Revenants to be revived in the next game?

Since Sub-Zero & Jax were revived in MKX, and with Liu, Kitana & Kung Lao aged mortal selves are nothing but costumes. Who shall be revived next game for a second chance?

Kung Lao can be revived outside of the game and that Jin won't return, but will look after his cousin.

Nightwolf can be revived.

He wasn't a revenant in MKX, but I'd like to see Shang Tsung return.
I've said it before, but (IMO) it would be nice to see Shang Tsung being the main boss with his own plans (for once), rather than being someone else's puppet or partner.

Aside from that, the rest could stay dead, for all I care.
I'd rather see more post-MK3 characters getting a shot at a revamp (like Tanya, Tremor and Shinnok in MKX) or new characters getting a shot at being on the main roster than the same old tired Trilogy roster.
The Trilogy roster is nice for those that want the nostalgia, but I'd rather see the series move forward from MKX.

I'd rather have them work with characters that haven't gotten a chance to rise rather than bringing back the same roster over and over again for the last several games.

Let them stay dead while the new characters get their chance for a second game, and possible characters who could use another game to come back to... Characters that haven't gotten that much of a chance with the fanbase.

Unless they take the route of "Quan Chi still has the real Amulet while Shinnok has the duplicate so he's still alive" I really don't see the revenants ever being revived to there original state. Not even Onaga was able to make Lui Kang look normal again in the original timeline. Nightwolf? Maybe because he does have that power. And if they don't take the route of Quan Chi being alive with the real Amulet, they could use the story of without Quan Chi controlling he, he's able to remove the corruption from his soul and become alive again. Jade could also return in a different form if they utilize the lady in her MK9 ending. They did confirm that Jade's fate shown in Kitana's MKX ending is tied into the lady from Jade's MK9 ending.

We're talking about the revenants brought back to life here.

Yes, I know, and for my opinion, I don't want them to come back to life. I would like to see those characters be replaced by other characters that could use another appearance.

Almost the entire group of revenants would serve little to no purpose if they were to be brought back to life, from my opinion. I am really hoping that X served as THE game to retire some of these characters, even if how they got ended really wasn't the way many were picturing.

I really see no reason to bring them back to life.

Man.... i freekin HOPE they have Motaro as a playable character in MK11 like they did with Goro in MKX... Like I know that they showed Raiden attacking him in story mode of MK9... but... did they actually show him die?.... and its not even a 360 degree game anymore. It went back to its old side-scrolling view so there is NO excuse! Omg remember when they took his back legs away in Armageddon? Oh god.... that was terrible. Lol

you do realize that animating motaro would be a pain in the ass? animating a biped alone to a quality standard takes a lot of effort, that's why motion capture is used to save time while providing more fluent animations. plus he's gonna be huge, bigger than goro or torr.

as for dead characters they should stay dead, including the zombies. liu kang, kung lao, mileena, kitana...good god were they migraine-inducing in this game.

Jade could also return in a different form if they utilize the lady in her MK9 ending. They did confirm that Jade's fate shown in Kitana's MKX ending is tied into the lady from Jade's MK9 ending.

having a character appear in some "different form" is lame
case in point: when onaga took over reptile
either bring back as is or don't bring back at all

Last edited:
I never liked any of them being revenants really. I like Jax's redemption story and the small beats with Sub-Zero in the comic series, but the rest? I mean, if Jax can barely get over being a revenant for around a year, imagine the rest of them. Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Nightwolf, Stryker, and Kabal have spent almost half their entire lives being evil now and I don't know if they'll just "forget" their evil memories during the next revival process or what.

I do kind of like Liu Kang and Kitana being King and Queen of the Netherrealm, but the rest of those I listed are just overkill and I hope they somehow get revived. It really depends on how interesting their story can be.

