Injustice 2 Media and Discussion Thread!

One of Boon's other Tweets could also imply the trailer and / or watchtower on the 9th (Friday), as well, but now I sound like 1 of those people who takes all of his Tweets out of context.

One of Boon's other Tweets could also imply the trailer and / or watchtower on the 9th (Friday), as well, but now I sound like 1 of those people who takes all of his Tweets out of context.

Sounds about right. Every character so far has come out early in the month.

Looks like I was right about this.....
IMO, that looks like it's a grab or a command grab, just prematurely judging by the way that Black Manta is standing.

and maybe even right about this....

That said, it's possible their character power probably is ↓, →, or ← + character power button to swap a different Turtle in and out.

Seems like their character power is similar to Dex-Starr as far as having another Turtle in as a sidekick.

Good to see that you can pick between the 4 of them.

The more I saw with the turtles... the more I got excited about what NRS will do with the next Mortal Kombat. I would love to have Jade spinning her staff like Donatello did, Mileena doing some of those sai combos Raphael has, etc.

As for the turtles themselves... gonna try them out next Tuesday, but I honestly don't really care about their inclusion. Would still rather see those moves be given to other characters.

I can say this though... MK11 is going to be awesome!

I like the way that they handled all 4 via weapon selection, and that the weapon selection for each will be available from the start.
Just put a different weapon on each loadout, and voila, select between the 4 from the main menu.
Plus, it was cool to see that each Turtle has a different Character Power, as well, based off of their personality and style.

Red Hood.

Red Hood is considered one of the greatest disappointments in the game. Not sure what you see in him.

Triborg was just melting 4 clone-characters into one, utilizing the Variation system to maintain each of the cyborgs' special moves. It might be a prelude to the effort put into the turtles, but it's not the same.

As for Atom... they did make him rather unique, so yeah, good on NRS for that one.

From what I understand, Starfire was kinda a disappointment as well, not adding anything unique to the game. Enchantress, however, had a lot of different and interesting things added to her playstyle, making her rather unique from the rest. She is more creative than what she could have become, which is another projectile based spellcaster character.

Though the turtles have some moves that other characters have had in NRS games, like a dive kick, a cannon ball move, a multi-hitting weapon move etc, NRS have gone beyond than what they could have done - which is just making one character with a few assists, which is already in the game as seen with Harley and Cyborg - making sure that each turtle feels unique (yes, kinda like Triborg, but some steps further)... The difference is that Triborg was more a means to an end, to somehow put the cyborgs into MKX without having to give each of them a unique spot on the roster. The Variation system allowed that. Injustice 2 doesn't have a Variation system, yet for the turtles, NRS kinda put it into the game JUST for the turtles' sake... and they are freaking guest characters.