Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Alien (Xenomorph)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Leatherface

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters
I'm unable to thank people yet

MUST POST MOAR!!!

But yeah... I mean, I understand Kratos in MK9. Ed Boon had already mentioned plenty of times how much a fan he was of the GoW series, so having Kratos in a Mortal Kombat game was like a dream come true for him.

Sadly, it also opened the doorway for all the trash rolling into the game as well.

Namco started this bullshit with Soul Calibur II when they had Link, Spawn, and Heihachi as console exclusives, and again in SC4 when they had Darth Vader and Yoda as timed console exclusives (in that case, as marketing for that Force Unleashed game...which is no longer canon thanks to that Disney retcon)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

No they don't because they're not Mortal Kombat characters in the first place.

Obviously, but if there is a game where they have fitted the murderers of slashers it is Mortal Kombat. The mechanism is very similar: a sequence of chase/fight ending in a murder/fatality very gory. And let us not forget characters like Predator served as inspiration since the beginning of the saga.

Obviously, but if there is a game where they have fitted the murderers of slashers it is Mortal Kombat. The mechanism is very similar: a sequence of chase/fight ending in a murder/fatality very gory. And let us not forget characters like Predator served as inspiration since the beginning of the saga.
Mokap fits Mortal Kombat far more than Jason, Freddy, Alien, Predator, Kratos, and Leatherface combined

Mokap fits Mortal Kombat far more than Jason, Freddy, Alien, Predator, Kratos, and Leatherface combined

giphy.gif

Laugh all you want. You know my words to be true. Mokap is native, the others are not.

I understand what you mean, but do not share at all. Think of the first and second Mortal Kombat, for example (the essence of the saga). Do you really think that would fit better Mokap than Predator? Which it has been created for this franchise does not change anything.

I understand what you mean, but do not share at all. Think of the first and second Mortal Kombat, for example (the essence of the saga). Do you really think that would fit better Mokap than Predator? Which it has been created for this franchise does not change anything.
Mokap would still fit. Predator should be in his own product and ONLY his own product. At least MK is Mokap's home.

So Leather face is the least liked. At least his arcade ending was good.

Last edited:
Freddy Kruger because he's the main reason we had 4 whole guest characters in MKX in the first place. If he was never a DLC in MK9, NRS would've never considered having 4 Guest Characters. That's 3-4 entire slots that could've went towards MK characters that weren't in MK9 or new MK Characters.

Last edited:
Kratos...He was a PS3-exclusive, and I don't like content being withheld like that. Furthermore , fatalities performed against him were censored for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited:
Kratos...He was a PS3-exclusive, and I don't like content being withheld like that. Furthermore , fatalities performed against him were censored for all the wrong reasons.

I dislike Kratos for the reason that he was forced upon PS3 players, but Leatherface is the 1 that I disliked the most.
The whole "What about people without internet?" argument was a bunch of weak sauce, too.
For a little over a decade before MK9 came out people have been online gaming, so that excuse (if it was a real excuse for him on the main roster) is a poor excuse, IMO.
At least in MKX the guests are off the main roster.

I find it strange that people didn't really get near as upset about scorpion being a guest character in injustice. It does beg the question wether NRS will do the same in injustice 2 or not.

I find it strange that people didn't really get near as upset about scorpion being a guest character in injustice. It does beg the question wether NRS will do the same in injustice 2 or not.

That's because the people who didn't care for guest characters and are the most vocal about it are also likely MK purists who happened to pick up Injustice.

I don't care for guests in either game IP, and Scorpion was OP as hell, on top of that with his teleport.
Unless NRS is planning another attempt at a MKvsDCU cross-over, they should keep MK out of DC, imo.

I admit to being a big Sub-Zero fan, but even then, no I don't want him in I2, as the Twitter fan poll suggests.
Spawn would fit in better as he originated as a comic book character, but even then, no.

Scorpion was nerfed soon after his dlc release. Hell I was mopping scorpion players even with that atrocious netcode.

Guests are usually OP, for the most part.
Freddy was OP in MK9 and I believe Alien was also OP for a while in MKX.

Regardless, I don't care for guest characters in either IP.
Keeping them off the main roster in Injustice and MKX is the best thing that NRS has done, imo.
Let the people who want them buy them, while also not forcing guests upon everyone else.

You have Soul Calibur to thank for this Guest Character Cancer, when they gave us Heihachi, Spawn, and Link (as console exclusives) in SC2.