostalgia people have over hearing his Shao Kahn/Announcer voice. I... guess he just much prefers pinball machines to VA's for video games?

My own Shao Kahn voice and laughter impressions are not bad, I could replace him :D Maybe I can upload them in few days/weeks. Need to be alone at home or my wife will think WTF

My own Shao Kahn voice and laughter impressions are not bad, I could replace him :D Maybe I can upload them in few days/weeks. Need to be alone at home or my wife will think WTF

HA! I like doing a nice Mark Hamill Joker impression myself, but I never do it when my wife is around either. She knows I do it, but just thinks it's annoying, lol.

I'd like to hear!