Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Interview with TABMOK99!

  1. #1
    Kombatant
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Age
    30
    Posts
    142
    Thanked: 29
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Interview with TABMOK99!

    Hey all,

    I figured Tabmok99 might post it, but I'm gonna jump the gun and post it!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VW1yYZRs6w

    Recently I sat down with Tabmok99 and we spoke about the MK Encyclopedia project which has since gained steam. We created prototypes, actual physical books and sent them to Prima Games and Warner Bros. We also have one at the Galloping Ghost Arcade. John Vogel, Daniel Pesina, and Carlos Pesina have all seen the prototype as well.

    You can check out our mock ups and pages for what we are pitching at:
    https://twitter.com/encyclopediamk

    If you have not signed the petition, please do so!

    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/553/4...-encyclopedia/


  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ninja_arts For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Hollywood Superstar NathanCorsini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Age
    25
    Posts
    982
    PSN
    NathanCorsini
    Thanked: 222
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Interview with TABMOK99!

    I really wish this will happen. It's so sad that seems Boon doesn't give a about it. What did John Vogel said when he saw it?

  4. #3
    Kombatant mattteo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Age
    37
    Posts
    220
    Thanked: 29
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Interview with TABMOK99!

    I don't know....it just looks like the MK wikia, which is a push of a button away.
    The MK encyclopedia should contain a detailed world of the universe (like the World of Ice and Fire) with a timeline of events encompassing the previous civilizations (cryomancers, enenras, saurians etc), the grand events and Wars of the past 100.000 years, the MK tournaments won by each realm, the Protector Gods for every realm and so on...

    It should at least include more information about the 3D characters, not just half a page for those and 2 pages full of what everyone already knows about Scorpion.

  5. #4
    Shaolin Monk kadell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The States (South)
    Posts
    1,096
    PSN
    therealkadell
    Thanked: 152
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Interview with TABMOK99!

    Another thing I just thought about is the continuity errors with the current Timeline vs the Original Timeline. Will it accommodate both separately or will a lot of stuff get scrapped?

  6. #5
    Kombatant
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Age
    30
    Posts
    142
    Thanked: 29
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Interview with TABMOK99!

    Happy to answer both questions.

    The pages you see are "MOCK UPS" and only that. They're meant to give a visual to an idea to executives and publishers, and we took it a step further by making it physical so they can sit down with it and look through it. It is by no means a final design or how this book, should it get made, will look. We speak to that in the interview and this is only a pitch. The final book would have all that type of stuff - races, wars, who won what tournament, etc.

    Also, I would assume that it would include both timelines. Given the time constraints we worked with, we could only do a handful of characters and only one page per. Our intention is to see 25 years of Mortal Kombat outlined in said Encyclopedia. We understand the concerns, but we are pushing and asking every time for completeness here. Our "Mock Ups" are by no means that.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ninja_arts For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Shaolin Monk kadell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The States (South)
    Posts
    1,096
    PSN
    therealkadell
    Thanked: 152
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Interview with TABMOK99!

    Oh that's cool. Thanks for the reply.

  9. #7
    Kombatant mattteo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Age
    37
    Posts
    220
    Thanked: 29
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Interview with TABMOK99!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_arts View Post
    Happy to answer both questions.

    The pages you see are "MOCK UPS" and only that. They're meant to give a visual to an idea to executives and publishers, and we took it a step further by making it physical so they can sit down with it and look through it. It is by no means a final design or how this book, should it get made, will look. We speak to that in the interview and this is only a pitch. The final book would have all that type of stuff - races, wars, who won what tournament, etc.

    Also, I would assume that it would include both timelines. Given the time constraints we worked with, we could only do a handful of characters and only one page per. Our intention is to see 25 years of Mortal Kombat outlined in said Encyclopedia. We understand the concerns, but we are pushing and asking every time for completeness here. Our "Mock Ups" are by no means that.