Unless they take the route of "Quan Chi still has the real Amulet while Shinnok has the duplicate so he's still alive" I really don't see the revenants ever being revived to there original state. Not even Onaga was able to make Lui Kang look normal again in the original timeline. Nightwolf? Maybe because he does have that power. And if they don't take the route of Quan Chi being alive with the real Amulet, they could use the story of without Quan Chi controlling he, he's able to remove the corruption from his soul and become alive again. Jade could also return in a different form if they utilize the lady in her MK9 ending. They did confirm that Jade's fate shown in Kitana's MKX ending is tied into the lady from Jade's MK9 ending.
What if...
There is knowledge of the spell that can revive them without Quan Chi needing to do so by somebody else?

what if they all just stay dead?
You are not suggesting that NRS are going to just kill off two of the most popular characters in the MK franchise are you?:shock:
What if they all just stay dead? Hmm...I don't know. Maybe just kill them off for good?
Can't see that happening with Liu Kang, Kitana and Sindel.
Re: character development; yep. Emperor and Emperess Liu Kang and Kitana have wishes to conquer other realms, along with the latter wishing to return to Edenia. Add Jade to that trio as well, and then you have a potential story line to work with and one who has not got too much of the spotlight or been in too many games.
What could possibly go wrong? Good, bad, neutral, dead or alive?

You are not suggesting that NRS are going to just kill off two of the most popular characters in the MK franchise are you?:shock:
What if they all just stay dead? Hmm...I don't know. Maybe just kill them off for good?
Re: character development; yep. Emperor and Emperess Liu Kang and Kitana have wishes to conquer other realms, along with the latter wishing to return to Edenia. Add Jade to that trio as well, and then you have a potential story line to work with and one who has not got too much of the spotlight or been in too many games.

well im just saying im tired of the same 10-15 characters in every mk game. who cares how popular they are? every mk game doesnt need to be mk trilogy with a few more characters. they should leave those characters out for several games and let other characters get popular.

IIRC, MK4 didn't have Mileena, Kitana, Kung Lao or Sindel and that turned out to be pretty good.

Also, why can't Liu Kang and Kitana just be the NetherRealm revenant bosses for MK11, and stay off the main roster?
Why isn't that a possibility?
Oh, that's right, because people will b****, moan, complain and threaten NRS workers if those 2 characters aren't playable.
It's bad enough that 1 dumb Reiko fan threatened to rape a NRS worker's wife and daughter if Reiko wasn't in.
I can't imagine what unbelievable lows people will stoop to if 2 much more famous characters aren't in the game.
Sometimes I'm ashamed to associate myself with the MK fanbase.

well im just saying im tired of the same 10-15 characters in every mk game. who cares how popular they are? every mk game doesnt need to be mk trilogy with a few more characters. they should leave those characters out for several games and let other characters get popular.
I was being sarcastic with my first question Destroyer. To even suggest that the revenants be revived next game hints at people saying that I'm suggesting the ALL revenants become playable characters in the next one, and that's not the case in point made.
Besides, so what if they're revived? Why can't somebody else become ruler of the Netherrealm?
And as for other characters, like who?

Last edited:
IIRC, MK4 didn't have Mileena, Kitana, Kung Lao or Sindel and that turned out to be pretty good.
And yet three of them were in it when the extended Gold version came out. Also IIRC MK4 was one of the least popular franchise games to come out. Not saying though that it was unpopular.

Also, why can't Liu Kang and Kitana just be the NetherRealm revenant bosses for MK11, and stay off the main roster?
Why isn't that a possibility?
Oh, that's right, because people will b****, moan, complain and threaten NRS workers if those 2 characters aren't playable.
It's bad enough that 1 dumb Reiko fan threatened to rape a NRS worker's wife and daughter if Reiko wasn't in.
I can't imagine what unbelievable lows people will stoop to if 2 much more famous characters aren't in the game.
Sometimes I'm ashamed to associate myself with the MK fanbase.
Yep. Sadly for you and for some others they'll probably be in the next one because of this and it's what is wanted.
Oh, BTW Commander, it's two revenants at most that I'm suggesting be playable characters in the next instalment.

Last edited: