Who do you want for Kombat Pack 3?

Fine.
I'll concede and give you that (as far as retconning is concerned), but Cyber Sub-Zero is still non-existent as of the MKX comics which take place between MK9 and MKX (the game).
The point that I want you to realize is that Kuai continually exists, but the cyborg no longer does.
Cyber Smoke is still NOT canon in this new timeline, though (which has not been addressed and skipped right over, btw), and therefore if any part of it is non-canon, then the whole thing (Triborg) cannot be taken for its truth.

Jesus..

The past still exists in the timeline. Like in real life.

We've gotten over the whole CSZ thing.

That said, the past (MK1 thru MK:A) exists in a parallel timeline, not the same one.

In the old timeline Shao Kahn has killed Raiden and become the all powerful ruler of everything.
That is true, even until now.
Ever since the timeline split and Raiden's amulet cracked, though, a new timeline was created from that starting point (MK9)

As of MK9, the new timeline, Cyber Smoke does not exist.
Therefore, as of MK9, Cyber Smoke is non-canon.
If any part of Triborg is non-canon, then I don't consider him to be a canon character.

Think of it like Back To The Future II.
When Biff goes back into the past and changes things, the reality that was previously known ceases to exist, and this new reality takes its place.
Thus, a new reality.
Ed Boon even said so himself at E3 2014 that the timeline split and they were doing a Back To The Future type of thing.

Ed Boon said:
The timeline for Mortal Kombat itself skews, it does a Back to the Future thing.

http://www.trmk.org/features/interview_mortal_kombat_x_ed_boon_e3_2014

Smoke being automized is non-canon, but Cyber Smoke isn't. There were plans for him somewhere in the Lin Kuei's base, you can see it in Raiden's vision right before they try to capture Smoke.

Soooooo, Kuai-Liang couldn't have also destroyed those plans when he destroyed the entire cyber Lin Kuei?
That's also a very real possibility.
Triborg (not Cyax, Sektor and Cyber Sub-Zero) -the Triborg character itself- is nowhere in the MKX comics, and nowhere in the MKX story.
As far as Cyrax, Sektor and CSZ are concerned, what is canon is that Cyrax went AWOL, Sektor is in pieces and CSZ got turned back to human Sub-Zero.

Triborg's bio and XL / KP2 trailer are nothing more than a glorified "what if" scenario, much like Leatherface appearing in the forest and killing Ermac or Alien coming from Baraka.
Much like the defaults of living Kung Lao, living Liu Kang and living Kitana, none of it can really be taken for its truth, per se.

I don't see the DLC characters as canon, unless shown in Story Mode.
So Rain and Kenshi weren't canon in MK9, and Tremor and Triborg aren't canon in MKX.
And of course none of the characters are canon either.

I don't see the DLC characters as canon, unless shown in Story Mode.
So Rain and Kenshi weren't canon in MK9, and Tremor and Triborg aren't canon in MKX.
And of course none of the characters are canon either.

Agreed on Rain and Kenshi in MK9.
Tremor was in the MKX comics, but I agree as far as Triborg goes.

Tremor is canon though. He's in the comic. And Kenshi fought in the tournament of MK9, you can hear Shang Tsung shout his name during a cutscene.

We'll obviously just have to wait, but honestly I don't see why. Chameleon, Khameleon and Mokap have all been canon. Why would Triborg be an exception? Even if you honestly think he contradicts the story, NRS can easily explain his existence (considering they already did with his bio, but "lol nuh uh" I guess)

Agreed on Rain and Kenshi in MK9.
Tremor was in the MKX comics, but I agree as far as Triborg goes.

Tremor is canon in the comics, true. But not in the game's story scenario.
Rain and Kenshi are still canon as far as the new timeline goes, but they didn't partake in MK9's story.
As for Triborg, he is nowhere to be seen in any of the canon material so far.

We'll obviously just have to wait, but honestly I don't see why. Chameleon, Khameleon and Mokap have all been canon. Why would Triborg be an exception? Even if you honestly think he contradicts the story, NRS can easily explain his existence (considering they already did with his bio, but "lol nuh uh" I guess)

Simple.
The reason why Triborg could also be non-canon in MK11 is because perhaps NRS has other plans for Sektor, Cyrax and human Smoke to flesh them out better, that we don't know about, thus not needing to use Triborg.

You're answer is "Sektor takes over the Triborg and he comes back that way," but what if NRS doesn't end up doing that?
I also had a plausible theory about MKX Sub-Zero possibly being Bi-Han by surviving the Soulnado or perhaps being a brand new Sub-Zero altogether, but we all know that none of that panned out, and NRS went a different route with Kuai-Liang.

Tremor is canon in the comics, true. But not in the game's story scenario.
Rain and Kenshi are still canon as far as the new timeline goes, but they didn't partake in MK9's story.
As for Triborg, he is nowhere to be seen in any of the canon material so far.

I agree with you about Tremor, Rain and Kenshi, but some can argue that the MKX comics are canon, given that the Reiko accords are mentioned in the MKX game.
Again, I agree 100% on Triborg.

We're long past that. Read further than the post you quoted and you'll see.

I know. Felt it was important to say in general.

The past never ceases to exist. It just exists in the a different dimension of time. Like chapters in a book. Just because you got to chapter 2, doesn't mean chapter 1 is going to vanish.

Yup.
Exactly.
Much like Back To The Future II, everything that takes place from when the the timeline skewed into a new path is part of the new timeline canon, going forward.
Everything that took place before the skew in the timeline is part of the old canon.

How about beginning development of MK11 the day Injustice 2 goes gold instead of a KP3?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

The petition is only asking for 100 signatures and people want 7 characters to be included?
Not happening.
I think the Tremor petition was something like 5K signatures, and people had been begging for Tremor ever since MK9 (2011).

Hell, I'd be surprised if KP3 was happening at all, at this point.

4 months before the usual mid-April release date for NRS games (likely mid-April again for I2)???
Again, sorry to be pessimistic, but I highly doubt it.
I'm pretty sure that NRS is more focused on making sure the rest of the I2 roster gets done and balanced before mid-April.