    Hey! You're an....easy man to find. I left you 3 messages on twitter without hoping you'd answer to any of them ) I guess I'm just used to Ed Boon not answering :D

    I don't know if you're a fan of the ASOAIF series, but the World of Ice and Fire recently appeared. It expanded the universe with new places around the world. We can use our imagination with what was given and come out with something like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGAic94QDik

    I don't know about everyone else, but the questions I would like to see answered:

    1. How many realms are there? We know the main ones each have a kamidogu, but we can be sure there are many lesser realms as well. We have heard of Zaterra, Vaeternus, Arnyek. In the MK 4 canon comic Tanya introduces a disguised Quan Chi as coming from a distant realm. Though not canon, in the MK Conquest series Raiden says there are soo many realms that he doesn't even know all of them and it takes a really long time to travel from more distant realms to Earthrealm. How could he not know all of them? I mean, I know all of the 200 countries on the globe and I'm just 30 years old, unlike Raiden who is probably at least 100.000 years old (another question I'd like answered, but we''ll get to that later)
    How many realms has Kahn's Empire conquered? Tens? Dozens? Hundreds? Being the subject of much talk these days, I can't help but wonder whether it's something similar to the conquests of the Burning Legion in the Warcraft series, the Hellish Army which lays waste to entire planets in the name of the Demon-Lord, the Dark Titan Sargeras, who can't even step through a normal gateway because of how powerful he is. The similarities with Shao Kahn's Empire are tremendous, but, while Warcraft has built upon this, the MK has largely ignored all the good stuff in favour of more Cage condo in Miami.

    2) Also, which are all the races? I'd like to see a detailed origin and history of the cryomancers, enenras, saurians, seidans, dragons etc
    I'm willing to bet that the cryomancers were wiped out because they pissed off Shao Kahn. Or Shinnok. Probably Shinnok because because Shao Kahn already has on his hands the blood of the Zaterrans and the Osh-Tekk.

    3) A detailed timeline. When did the first Raiden-Shinnok conflict actually take place? I'd bet my left arm it was only about 10.000 years ago and created what we on Earth know as the myth of the Great Flood in many religions. It couldn't have been millions of years ago cause Taven meets Shinnok in MK Armageddon and Shinnok was still an Elder God when Taven was buried and hidden in Earthrealm. Now the intro with Argus and Delia deciding to hide Taven shows us that they were already at odds with Shao Kahn and he was preparing to attack Edenia. Furthermore, during knoquest mode, Taven recalls that he, his father and his brother, with the help of dragon Orin and Caro had already repelled one attempted invasion of Shao Kahn a few years ago.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clFMY1i1CeU -at the 18 minutes 44 seconds mark

    Had Edenia already lost the 10th Mortal Kombat tournament by this time? It can't be millions of years in the past, it seems more like these were the final days of free Edenia. The Mk Mythologies game seems to suggest this too, as it begins saying that the war was fought "thousands" of years ago, not millions. Though in MK4 Shinnok says he has suffered "for eons" it could be just an exaggeration of him being in actual Hell. Did Shinnok orchestrate the fall of Edenia in order to weaken the Elder Gods so that he could attack Earthrealm? Real legends from different mythologies do claim that a Great flood greatly damaged the Earth. Researchers and archaeologists have set the date around 8.000 years BC= 10.000 years ago, roughly in the time of the Edenian War in the Mortal Kombat universe.


    When was Zaterra conquered? I'd say that about 1.000 years in the past, but the genocide of the entire race came after that (and the MK Conquest series gave a wonderful reason for why Shao Kahn chose to exterminate them). Speaking of which, is the kreeyan race canon? It was mentioned in the canon MKX comic book in Reiko's flashback and Reiko was also involved in the blietzkrieg war the Empire had with the kreeyan forces in the tv series.

    4) Why was Reiko, who had fought on Shinnok's side thousands of years ago in the first Shinnok-Raiden war that raveged Earthream, so against Shinnok's invasion that he almost comitted suicide before Havik changed his mind?

    5) Why does Reiko have a grudge against Quan Chi, as shown in the MK Armageddon konquest mode?

    6) If in Ermac is the soul of King Jerrod and Mileena was created using Kitana's DNA, does that make Ermac a little bit her father?

