Christopher Lambert to return to the new Mortal Kombat movie as Raiden!

NathanCorsini

In a loaded exclusive, Lambert revealed that he has been in talks about reprising the role of Raiden for a Mortal Kombat film that could redefine the computer game movie sub-genre as we know it.

“They have a great idea for the third one,” he said. “It will be very different.”

Though details remain scarce, and the film remains very much at the developmental stage, Lambert revealed that the new-look Mortal Kombat movie could have one particular ace up its sleeve: inter-dimensional time travel.

Link to the full thing: http://loaded.co.uk/exclusive-new-mortal-kombat-movie-is-in-the-works/

I'm ready

giphy.gif

I hope this isn't connected to the first two films which is what he makes it sound like.

But if it is, maybe the "inter-dimentional time travel" means it would be like MK9 and will reboot the series in a clever way. Which would be for the best.

Interesting though. They need to get something going soon. Its been too damn long.

Yeah, i'm hoping it doesn't have any connection with the previous movies.

It would be a good idea to release it close to MK11. But seriously, i've lost my hopes with this movie, i've been listening they're doing it for years and still nothing.

If they're going to reboot the movie series, ala time-travel (via MK9), then they should have Quan Chi being the instigator of the feud between Scorpion and Bi-Han.
Quan Chi works in the MK story as the necromancer who can bring people back from the dead, so that the whole "no one really stays dead in MK" stigma can also be passed over to the movie format. :laugh:

I hope Scorpion actually loses this time. I'm kinda getting exhausted with the story of MK1 when the outcome of everything is pretty much the same. Just like Bi Han win and spare Scorpion and just kill Subzero off with someone else later in the tournament. Also, they need to bring more post UMK3 characters like Tanya, Fujin, Kai, Bo Rai Cho, and other Outworld/Earthrealm characters that have been hiding in the shadows.

I think they should play more klassic on the first movie (Raiden, Kitana, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Sonya, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage...), to make people really love it. Then, later, they can bring more hardcore characters like Tanya and even Fujin.

And yes, don't make the story to turn around Scorpion and Sub-Zero, that would be stupid.

First let me just say I love MK for the characters and mythology and am really passionate about the franchise - but the first movie sucked in my opinion. Literally one of the worst films I've ever seen. And the sequel was even worse. Really painfully difficult to get through. So I was kinda hoping the new movie would be brand new, closer to the original trilogy character looks and backstories. And the story of the movie similar to MK9's story mode (which I absolutely loved). So I find this news very disappointing.

A third MK film has been bait-and-switched quite a bit over the last 11 years at the very least. Until I see an official trailer, it's bullshit. And to be honest, I don't think Boon even has knowledge of the movie situation, because I doubt he has any involvement in the film industry. I think his denial is strictly his own opinion over whether or not the reports are true.

I hope Scorpion actually loses this time. I'm kinda getting exhausted with the story of MK1 when the outcome of everything is pretty much the same. Just like Bi Han win and spare Scorpion and just kill Subzero off with someone else later in the tournament.

They already did that in the first film. Liu Kang killed Bi-Han in that one and Scorpion didn't even get a chance because Johnny Cage kicked his ass. It's time for the films to be faithful to the Source Material in totality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't mind a little deviation in the story.
MK9 deviated from the source material and people praised that game, so why not a little deviation for a possible movie?
I'd like to see a situation where for once doesn't get killed and doesn't become Noob Saibot, or perhaps even where Quan Chi interferes with Raiden's time travel and there's a bit of a butterfly effect going on because of it.

It's weird, with Boon denying it and with the Lambert interview, I'm not really sure WHAT'S going on. Is the website even a reliable source that ACTUALLY interviewed Lambert or was that made up you think?

After the abomination of MK Annihilation and quick recasting of characters, I really hope that it's a total reboot and in no way connected like MK9's time travel changes. As much as I liked the first MK movie, I kind of just want it to be as fresh and original as possible, and to have no corny ties to the original 2, but that's just my thoughts on it.

If anything, I can see it stemming from the Legacy web series.

Yeah, i'm hoping it doesn't have any connection with the previous movies.

It would be a good idea to release it close to MK11. But seriously, i've lost my hopes with this movie, i've been listening they're doing it for years and still nothing.

I am with you on this one