Injustice 2 Media and Discussion Thread!

Holy shit!!! His Omega Beams are completely savage. It's like you can only block, especially for his super since that stays around until it makes contact with the opponent.

Dude is a beast, I would expect nothing less

I'm getting zod vibes like crazy with the way he uses his beams and minions. The zoning seems out of control in this game lol. It will be interesting to see how NRS balances rushing and zoning. The roll mechanic that they implemented might negate all of my concerns though.

I'm getting zod vibes like crazy with the way he uses his beams and minions. The zoning seems out of control in this game lol. It will be interesting to see how NRS balances rushing and zoning. The roll mechanic that they implemented might negate all of my concerns though.

What roll mechanic?

Darkseid looks like a total beast. It's like everyone is an ant compared to him. I don't want to jinx this, but this looks like the best NRS game so far, and probably FG.

What roll mechanic?

You can spend a bar of meter to roll forward and evade zoning attacks similar to king of fighters mechanics. It's nothing new to fighting games but is a welcome feature to deal with mindless zoning.

Story could never stop Joker from being in this game. He's still dead lmao, he's just a hallucination

2lcl355.jpg

I was hoping for a heath ledger skin but I'm not complaining.

The chances of a Ledger skin is extremely unlikely though. Because in order to get the likeness rights, they would have to ask Ledger's family as well to be allowed since it is posthumous.

They own the character, however they don't own Ledger's likeness and they'll still need to get consent from his family. Otherwise they could get sued.
LucasFilm was heavily rumored to be in talks with Todd Fisher and Billie Lourd to use Carrie Fisher's likeness for both CGI and archival footage for Star Wars Episode IX, and these rumors surfaced in the aftermath of Fisher's death. Although such rumors have been debunked by Disney, LucasFilm, and Sequel Trilogy producer Kathleen Kennedy (to the point where Kennedy outright confirmed that Princess/General Leia would not be in Episode IX at all), the Carrie Fisher rumors alone still illustrate this exact point; your likeness is your intellectual property and yours alone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

LucasFilm was heavily rumored to be in talks with Todd Fisher and Billie Lourd to use Carrie Fisher's likeness for both CGI and archival footage for Star Wars Episode IX, and these rumors surfaced in the aftermath of Fisher's death. Although such rumors have been debunked by Disney, LucasFilm, and Sequel Trilogy producer Kathleen Kennedy (to the point where Kennedy outright confirmed that Princess/General Leia would not be in Episode IX at all), the Carrie Fisher rumors alone still illustrate this exact point; your likeness is your intellectual property and yours alone.

I think that's awfully ironic considering Disney had no problem using a cgi Peter Cushing (Morr Wilhuf Tarken for those who don't know their star wars lore) who died back in 1994 as a cameo in rouge one. I wonder if Cushing's family feels the same or did they just take the check?

Last edited:
I think that's aweful ironic considering Disney had no problem using a cgi Peter Cush (Morr Wilhuf Tarken for those who don't know their star wars lore) who died back in 1994 in rouge one. I wonder if Cushes family feels the same or did they just take the check?
Not only did Disney/LucasFilm have the consent of Peter Cushing's estate to recreate his likeness via CGI, but the estate was heavily involved in it as well.

Not only did Disney/LucasFilm have the consent of Peter Cushing's estate to recreate his likeness via CGI, but the estate was heavily involved in it as well.

Sounds like they took the check. I think is kinda morbid but that's coming from the guy that wanted a heath ledger skin for the joker so....

Last edited:
Meh.
Kitana, Kung Lao and Kitana were also undead revenants in MKX, so it doesn't really surprise me much that he's playable.
MKX proved that dead / undead / revenants doesn't necessarily = unplayable.
Plus, he's the most iconic villain in the Batman universe.

Weren't there plans for the Joker to cheat death in the 90s films before the negative reaction to Batman & Robin led to that being shitcanned and later rebooted with Nolan at the helm?

I don't recall any plans about Joker cheating death in the original Batman movie series. However there were plans for a fifth film where Harley Quinn would have been one of the villains. In that version she would had been Joker's daughter seeking revenge for his death.