    7) Talking about Reiko, how old is he to have fought in that war? How old is anyone? I tried to guess:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKomba...mortal_kombat/

    8 ) When did Drahmin live? We know he was a great warlord of high statute in the Outworld Empire. Did he respond to Shao Kahn? Was he one of his Generals? Speaking of generals, who lead the Empire's armies in the Edenian War? I'm betting one of the Army Leaders was Reiko. Another may have been Drahmin. Maybe even Quan Chi as Taven vaguely remembers him. And who was on Edenia's side? At first King Jerrod, Lord Argus, Taven, maybe a young Daegon. Maybe even summoning Elder God Shinnok in a ritual. Then young Rain with the Edenian Resistance, with the assistance of Gods Raiden and Fujin from other realms. Ultimately Sindel who does her ward magic by killing herself. Maybe even teenager Kitana tried to fight before being brainwashed? Maybe Tanya? I doubt she was too young as Edenians mature pretty fast and then stay like that for thousands of years. In the original games Kitana was a teenager when her mother died, even remembering Sindel in MK3. Only the Legacy series made her an infant (stupidly and non-canon, as Shang Tsung who was there was actually only born 9000 years later). Could Kitana have tried to fight against the invasion?

    http://www.angelfire.com/art2/queensindel/sindel7.html


    9) Did Shao Kahn's Empire have a Gods Pantheon? Again, there was an awesome scene in the last Mortal Kombat Conquest episode, with Shao Kahn's warriors worshiped as Gods in a community close to Zhu Zin (Shanghai). Maybe you guys will like reading a little story about this I tried to start:

    http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthrea...orld-and-Egypt

    10) Who does Nitara answer to? Is there a high ranking authority of the vampires? Vampire Elders? What is Nitara? Is she a Princess of them? What's the origin of the Kriss?

    11) How did Chaosrealm came to be? I have my theory that it's a planet slightly moved off its axis and drawn towards a bigger planet (Seido?) in a a binary system, therefore the rock formations that float, drawn by both the bigger planet and the gravity of the Chaos planet itself. But it's just a theory.

    12) Who created the soul stones deep into the Netherrealm ? Sorcerors, yes, but which sorcerors? Who was that powerful and we haven't met him/her yet?

    13) Is the Netherrealm infinite? How did Shinnok get around? Did he try to explore it? Did a previous civilization live there? Who wrote the ancient runes that Quan Chi found at the beginning of the Deadly Alliance? Well, actually, it was Drahmin who found them and then lead QC there.

    Now of you're going to spend 2 pages on Scorpion's origin, his moves, finishers and game story (which we all know and is found just a click away on the internet) the encyclopedia won't be exactly what I and many more like me want. There won't be enough room to explore all the other things. Why read again something we already know? Who is interested in that?

    Good luck with your project ad I hope it will answer questions like the one I posted above!
    Last edited by mattteo; 06-26-2016 at 01:38 AM.

  10. #8
    Kombatant mattteo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Age
    37
    Posts
    220
    Thanked: 29
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Interview with TABMOK99!

    Does anyone agree?

  11. #9
    Shaolin Monk kadell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The States (South)
    Posts
    1,096
    PSN
    therealkadell
    Thanked: 152
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Interview with TABMOK99!

    Hey Ninja_arts, if you want, I can help you with the information that answers questions that mattteo posted.

  12. #10
    Kombatant ]{0MBAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    124
    PSN
    kombatpavilion
    Thanked: 32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Interview with TABMOK99!

    To tell you the truth, I'd rather see a book that summarizes the current knowledge (as it were) of the entire MK universe. Possibly clarifying a few things. As opposed to, say, expanding upon it or adding new details, such as never-before-seen characters.
    ]{0MBAT - Correspondent
    tabmok99@mortalkombatonline.com

    MK Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
    http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/

    The Kombat Pavilion:
    http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/

  13. #11
    Shaolin Monk kadell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The States (South)
    Posts
    1,096
    PSN
    therealkadell
    Thanked: 152
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Interview with TABMOK99!

    1. There might be an infinite number of Realms because it seems like NRS is creating a new realm or two each game. However, I can list the ones that were revealed including realms that were barely touched upon.
    -The Main Six (Earthrealm, Outworld, Netherealm, Order Realm, Chaos Realm, Edenia)
    -Zaterra
    -Vaerernus
    -Arnyek
    -Li Mei’s Realm (Hinted at in MK Deception’s Conquest Mode)
    -Heaven
    -The Void
    -Osh-Tekk
    -It’s possible that anyone who’s not a Dragon (or half-dragon) might have been a conquered realm of Outworld. This is due to the fact that Onaga was the first Emperor. Not only that, but he already conquered Lesser Worlds before Kahn took over.

    4) As per the MKX Comics, he saw that after Shao Kahn’s death, he overheard Shinnok and Quan Chi talking about taking over the Realms and essential turning everyone into their slaves. In the comics, he heard a prophesy from a Goddess Statue that told him “Reiko’s Blood Reigns.” The Loon really thought he was gonna be a ruler (which is why he constantly sneaks into Kahn’s room to wear his helmet). Shinnok hurt his feelings when he realized Shinnok didn’t care about having someone be his general so he tried to kill himself. The only reason he didn’t follow this path in the original timeline is because Shao Kahn was still alive after MK3, he was just severely weaken. Therefore, he had no reason to overhear Shinnok and Quan Chi’s discussion.

    5) Quan Chi did do a lot of f*** s*** to both Shinnok and Shao Kahn (especially recently between the times of MK4 and Armageddon. Quan Chi is just distrustful. Heck, using the info from Answer 4, Quan Chi might have discredited Reiko’s position as a leader in MKA, which could be why Reiko was on Guard duty instead of actually in the meeting with Onaga, Shao Kahn, Shinnok, Shang Tsung, and Quan Chi.

    6) No. Ermac is a combination of 1000s of Edenian Souls. Jerrod just happened to be one of them. Since this is cannon, it means he knew this in the previous Timeline as well. However, he never addressed Kitana about Jerrod being one of the many souls inside of him (between MK3 and Armageddon). Not even Kenshi mentioned this to Kitana in both Timelines (which I find weird) so maybe they don’t know he’s her father and/or Jerrod can’t communicate with her anyway.

    7) I know he’s definitely older than Zaterra itself due to the fact that he was around during the war. Most of the characters from Earthrealm are in their mid-twenties to early 30s (excluding their MKX Ages). Also, I wanna know how young Cassie and Jacqui are. During Sonya’s Chapter, Cassie and Jacqui weren’t even born yet and that was 20 years ago. The Comics take place at 15 Years after MK9. That would make Cassie and Jacqui 10 years old. How sway? Now hey, it’s definitely possible that Cassie could be 12 years old. Jacqui on the other hand had to be 10 or 16yo (Jacqui could’ve easily been conceived during the events of MK1 or right before MK2 when Jax was still alive). Jacqui only joined SF because Jax died in MK9. However, in the previous TL, Jax might have pulled a Sonya and got caught up in revenge against Hsu Hao, thus never really getting to see his Daughter and possibly being a divorced man.

    9) It’s possible that it happened in another realm outside of Earthrealm, but not in Earthrealm. However, I wouldn’t be surprised it there was one made for Kotal Kahn in Earthrealm.

    10) Nitara was just a normal Vampire. They probably lost their leaders years ago. Her race was done. Shao Kahn was ruling over them all. One thing is for certain though, Nitara is old af. Older than Shang Tsung himself. Possibly even older than Reiko. It’s not stated who created the Kriss or cursed it, but the first victim of it was a vampire named Kahil Grigesh. He killed himself with it in the Netherealm after feeling guilty for killing his own people. That’s why it was in the Netherealm.

    12) I’m not entirely sure exactly who, but one thing I do know is that this happened BEFORE Quan Chi became a sorcerer and saved Shinnok (he began his life in the Netherealm as an Oni before becoming a Sorcerer).

    13) It is indeed infinite, especially seeing how it’s extremely old and is the location for corrupted dead souls. Imagine ever person alive since the beginning of time who were evil being sent to the Netherealm. They have to compensate space for that. Same with Heaven. I believe it’s multiple planes, but the lowest that’s been confirmed so far is plane 7, which is where Dhahmin resided when he died. Shinnok was never able to travel the realm until he met Quan Chi, though it’s still a bit unknown how Quan Chi traveled the realm. (Maybe due to the use of the soul stone making it easier for him). But before Shinnok, Netherealm was just Hell. I believe the runes were written by Onaga, though I might be wrong.


    @mattteo

  14. #12
    Kombatant mattteo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Age
    37
    Posts
    220
    Thanked: 29
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Interview with TABMOK99!

    Good points, but that still leaves a lot of unknown things. And they're not mysteries, they're exactly the details that an Encyclopedia should clarify.
    What do you think, @Ninja_arts ?

  15. #13
    Kombatant
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Age
    30
    Posts
    142
    Thanked: 29
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Interview with TABMOK99!

    Quote Originally Posted by mattteo View Post
    Good points, but that still leaves a lot of unknown things. And they're not mysteries, they're exactly the details that an Encyclopedia should clarify.
    What do you think, @Ninja_arts ?
    Haven't responded because I lost my password and access to this site. Recently we reached out to Patrick to see if a feature story could be done as well.

    While we would love all of these things to be revealed in the book, we don't think they ALL will. We think some might. However, it's getting there that's the point - Getting the book made and it being official. That's the first major step, to be honest.

    While some may say, well why buy it if it doesn't have those things right away? A lot of folks don't understand - We are a handful of guys doing all this pushing (Traveling to Chicago to pitch the book to NRS is expensive for just a couple guys not making a dime off their project) Getting the book made official and available for fans would be the win here. We want to get to that point and then we can maybe talk about the other stuff.

  16. #14
    Kombatant mattteo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Age
    37
    Posts
    220
    Thanked: 29
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Interview with TABMOK99!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_arts View Post
    Haven't responded because I lost my password and access to this site. Recently we reached out to Patrick to see if a feature story could be done as well.

    While we would love all of these things to be revealed in the book, we don't think they ALL will. We think some might. However, it's getting there that's the point - Getting the book made and it being official. That's the first major step, to be honest.

    While some may say, well why buy it if it doesn't have those things right away? A lot of folks don't understand - We are a handful of guys doing all this pushing (Traveling to Chicago to pitch the book to NRS is expensive for just a couple guys not making a dime off their project) Getting the book made official and available for fans would be the win here. We want to get to that point and then we can maybe talk about the other stuff.


    Yeah, well, it's a good effort.

    I just wish it would at least answer the timeline questions.
    I tried to make it work. As far as I'm concerned, for it to make sense according to the bios and story, it should look like this:


    Untitled.jpg


    Thus, the first Shinnok-Raiden war that was "thousands of years ago" and "plunged the planet into centuries of darkness" more likely triggered the mythological Great Flood in all major religions, which historians have placed roughly 8.000 years BC= 10.000 years ago.

    It couldn't have been during the time of the dinosaurs 40 million years ago

  17. #15
    Kombatant ]{0MBAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    124
    PSN
    kombatpavilion
    Thanked: 32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Interview with TABMOK99!

    Quote Originally Posted by mattteo View Post
    Thus, the first Shinnok-Raiden war that was "thousands of years ago" and "plunged the planet into centuries of darkness" more likely triggered the mythological Great Flood in all major religions, which historians have placed roughly 8.000 years BC= 10.000 years ago.

    It couldn't have been during the time of the dinosaurs 40 million years ago
    The battle between the Elder Gods was absolutely 65 million years ago. First, there's the fact that Shinnok says in his MK4 ending, "For millions of years, I suffered in the bowels of the Netherrealm." (I think this is confirmed somewhere in MKX story mode, too.) Second, there's the fact that their battle displaced an intelligent saurian race who had evolved from raptors, and during the battle they fled to a realm called Zaterra for safety.
    ]{0MBAT - Correspondent
    tabmok99@mortalkombatonline.com

    MK Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
    http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/

    The Kombat Pavilion:
    http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/

  18. #16
    Kombatant mattteo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Age
    37
    Posts
    220
    Thanked: 29
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Interview with TABMOK99!

    Quote Originally Posted by ]{0MBAT View Post
    The battle between the Elder Gods was absolutely 65 million years ago. First, there's the fact that Shinnok says in his MK4 ending, "For millions of years, I suffered in the bowels of the Netherrealm." (I think this is confirmed somewhere in MKX story mode, too.)
    Yeah man, but that doesn't really stand. I know that in the beginning of MKX, Johnny Cage, who narrates, also uses the "millions of years ago". That and Shinnok's ending in MK4 are the only 2 mentions of it having happened so long ago.
    There are however also mentions that it happened only thousands of years ago, like the first sentence here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9uP3J2hpHg

    But, most importantly, Taven and the dragons Orin and Caro had already fought against Shao Kahn and delayed his invasion for a few years. Taven was imprisoned before Shinnok's fall from grace. It's impossible to have taken Shao Kahn millions of years to conquer Edenia. He didn't have patience to wait 500 to win Earthrealm.
    Taven and Daegon fought him around the time Edenia had lost its 10th tournament and Kahn could invade. For how long they successfully defended the realm is unknown, but it couldn't have been more than a few years. They're put to sleep, Argus dies, Edenian Resistance fails, Kahn kills King Jerrod, end of the Edenian War.

    Shinnok claiming that he had been in the Netherrealm for millions of years could just be an exaggeration. He's been in literal Hell, it probably seemed like an eternity to him. Also, his MK4 ending is non-canon, but Taven being put to sleep before Shinnok's rebellion is canon. And Kahn fighting Edenia in the time Taven and Daegon were put to sleep is also canon.

    I think they're just going to leave out the "millions of years" quotes as exaggerations in the future games, if they want to have a logical timeline.

    Quote Originally Posted by ]{0MBAT View Post
    Second, there's the fact that their battle displaced an intelligent saurian race who had evolved from raptors, and during the battle they fled to a realm called Zaterra for safety.

    I don't see how that proves that it was MILLIONS of years ago. It may just as well have happened around 10.000 years ago, coinciding with the Great Flood in many religions that greatly damaged the Earth. The Saurians, an already evolved race, moved to Zaterra. Only the humans remained on Earthrealm. Actually, in real history, such a Great Flood is theorized to have happened around 10.000 years ago. And we don't have written records of that time to know which civilizations were around or how much was destroyed.

    I actually asked the writers of Mortal Kombat on Twitter if Taven knowing Shinnok was a blunder and, although Jon Greenberg tried to put the Shinnok rebellion slightly before the Edenian War, he said that it definitely wasn't millions of years ago in our years, as it's a fictional world and they could actually make dinosaurs exist as close as 10.000 years ago in Mortal Kombat.

    https://twitter.com/Jontology/status/817398761022427137


    Well, hope that helps. I don't pretend to be a know-it-all, but this is probably the only way the timeline makes sense.

  19. #17
    Kombatant ]{0MBAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    124
    PSN
    kombatpavilion
    Thanked: 32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Interview with TABMOK99!

    The endings are non-canon insofar as the things that happen during the course of the endings probably don't unfold that way, but the parts of the endings that recap the past absolutely hold up - no matter who wins or what happens. Thus, when Quan Chi announces to Shinnok that he made an exact duplicate of his amulet, well, that conversation never happened. Yet, he actually did make that duplicate, even if he never had the chance to tell him about it. So when Shinnok says it was millions of years, the whole "that ending never happened" argument doesn't apply - the time that he spent in the Netherealm was already said and done. It holds up.

    As for some of the characters describing it as "thousands" of years, well, technically a true statement. A thousand times a thousand is a million. Millions of years could be described as thousands of years, and - while understating it - it is nevertheless correct. It doesn't contradict the argument that it happened millions of years ago.

    So here's Khameleon's ending:

    mktkha-4.jpg
    mktkha-5.jpg
    mktkha-6.jpg

    This is important because it demonstrates that they were reptiles who had evolved on earth (specifically raptors) millions of years ago. And that they were displaced in the "battle between the gods" (the same phrasing used in MK4's intro). Therefore, it is most likely the cataclysm that wiped out the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. This means that Shinnok and Raiden's epic battle marks the end of the Mesozoic Era and the beginning of the Cenozoic Era, and the remnants of it can still be seen at the K-T boundary.

    I'll be honest, I'm not quite following your argument on why the Argus/Taven/Daegon stuff doesn't fit in with the timeline this way. Maybe some images, quotes, or videos could help.
    Last edited by ]{0MBAT; Yesterday at 03:36 PM.
    ]{0MBAT - Correspondent
    tabmok99@mortalkombatonline.com

    MK Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
    http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/

    The Kombat Pavilion:
    http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 104
    Last Post: 02-16-2016, 10:31 AM
  2. Replies: 83
    Last Post: 04-25-2015, 09:19 PM
  3. Mortal Kombat~Humbar Interview
    By latch360 in forum Mortal Kombat General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 03:34 PM
  4. Mortal Kombat Online Interview (april 18, 08)
    By The 7th Number in forum Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 01:12 PM
  5. Mortal Kombat Gold Interview
    By Jeff Greeson in forum TRMK's Front Page News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-1999, 08:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •